Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Acrylic paint'll do it. Should be dirt cheap pretty much anywhere in the world. Model paint, if you want metallic colors or gloss.

If you were feeling really lazy and didn't want to have to go through the arduous process of drawing up to two straight lines, you could always paint the faces of the dice in appropriate colors - green for plus, red for minus, and blank for neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Question about a system kludge I'm thinking about.

I want to build a setup that tempts players with immediate success in exchange for lasting consequences.

I'm thinking of making it a kind of reverse stress track, where you start at empty and voluntarily fill up your boxes. You fill it all the way up, that's it for you. But in exchange, you spend a box to get an automatic success.

The problem I'm having is whether I should leave it as a normal damage track, and so the players will accumulate consequences or plain damage at their own rate, or if I should replace consequences with an unpleasant aspect I can pick on.

The treat-as-normal option seems easiest to get a handle on, but I like the idea of giving players another aspect like a mental disorder that they can earn FP on. On the gripping hand, if there are consequences all the way up the track, then there's less of an issue getting a player to push themselves over the limit, because if they're that bad off in the first place, they're already beset by problems they created for themselves.

What should I do? And hell, did that even make sense?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Thanks, guys. Thinking about it a little more, I'll go with consequences for buying a success. In the abstract, anything to keep aspect bloat down is probably a good idea.

Fenarisk posted:

I think this is why I like stunts more in FAE because they work like that.

Man, there are just fewer and fewer reasons to pick Core over FAE every day. I really shoulda gotten the print edition for that too.