Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
My complete amateur ideas, depending on what you want:

City of Doors and Secrets (obvious reference)
Don't Screw the Lady (can't remember her title :v: )
If Ye have Faith as a Mustard Seed (belief driven reality)
Philosophy Slapfight! (the various factions jockeying)
All Roads Lead to Here (the presumed diversity of the city)

They're probably garbage, but that's the stuff you want, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Plutonis posted:

Don't trust this guy, he has an ~anime avatar~!

So do you, and so do I. :japan:

Really, though, there aren't any FATE/Fate Core/Fate Accelerated settings tied to anime explicitly. Heck, before Fate Core, the standard for the Play by Post forum was a tie in to the Dresden Files series, which I've seen reused for a smoky New Orleans investigative game and a sadly aborted Jagged Alliance alike.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

You guys too? I thought I was the only one krysmphoenix's dicebot hated! :glomp:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

So I wasted my money getting it? :argh:

I know KZV doesn't fall into that skill-splitting trap--shoot works just as well for aircraft weapons as it does for normal ones. That's something I'll need to keep in mind. Also, Galaga Galaxian, just to let you know, I would totally sign on for a Crimson Skies hack. Although would that be a modded KZV?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Everblight posted:

So our group is trying FATE. None of us is super-knowledgable, but we're doing our best. Question came up, though, that doesn't seem to have a good answer.

Player Adam shoots Bad Guy Nancy. Adam gets 3 on their roll to hit, Nancy gets 3 on her roll to dodge. So, a tie. Obviously no damage is dealt, but how is a tie different than a miss? Does that create a one-time aspect the players can use on followup attacks on Nancy? Can Nancy use it when firing back at Adam?

It means Adam's team gets a one time +2 bonus that can be used on another move, depending on the attack. For instance, if Adam was shooting at Nancy, he might take the one time boost "Suppressed!" that player Barbara can use on her move, or that Adam can use when the turn order goes back around.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

The Dregs posted:

I just bought the fate Accelerated rules and I am trying to figure them out.

If you take your action to gain a boon or create a new aspect or whatever, when does it take effect?

Say, the room has the Dark aspect. You choose to use the darkness to cover your attack, thus getting a bonus to your attack roll. You would have to wait until next turn to actually attack, right?

If the room has the "Dark" aspect pre-existing, you can "invoke" the aspect--that is, add +2 to your roll, or reroll your dice--at the same time as your attack by spending a Fate Point.

If you have to do something to make the room dark--say, shooting out the lights--then that creation of the aspect ("Create Advantage" in game terms) takes a turn, and next turn you can use it to attack. Depending on how you created the aspect, it may come with a "free invoke"--you can take +2 or reroll without having to spend a Fate Point.

e: ^^^^ bastard! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Court/Ship always seemed like discount Monsterhearts to me. Maybe because of the art style, maybe because I'm not up on my early modern history of France, but when I read it I kept thinking "what does this game do that Monsterhearts doesn't?"