Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I had a wild idea for a game yesterday, where the players were comically eeeevil supervillains working to conquer/destroy/conquer then destroy the world. The tone would be Austin Powers/TheSwain's Mastermind flash animations. I figure that Fate Accelerated would work nicely for this, but I was wondering how you could implement having hordes of minions to do trivial poo poo. I was thinking that each player has a Minion Pool; you can spend the pool to give bonuses to things. It'd have two caveats: Once you're out, you're out for the scene (need to let HR do its thing, dole out pensions, pay medical bills, send fruit baskets to the families of the deceased, etc)

The second would be that you can't gain more than +3 on a single roll (at that point you can't do any better throwing fodder at the problem). I don't have much experience with FAE so I've no idea if this'd work or not. The alternate idea was each player'd get a special Aspect for their minions, showing what they're good at and what type they are (so a supervillain with a necromancy gimmick who's a caretaker at an old folks home might have Night Of The Nearly Dead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU