Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
Hey Evil Mastermind you're in both threads - what's the difference between AW's countdown clocks and Fate's stress tracks? I get the feeling they're very similar but I'm not too familiar with Fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

At this point I think I'm creating a monster. I'm veering away from Fate Core so much that I'm starting to co-opt other games' mechanics and design.

My major problem is that I'm never happy with how it is, I have to keep tinkering and altering things. Right now I've made so many changes and jotted down so many design notes I haven't got a Goddamn clue where to start rewriting from.

If you've got something written down I'd love to take a look and comment! I've been thinking the same thing myself re: mashing Fate and Dungeon World together - 13th Age, too. I mean like Error404 said there's more to it than that but you get what I'm saying.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Ettin posted:

Posting stuff for criticism, eh? Well, how about all the stunts I put together for Inverse World Accelerated? :toot:

(If someone would actually like to, comments are enabled! Please tell me who you are though in case I want to DISCUSS THINGS.)

I need permission?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Enlightened Physician's Diagnostic Excellence
"When you attempt to diagnose an illness, it takes a matter of minutes." This isn't directly tied to an Aspect, or I'd have told her that the Aspect applies anyways; I don't see the need for two bits of the system to both be hitting on the same thing.

It might also be cool if the diagnosis was a matter of moments, not minutes. Have you got any more of these typed up FrozenGoldfishGod? I'm doing research for a hack of my own and I'd love to see what you've done!