Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Install Windows posted:

A very large number of conspiracy theorists simply have never been told accurate information. They only ever hear about things from other conspiracy theorists, and simply don't take time to look up, say, that yes buildings collapse when a they have huge fires burning in them after they're hit by a plane.

I actually encountered something like this. She began the conversation with "I don't know anything about engineering, but I just don't see how a plane could bring down a building like that."

Well, I went down the list, talked about jet fuel, fire, how steel weakens at high temperature, the dynamics of how the buildings fell, etc., and she really didn't have much to say after that. I don't know if it actually convinced her, but she'd clearly never heard the real explanation before. She wasn't a hardcore conspiracy theorist, though, so your results may vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread