Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN6bosY2eAc

Pushing into wacky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Tias posted:

There is no reason people wouldn't be able to enter the most crowded commercial buildings in the world, wait till no one was looking, and then plant thermite explosives inside the walls, and then be sworn to complete secrecy (outside of horribly crude youtube vidyas) for ever!

*can is labeled: own farts*

They where built wired to explode, duh

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Tias posted:

The world is not a perfect world. One meltdown is one too many, and yet they keep coming.

But a contained meltdown like 3 Mile Island lets out less radiation then coal plants do normally.

There are risks in all things, but at least atomic power only has this risk when things go wrong.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

blowfish posted:

Given that it's the conspiracy thread I'll just say that Natural, Organic, and GMO-free are obviously astroturf introduced by the food industry to keep selling actually unhealthy things :v:

As a guy who's worked in clinical nutrition most of my adult life, and spent a year working at a raw vegan restaurant. This is the simplest version of the conspiracy.

Generally speaking, yes the quality difference between an organic product and a traditionally farmed one is astronomical, and yeah this leads to them being healthier. However the logic break comes in when people on the bandwagon can't grasp that everything has trade offs. There's critical practices of organic farming that cause it to be more expensive, and in some ways have a larger environmental impact then traditional farming methods, mostly in water usage (sorta a big deal here in California right now).

So the conspiracies I run into while doing demos run the gambit from just bad causal links like they're feeding our kids garbage to make them weak and easy to placate (I mean the obestiy epidemic is real, I just don't think it's really intentional aside from good ole Crisis of Capitalism), to GMOs cause ADHD/autism/Flavor of the month thing, never mind that I've got me some horrid ADHD and I was born decades before GMO technology was even close to hitting the market. Lots of non-organic products are part of mind control types.

My best clients remain the type who have moved it into a religious level where standard farming (also Flouride) has calcified our pituitary gland preventing mankind from opening it's 3rd eye and becoming the indigo generation.
I mean mankind was so enlightened in the 1800s. . .

alt punchline, because said Spiritual Awkening was totally possible before the food surpluses of the industrial age.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

You guys into black goo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88BcgzzcTc

According to Harald’s research, an invading version of what is knows as “black goo” landed on our planet roughly 80,000 years ago. This black goo could be considered a type of alien A.I. or a “seed device” for creating life within a biosphere. This invader does not belong here, and has been attempting to unpack it’s program to the determent of our natural order. It contains remnants of it’s original lifeforms, spider type beings, which have been coaxing the elite into carrying out their plans for Earth bound manifestation for as long as we know. Our energies have been used as feed, and our environment has been tweaked to make the people weak. The plan to get these higher dimensional Archonic beings to “hook” into their human husks is getting closer all the time, and is at the heart of the transhumanist agenda.

No, but you said the word goo, and there's a related video explaining that they're demons, so uh down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Care to back that up? My most prominent memories of Art Bell are things like "rods" (these long mostly invisible flying giant snake things), Hale-Bopp, some lady that claimed to be having sex with these reptilian alien dudes, a time traveler, people who could do astral projection and remote viewing, and some bottomless pit.

Bell's coverage of Hale Bop was what led Heaven's Gate from being a kinda weird socially active church into a suciide cult. I know 95% of the blame goes onto the cult leader for being an egomaniac, but Bell specifcally was what radicalized them.
Bell was softer then other consipracy junk before OKC, but William Peirce who wrote the Turner Diaries was a regular guest.

• Locked thread