Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Conspiracy theorists, in my limited experience are bat-poo poo retarded and not worth listening too. They take concepts which are worthy of debate ie: "The Government does not have our best interests at heart" or "the monetary system is designed to imprison us" and mix it with things like "chemtrails" and "false flag operations" and "fluoride is a poison" and "vaccines are killing you".

Actively not socially interacting with these sorts is the best method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
On the one hand I feel a lot of pity for the majority of young people I've encountered who latch onto these beliefs. Mostly they tend to believe it's all an excuse to orchestrate war which of course is the most profitable activity for the Government. They all seem to have a hatred for banks which is understandable when most of them are growing up finding it difficult to get employment and thus afford necessities never mind luxuries. Having a massive hatred for authority is also common, a lot of people feel like the Government etc are lying to them and imprisoning them through the monetary system. Surprisingly having an interest in survival-ism for when the electricity stops and we can't find food is also common place.

Of course, I don't think it's a coincidence almost all of them are raving potheads.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get this bizarre notion conspiracy theorists have that states "you are living in a prison cell but you can't see the bars". It's fairly obvious the bars to most real world people are money, time, and to a lesser extent healthcare.

These "sheeple" should spend some time in Bangladesh working 17 hour shifts for £2 then they would maybe realize the relativity of the term freedom.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
According to a "friend" of mine on facebook we all need to be worried because the global super power elite are feeding us genetically modified viruses through fake, laboratory grown eggs.

Heres the link if you are interested - http://asheepnomore.net/2013/11/21/bill-gates-gmo-zombie-eggs/

Retards who believe this kind of hyper fictional, Michael Crichton esque bullshit need to stop smoking dope all the time and get a loving job.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My facebook feed is filling up with more and more anti-government propoganda and "united slaves of america" tripe than ever before these days.

I can't help but wonder if the people who get far too deep into this sort of things are expecting more from their government. You get the feeling that people realise that they arn't born into the world to get everything for nothing and having to work for a living and make their own way in the world is a horrible sin.

I guess a lot of conspiracy theorists are of the thinking that being a human being means you should get everything essential provided to you for nothing without realising that if that was the case, people would probably just breed uncontrollably.

I dunno. It just angers me because it's fairly obvious the government doesn't have peoples best interests in mind but it's just lazy to claim you should come into the world and get everything you need provided for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Forgall posted:

Please tell me more about this Just World that you inhabit and how much you achieved in it through your own hard work and merit without anyone's help :allears:

As opposed to the legions of people that lap this poo poo up who a) don't have a job and b) spend all their benefit money on dope??

• Locked thread