Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Main Paineframe posted:

Government officials of sufficient rank getting inexplicably promoted despite high-profile failures isn't evidence of conspiracy, it's par for the course. Hell, it's the same in private industry too, just look at some of those fuckup CEOs that destroy everything they touch but still end up getting hired over and over. Connections and being on good terms with the bigshots matter far more than performance ever will.

On the other hand, what separates "crazy nutjob" conspiracies like trutherism from "probably legit" conspiracy theories like that one US ship that was "accidentally" bombed by Israel way back when?

Also see Bush getting re-elected after 9/11 happened on his watch AND he invaded Iraq for no reason.

If I ever have kids I don't think I can ever really explain them them the period between 2000-2008 that won't elicit looks of "what the gently caress was wrong with everyone" from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Install Windows posted:

Your typical truther's idea of a cruise missile:

Seriously, I've mentioned it before but a lot of the people propagating conspiracy theories rely either intentionally or incidentally on the fact that most people simply don't know some basic facts.

Of course that's a cruise missile. I mean it obviously can't be a heavy lift vehicle that can land 2 people on the moon and return them safely home right? :tinfoil:

• Locked thread