Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I just don't get it - there is bad stuff happening right under people's nose, but they invent this entire other set of bad stuff instead.

This is the part I can't stand - I would honestly be more patient with conspiracy theorists if this poo poo didn't ultimately end with them raving how we need to DISMANTLE EVERYTHING since the government should be mistrusted constantly so of course we should abolish public schools and welfare.

Also the 9/11 stuff smacks of racism of the highest caliber - like, of course the government had to do it (9-11) because who would trust the idea that men from countries most American people had barely read about in high school brought this super-modern ultra awesome capitalist country to it's knees with a jet and two towers?

The really bad conspiracy nuts are actually way more nationalistic and patriotic then they realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

This is the one my LooseChanj-Nein-Elephant-loving friend was trying to sell me on last night over drinks:

http://www.bollyn.com/game-over-evidence-of-super-thermite-in-the-rubble

Iron iron orbs ya'll

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Most conspiracy theorists are harmless. That's what makes it funny and not scary.

I have a conspiracy theorist in my life who straight up admitted he would pillage and kill anyone he had to survive if revolution comes to America.

This was in response to us wondering if we should grow citrus trees on our lawn so our neighbors could have free fruit if they wanted.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

I love it. This will be the mental place I escape to when my friends start talking about poo poo. Aerosol rainbows.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Doomsday cult stuff is fascinating. Any good sources/media the thread can suggest on, well, any of it?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

I don't why but where I find the ILLUMINATI LIZARD CHEMTRAIL actually kinda cute - the false flag stuff is a brand-new wave of horrifying to me.

It just grates on me in the worst way, and it's always an excuse for people to lie to themselves. In an attempt to sound honest and noble, they fabricate way, way more outrageous poo poo while ignoring actual scandals and conspiracies.

CTs are literally children. They are proof that you can spend 20, 30, 40 years multiplying and killing your cells and never gain an ounce of loving insight for it.

Like, the 20+ years leading up to 9/11 is a conspiracy. A Capital C Conspiracy.

But for whatever loving reason, my country has to go: NO there were THERMITE BALLS and DETONATIONS and HOLOGRAMS because I loving hate anything that reminds me of my parents, you goddamn nanny government!!

Quit trying to make me accept other people's way of life! Quit controlling my life! Give me a gun and let me kill everyone who touches my XBOX ONE. I have all the answers! Me! You loving government-worshipping sheep! Praise Jesus!

Get out, Government. Get out and do so me thing useful instead of taking my money for roads and schools and fire services and police (god bless our boys in blue!!!!) and start bombing those loving Muslims, the loving North Koreans, the loving Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, the French, Canadians, Jews, Arabs, Gingers, Atheists, libertarians, Christians, EBOLA, ISIS, SJWS, Tumblr, Reddit and Whitey.

*Mommy State implements policy changes to education and welfare, in terms of cuts. So minorities get hosed, harder. Districts are gerrymandered. Minorities - hosed. lovely healthcare policy implemented, but millions now have when they had none before. Better for minorities, but are now coupled with a poor tax, which delights the non-poor. Deals are made, hands shook, more broken geek tech poo poo made by the tons to be consumed by the non-poor. Forest mulched into nothing. Oil. Lots of oil, all the oil, maybe. And a planet slowly going off like an overheating, cracked radiator

But the Big rear end Meal Combo is suddenly 25 cents more than last month for both food price increases and wages going up in the franchise*

gently caress YOU FOR HELPING PEOPLE THAT AREN'T ME! TAX IS THEFT AND THEY SHOULD GET A REAL JOB FOR REAL WAGES

I CAN DO IT MYSELF I DONT NEED YOUR HELP I CAN BE A CONSUMER ON MY OWN 9/11 FALSE FLAG BENGHAZI LIBERALS OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA

*fusses, starts screaming like a child at a goddamn Macy's when refused 100% superficial and belligerent adolescent demands, is dragged through a half-mile open-air to parking lot, screaming about how much they hate mommy, they hate her, they hate her, they*

*baleful childish screaming is cut short by a smack on the zygomatic arch so loving hard it registers on the Richter Scale.*

Armani fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 17, 2015

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

My unending hatred (and writing fiction) of self-interested, paranoid xenophobic waste that would rather eat a white baby then pay money to fix a pothole in a Spanish neighborhood aside: loving iron spheres in 9/11! My goddamn History Professor wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it last semester!

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-iron-microspheres-in-9-11-wtc-dust-as-evidence-for-thermite.2523/

What the gently caress is all this? I can't even google most of this because the result are clogged with the craziest bullshit ever. However, the only reason this conspiracy is even in my memory banks is because this is actually the theory I have heard the most, from all walks of crazy life. For every bullshit tale that no one else knows about, some how everyone knows about these spheres found in the wreckage.

From the looks of it, there's a boomer-aged user in that thread who might be the only one who is not crazy and knows his poo poo. Kids these days, telling the one dude who probably saw nuclear bomb testing first-hand that it was totally a nuke over New York and the gubermint,

Armani fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 17, 2015

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

But collapsing them to keep Baal contained in the Pentagon sure does make sense.

I honestly wish we lived in this reality. Anything to keep the Old Ones sleeping for another millennia.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Morkies posted:

Imo there are real conspiracies and that's why people mock "conspiracy theories" so much.

My beef is showing conspiracy theorists true blue, decades long plots and they just don't give a gently caress because it's - my guess- not sexy or fantastical enough. A lot seem to cling to poo poo you can't prove 100%, even in their favor. It's backwards, but many act (and have acted) like their life, self-worth, and self-esteem depends on it.

How the gently caress do you level with that?

We live in possibly the most video-taped point in history but the denier rhetoric seems triple on every front. There's mental gymnastics and then there's whatever the hell Sandy Hook crisis-actor level stuff is. Lizard men just seem cute. 20 children actually died.

gently caress, we can't even get people to acknowledge millions in the Holocaust and various other genocides. Are numbers just too much sometimes for some people?

E: formatting

Armani fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 30, 2015

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

blowfish posted:

probably the most accurate interpretation of conspiracy weirdness

millenials and anyone younger in the developed world have never experienced true misery, by which i mean the illuminati need to start ww3 to straighten everyone out

You're actually closer than you think. I am trying to parse out the other reply to me but this is basically how I feel: we're too loving comfortable to have people react like this. 9/11 isn't the conspiracy - it's the result of one. Capital C conspiracy but people can't shut up about buildings and thermite. Just...missing the whole loving point for flashy images. Same with Sandy Hook: if dead kids then why no crying parent? (Shows picture of one person, clearly in shock, surrounded by wailing mourners.)

Fishmech in another thread told me the most dangerous activity the average American does everyday is drive their cars. I hope other people can see how this might affect how the balls-to-the-wall trutherism gets spread here. We live in mobile air conditioned bubbles that have radios, and go limp at the idea of children being killed in America by Americans. We can't deal, man. Not when the hardest thing most of us do is just wake up and breathe.

Everyone read that article on VICE about Sandy Hook, then go to the comments. It's the effect, right now, that the Internet has.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

blowfish posted:

Trigger warning: not a perfect world.
For me, a perfect world still has death - just without the global existential nightmare crisis response currently gripping these people being amplified like a dub step airhorn on the Internet right now (myself included)

I dunno, there's lizardmen and then demanding the bodies of dead children to make your brain tickle

Armani fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 14, 2015

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

I'd be more willing to laugh at him if I hadn't loving helped the military promote Black Ops lll last year

We set up an armored car covered in gilly nets on a show floor and the kids swarmed it. You're going to have a lot of broken, desperate, stupid people joining our service in the next few years because they believe in patriotic idolatry.

Baronjutter posted:

So my friend's 8 year old daughter is apparently TERRIFIED of THE ILLUMINATI and their mind control. And it's not just her, apparently the whole elementary school system of her age range is just full of gossip and fear mongering and making up stories about illuminati conspiracies.

What weird loving times we live in. When I was 8 I was scared of people figuring out my pog hustling scam and the bottom falling out of the pog market.

Related: all the kids talk about ISIS over here. I live in the biggest military town in CA and it's by design to fill your kids with that nonsense from day 1, swaddling them in old glory, naval stars, camo print, or eagles. There's a particularly older veteran of Desert Storm who likes to come into my store and talk about how we need to educate our children with CALL OF DUTY: ISIS and ANGRY ISIS BIRDS to prepare them for a battle with the Islamic hordes that he sees as a war that will darken us for another 100 years.

Armani fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 29, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

The military has seen entertainment as a valid means of recruitment ever since Top Gun came out and apparently caused a spike in enlistment. :shrug:

I think this and having a loving assload of media assuring you that sexless, motherless violent patriotism is totally dope is what caused a spike IMO

boom boom boom posted:

Honestly, the better thing to do would be to focus on physical fitness. How are we supposed to fight ISIS when most of the 18 year olds are too loving fat?

This is not going to be any easier thanks to the NFL CTE research from the last few years. It's not the NFL, as of now, at risk - it's the pee wee and kids leagues, where everyone basically starts, which will annihilate the NFL for talent in a few decades.

I think we're going to see stupid-big changes in that area alone. I am pretty sure my kids will watch football that looks completely alien to me.

Armani fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 29, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

So the status quo, then

Fair enough.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008