Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Then there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doeD1pu8XT4

I never saw Alex Jones go full Baptist until this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

I've been hearing people lately with regards to Ukraine/Russia saying "Just waiting for the false flag to start a war here, it's gonna happen". It's loving annoying because they're already convinced whatever happens will be a false flag. They don't even want to entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, things weren't planned out in advance by the illuminati.

Meanwhile I've noticed the Western media actively avoiding the contents of the latest Erdogan leaks where he might be talking about a false flag to justify more involvement in Syria :tinfoil:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dig the building 7 conspiracy because it dovetails nicely with the first X-files movie (where an Oklahoma City-type bombing is actually a false flag to destroy a FEMA office containing alien corpses).

But the point made in this thread about the loss of water pressure and lack of fire suppression makes alot of sense.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is he still ignoring the point about the lack of sprinkler systems in Building 7? Or has he just gone into full Aussie nutter mode?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/SUSPICIOUS-MINDS

A new Adam Curtis post about how society became post-modern.

'If one looks back now it is possible to see it as a kind of revolution in which both left and right were collaborating to overthrow an old, decayed patrician culture. And as it grew in the 1980s and 90s it would give rise to something that went beyond politics - to a general culture of suspicion and distrust of everyone in authority.'

9/11 was, as Heath Ledger Joker would put it, the last little push into madness.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm on the same page, dude went into Rosenberg territory. Internationalism has been dead for a long while.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If we need to have a despot Pope Francis seems like a a pretty good choice.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Purify your essence with Alex Jones!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alpacalips Now posted:

I can't understand how people can actually think the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax for all the reasons Centripedal Horse mentioned and more. Normally, I don't get worked up over conspiracy theories, but that one pushes my buttons. It's absolutely ghoulish to attack and harass the parents of murdered children.

As I have been saying, it is a form of political denial. Running around screaming '9/11 is an inside job' is a lizard brain way of convincing people not to cooperate with the Neoconservative agenda. Similarly people who love their guns will accept that 'Sandy Hook is an inside job' because it is a way of rejecting any attempt to implement gun control.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like how The Infowars antiradiation Iodine mentions how it is FDA approved for that purpose.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://redlettermedia.com/best-of-the-worst-wheel-of-the-worst-5/

Red Letter Media actually encountered the complete cult movie VHS

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

Of course the fun thing about Satanic Ritual Abuse is that it never existed.

But we showed kids this book and they said it happened to them!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Combine the Philadelphia Experiment with Lizard people.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Extraterrestrial activity in the solar system, past and present, is at least kind of plausible and interesting. Space is big and there are plenty of places to hide, and if they aren't interested in talking to us it would be in the interest of governments to keep these ideas on the fringe.

QuarkJets posted:

e: "That would be the so-called Earth" Holy poo poo, does he think that the Earth is a hologram too?

"The moon is a hologram" sounds like something flat earthers would come up with. It's turtles all the way down.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

razorrozar posted:

I actually think it's likely that if interstellar flight is achievable, extraterrestrials have visited our solar system at some point. However, humanity has existed for ~10,000 years out of ~4.5 billion, so it's exceedingly unlikely they visited us.

I entertain a couple ideas: either there are artifacts left behind or they showed up and never left. Planets like Earth could still be very rare, so aliens passing through could leave behind some stuff for an advanced civilization to find (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3753_Cruithne) or once they found a planet with a biosphere they stuck around to study it.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah my idea that aliens have been here / are here assumes it takes decades if not centuries to travel between solar systems, and once you are living in space that long you just stay there. Earth would be of interest to such a civilization for study, not colonization.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Forgall posted:

they just want to probe our butts

but I poop from there!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

Did the reptilian illuminati stuff come before or after the release of the Super Mario Bros movie?

You have to go back to the 'V' miniseries, but it could predate that.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

How loving sick in the head do you have to be to believe this? How much effort would it take to hide all the "clues" found in the theory given here?

“Ok, I want to hide a specific number as a clue, so find me a name based on a very loose system of coded math… then break it down till you end up with two digits. Then reverse those digits.. for no reason”

Schizophrenia

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
HAARP isn't even in operation anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xDfGPYvVY

Obviously because they've now put its discoveries to use for other control machines :tinfoil:

The very unusual East Coast earthquake a couple of years ago had an epicenter near DC and Joe Biden was visiting China at the time. Clearly there is a secret arms race.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Less like the Taliban and more like the Khmer Rouge

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
70% Good 30% Bad

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I still use my single core (!) midrange 2006 desktop with Windows XP and it runs plenty of things quite well. Plenty of people have to get new computers all the time because they wind up loaded with malware and reformatting is esoteric knowledge compared to just buying a new one.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Footed Booby posted:

My favorite part of all that is Von Braun defecting by having his brother approach a random-rear end private and say "yo, my brother designed the V1 and he wants to defect." Can you imagine being that private?

:stare: "uh lemme get my CO."

I liked the story of Stalin telling his rocket designers to drop everything and just reverse engineer the V1.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I meant the V2, easy to get them confused.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

crowoutofcontext posted:

I love how a lot of these conspiracy articles begin with: "It's like something straight out of the movies..."

The Power of Dreams and Nightmares

http://vimeo.com/76571554

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do you deal with people who have unusual beliefs/values in a society that emphasizes individual liberty?

That person either has to choose to seek help for themselves or they cannot be restrained until they are a clear danger to themself and others.

A more proactive solution risks become a means to stifle 'undesirable' ideas like the Soviet system of institutionalizing dissenters.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'At this point, what difference does it make?'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Oh yes, just like Roosevelt allowed for Pearl Harbour.

Yes. A good number of ships were at sea that day which prevented the attack from being a crippling blow to the Pacific fleet.

'At this point, what difference does it make?'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These tree-like runes I inscribe show me the most likely outcomes and causalities, giving me insight into reality that few others can perceive.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Arrowsmith posted:

I really wish there was an out-and-out, Colbert-level proponent of new world order/global government.

The American pundit class does a pretty good job.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stop worrying about facts and evidence. These are mental distractions that create misery in the holographic projection that is reality. Just be positive.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was a WTC 7 skeptic but in the early pages of this very thread a reasonable argument is laid about regarding

a) The loss of water pressure and failure of the fire suppression system (no sprinklers)
b) Completely unprecedented damage from debris

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
AMOFB - see a counselor and maybe try an SSRI - you'll feel better.

A single individual can't grasp all of reality. Stop trying.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Nation of Islam creation myth makes plenty of sense as a means of countering white supremacist narratives about blacks being inherently backwards.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verisimilidude posted:

Here's some more crazy poo poo that's popped up. http://thespiritscience.net/2015/01/04/alien-species-a-z-part-2/

I don't know what a "theoretical documentary" is, but apparently they're composed of a bunch of random video game footage edited together and are narrated with text-to-speech.

Someone did a similar thing with Adam Curtis

http://www.tomscott.com/infinite-adam-curtis/

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smoothrich posted:

I'm from the NYC area and was active in anti war demonstrations all the time and trying to get attention to the danger and recklessness of American foreign policy to peace. But I watched every protest get hijacked by fringe conspiracy people who blamed Bush for 9/11 handing out truther pamphlets and making us look like illegitimate crazies. I thought they were doing way more harm than good for my causes and beliefs by teaching other young angry people like me the wrong framework to guide left wing politics and right and wrong. American hubris and imperialism led to 9/11 which was a tragedy. But teaching people about loving melting points of steel instead of our decades of interference in the Middle East was as harmful as blind patriotism to helping prevent something like 9/11 from ever happening again. That's why I can't stand conspiracy theorists.. Ends up validating an ignorant American centric view of history.

Intelligence agencies encourage fringe weirdos to advance their agenda :ssh:

Check out 'Mirage Men' on Netflix - it's about Air Force Intelligence manipulating UFO nuts to provide cover for the stealth bomber. It also suggests that cattle mutilations were done by the air force to accomplish two goals: 'discrete' sample collection for studies on radiation in the food chain and to build the UFO myth.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

That's silly, cattle "mutilations" have been going on for like thousands of years, ever since masses of livestock have been left alone for a bit for memebers of the herd to die in temperate climates

This was a specific instance of cattle mutilation where the animals were being undeniably dissected and people were seeing strange lights in the sky (helicopters equipped with extraneous lights)

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Look at these antiwar mobs suppressing free speech, just like the blackshirts!

Be a Real American. Support Democracy. Support our Troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jeff Boss is still the best protest vote available.

• Locked thread