Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah, what motivates these people is a sort of anti-modernist traditionalist fear that mass monoculture food production is bad for the environment and tends to be dominated by corporate profit motives. this is true and reasonable.

but addressing structural problems in our society is nigh impossible, so its easier to boil it down to acute problems like "monsanto is actively poisoning us" or "GMOs are bad like RADIATION" and other half baked luddite nonsense

for example there's a lot of fear that GMOs cause health problems and some tenative but not at all convincing research linking GMOs and herbicide consumption with poor health. this gets endlessly rebroadcast in woo circles like articles proving the link between vaccines and autism. but you know what does demonstrably cause poor health as consumption increases? processed food

the general link here is that there is an actual problem we can do very little/nothing about. so one way to prevent feeling completely impotent and helpless in the face of a big mean world is to invent a villain to rage against, whether it be monsanto, or big pharma, or george w. bush, or all black people, or or or

I told a naturalist gmo is causing cell badness guy that it is more important to know what ingredients you eat rather than how the ingredients are made or grown if you want to live a healthy life.

I was of course an naive childe because he read antigmo articles in magazines. Why would someone just print something on an magazine that is not the truth? It boggles one mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

McDowell posted:

It sounds like social anxiety reaching the level of schizophrenic delusions. I'm taking an SSRI and before I was on it I used to fixate on how you can't know what other people are thinking/doing (and maybe when you're not around they talk about you and make plans to gently caress with you!). Maybe you can convince your mom to see a doctor :smith:

i am taking SSRI for social angst and i still think what people might think and simulate what and how they would think and react if i talk to them. It is the Input in Data out Social Theory (co-authored by Data from Star Trek) or IDST for short.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i have a friend sleeping over and he brought up that there was NO MOLTEN STEEL AMONGST THE RUBBLE NUSH DID 9/11!!!
i have the worst luck when it comes to friends. why the hell are there so many truthers in Northern Norway?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Check your local laws on kicking him out immediately. Most places the person has to have been staying there over X weeks to have any resident rights.

nah he is clean he doesnt even use marijuana now. in fact he is leaving tomorrow to work down on his debt on a fish refinery workplace thing.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Of course it can. That was Iceland's real weapon in the Cod War.

There are still Hákarl landmines strewn about Iceland even today.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Trying to put off working for as long as possible today I looked up what was happening in the world of Norwegian truthers. Apparently they're in a panic because of the threat of a CIA sponsored Islamic coup underway in the country following the false flag attacks in Paris following decades of covert CIA activity in Norway.

I imagine I would get pretty bored in Norway too.

old norwegians are deathly afraid of "arab countries". They told me everything is arabian down there.
i was like, hello? have u even played MGS5? racist.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
What is nanothermite and videos of explosions several floors from the fallcrush part and cia agent woman and insurance have to do with bush did 9/11?

I have problem convincing youtube watching friend.

i also lose abiliti to write.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
He is also concerned with the nefarious threat the common muslim is. Because they can all be turned against us if the religious leaders say so. kill kill murder rape.

edit: he smoked a lot of marijuhana before so idk what is ignorance or brain damage.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I really hate freefall gravity guys.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i have a theory that video artifacting creates evidence for conspiracy theories. WHAT DO THE CODEC CREATORS HAVE TO HIDE? WHERE IS THE CODEC?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
people finally have the truth about vaccines on facebook because of this https://www.infowars.com/study-infants-with-dtp-vaccine-5-to-10-times-more-susceptible-to-dying/

blarblarbarg

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I'm not clicking on a infowars link and shame on you for posting one instead of doing literally anything else

i feel bad.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Leofish posted:

More susceptible to dying? We're all going to die someday, Alex.

You know what DPT vaccinated babies won't die of? loving diphtheria.

ablooo blooo blooooo :qq:

-alex jones

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
im dead and gay

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
or am i?

dun dun dunnnn!

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

But are you black or white?

i am gray ash

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
sry i meant gay ash

edit: snipe lol

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
Radiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations.

This makes the rounds on facebook. I am a ghoul soaking in the rads so i dont care.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I fall faster than gravity towards the ground when i trip thanks to my massive gravitational pull. I also jump faster than light so it looks like i am just standing HNNGGGINNG when i am really jumping around collecting coins. I take in darkness with my eyes whenever it is dark so i see black in my head at night. I can breathe out air for infinity before breathing in because i have a navel on my stomach. Whenever i see a cat all cats are seen at once by me because i know what cat looks like. When mother give me money i invest it in bitcoin. When i swim and can see the seafloor i fall down and hit the sand. When i talk my thoughts travel with the speed of sound making me the fastest human alive. The earth is flat because we use coins that are flat. When i see the sun i spontaneously disintegrate because the sun is really hot. A+B equals A+B but C equals sucks. My fingers were once tiny spears because how else could humans hunt animals before? Am i writing nonsense and would rather drink energy drinks and playing overwatch? Yes.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

The correct answer is that a 50/50 mixture equals 1 Pound and the mixture is called (nano)-Lea.ther that are more effective than regular leather pants at demolishing the twin towers (that is your legs).

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
When i believe something that thing exists. How do i know that it is how it is? Because I Believed It To Work. I Belive You Are Dumb And Goddamn Crazy. wow you are dumb and crazy O_o

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I have hypnogogic hallucinations myself. I've been convinced there were bugs all over my floor, that there were people in my room (usually sleeping), snakes, rats, etc. I'm totally convinced they're real until I touch them at which point the whole illusion just melts apart. It's weird how convinced I am, even though part of me knows it's absurd.

Scares the hell out of my wife, but I'm used to it.

Have you touched your wife though?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
9/11 truthers i have talked with seem to have a sincere belief that the reason i dont believe bush/rich guys/illuminati did 9/11 theories is that i didnt get a vital piece of information
that you only find in spooky music youtube videos. If ONLY i KNEW (obscure irrelevant "evidence") then i would SEE the TRUTH.

I just havent seen enough youtube videos. See youtube videos. youtube videos? YOUTUBE! YOUTUBE VIDEOS YOUTUBE VIDEOS BOITUBE VEODEIS YTOUBE VODIES SAFDIYOISUOYUO YVBOYDVOYSOYSO.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
"The ENTIRE government planned and executed 9/11 with bombs and poo poo"

"Bush admin planned and executed 9/11"

"Bush admin and the intelligence community knew but didnt do anything so they could use 9/11"

"Bush used super secret double agent to make 9/11 happen so they could use 9/11"

Next thing is probably some outlandish thing like "the policies of bush senior and other presidents in the past ultimately caused 9/11 unintentionally but they benefit from 9/11 still".

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Of course it is a much more complex scenario. Instead of involving a group of motivated individuals carrying out an ideological attack, who were overlooked by the security apparatus due to its deficiencies, you now have this - A network of US government agents infiltrating the already existing group with a motivation (and not really contributing any causal factor that wasn't already present among the members, but that is without relevance at this point) to allow them to carry out this attack, which was then either overlooked by the security apparatus by accident (just because some people in the CIA were tasked with hiring Osama doesn't mean the rest of the intelligence community knew), or was swept under the carpet in a massive cover up that was liable to get blown by somebody (in the case more people than just the operatives were let in on the details, and the attacks were purposefully allowed to happen by the many security institutions that could have identified the threat).

In all scenarios this plan involves more steps, more people, more "dice rolls" going the right way - in short, the inclusion of US operatives creates new opportunities for the whole structure to collapse without improving upon our understanding of anything since the people who did the attack had their own reasons and resources to do so, and we know that for a fact, we had known that since at least the 1990s.

how about all that AND thermite scenario just so the gov can go "look a legitimate terror group did this" and use super secret double agents "testimony" of "their time as al qaida terrorist" oh man i gotta smoke some weed and take some speed cause i be woke as poo poo!

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
"Please excuse any egregious errors, as my computer sessions are still being monitored, tampered with and disrupted."

It is called autocorrect stupid

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
Let me get this straight

*proceeds to bend truth*

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i have symptoms of Pericoronitis and its the gay frogs fault.

• Locked thread