Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Popular Thug Drink posted:

My favorites are the people who think that by analyzing 480p Youtube footage, they can discern exactly how the building was destroyed. A collapsing building is a collapsing building, regardless of what made it collapse. They look the same. And all that 'falling at the speed of gravity' poo poo, I talked to a guy who claimed this and it turns out he actually did not know simple physics. F=m*a completely wrecked his argument. Didn't shut him up though.

Arrrrggg, this reminded me of college (I'm English so age 16-18) some truther DVD was posted through everyone's letterbox, so quite an operation for a conspiracy in the USA and it was quite frightening the way that everyone believed it. At an age where you really should be exercising some sort of critical thinking, all but one of a group of reasonably educated nearly-adults swallowed it without question and wouldn't accept any other explanation. I think the biggest arguments involved the size of the hole in the Pentagon, the infamous 'untouched' lawn, 'CIA Agents' removing black boxes (because the government would pull off this huge conspiracy but leave the data recorders with all the evidence on them in the wreckage and hope they find them first :downs:) and the fact that the Pentagon impact CCTV wasn't in 60FPS HDTV.

Anyway, one argument from my friend was that the towers fell 'faster than the speed of gravity' :psyduck: Even without getting into the horribly garbled terminology, even my AS-Level Physics education told me it was total bollecks. If the towers fell faster then 9.8m/s^2, there are bigger problems then terrorists and conspiracies. I explained this, he didn't seem to understand and carried on spouting it.

I only convinced one of the group that it was rubbish before the hot topic moved onto PS2 vs Xbox or something. We're 25/26 now so I really must ask if they still believe it next time I see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread