Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

theworstname posted:

Conspiracy theories regarding stuff like 9/11 fit into a narrative in which America is an evil, money-grubbing bully. Controversies like the recent Snowden scandal adds strength to that assertion.

The actual events support that narrative as well though. So we were attacked by a bunch of Saudi nationals funded by a dude in Afganistan... so let's attack Iraq for reasons! I'm not sure why people feel the need to invent bizarre theories when the actual truths are bizarre.

It's like the vaccine guys complaining about how vaccines are some conspiracy by big pharma to do, something something, ignoring the actual evidence of Big Pharma essentially bribing doctors with kickback/reward schemes to over prescribe other forms of medicine because they make more money.

I just don't get it - there is bad stuff happening right under people's nose, but they invent this entire other set of bad stuff instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread