Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I read once that people latch on to conspiracy theories like NWO KILLED JFK :byodood: and HOLOGRAPHIC PLANES ON 9/11 :byodame: because the alternatives-that some nut with a rifle can kill the President or that a bunch of guys with box cutters can destroy the WTC and kill thousands of people-are really inducive to paranoia. I think that accurately explains the appeal of 9/11 and other conspiracy theories.

(Also, no Chile 1973 memorial thread? Shame on you, D&D. :colbert:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

From (of all places) the picture thread over in Entertainment Weakley

That's right, even world famous rock starts are part of the lizardman conspiracy.

I'm more concerned with Nelson Mandela being Jimi Hendrix's father. :psyboom:

They don't even look alike. This is Mandela in 1944 at age 26:

This is Hendrix in 1967 at age 25:

I think the only similarity is that they're both black.

Gen. Ripper fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 27, 2013

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I like to call that Ron Pauling; saying something completely reasonable to draw you in, then hitting you with a wall of crazy once you're hooked.

Since when has Ron Paul said anything reasonable?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

ohgodwhat posted:

So, uh, what's your pet theory that explains all of the holes in their bodies and involves more than one bullet?

Magic Illuminati Zionist powers :tinfoil:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

This has been explained time and time again, goddamn. Kennedy and Connally were sitting at different height levels and that is where the "magic bullet" dipshittery comes from, idiots (you) assuming they were at equal height.

Also,

quote:

Only 30% of Americans think that Oswald did it alone.
Even if this was true, popular will is not truth.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kerry?! Welp guys, case closed, one D&D poster says another guy says LHO "didn't act alone" (whatever the gently caress that means) and as we all know, Senators are never wrong, so clearly the lizardmen Illuminati killed JFK.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Morphix posted:

Why would they have needed to produce a report that wasn't riddled with errors? When you have people on here still using the same riddled report to base their case on.
The lizardmen Illuminati can kill the President of the United States but can't produce a good report.

Even though they literally control everything and can destroy anything which could expose the truth.

quote:

This seems more like a case of let's believe what's spoon fed to us without questioning any of it, because once you start questioning it, you might not be too happy with the power structure of these United States. Gotta keep the myth alive, people aren't ready for the truth, etc etc.

Your Atlas Shrugged copy is calling, it's worried that you're missing the daily jacking off over it.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I do think some that seem kind of safe now could become dangerous in the future. I mean, some Raw Milk people are getting scary, and I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a wave of eco terrorism aimed at GMO plants.

What the fu-:psypop:

How is there a conspiracy about raw milk, of all things? And what the hell does it entail?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Amused to Death posted:

So why again is the "government found guilty of killing MLK" thing stupid.

It was a civil lawsuit (IIRC) which basically means dick-all.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

The pink triangle thing is such insanity because it was a symbol of gays murdered in Nazi concentration camps.

You'd think if the diabolical NWO was going to start throwing them around it would be a prelude to mass murder of gays if anything.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

The hilarious part is the 6PM EST thing, because West Coast is 3 hours behind East Coast, giving us 333 instead of 666. So us commie liberal homos are in fact perfectly safe from the Illuminati-Satan brainwashing waves. :ca:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

made of bees posted:

Aren't the other three also Jewish? I'd think that would rank higher on the Secret World Government hierarchy than Catholics.

Depending on Chick's twisted views it could be that he doesn't actually have a problem with Jews because they are God's chosen people or something.

Of course, I have no idea what he actually thinks of Jews :shrug:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

What does HAARP do anyways?

(Anyone who answers "Summons natural disasters on behalf of the Zionist Illuminati" will have a muffin thrown at them. And it will be pointy.)

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Zachack posted:

I get the florida/fluoridation sound-alike but how does Kissenger fit in?

Jews

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Wow, two whole cases, it's an outbreak, we're doomed!

Sometimes people can be so damned stupid

Heh. Why waste your time on Infowars when you can get that exact same PoV from D&D's very own ebola thread, complete with 500% less 9/11 Trutherism!

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

SedanChair posted:

He probably believes that the earth is solid :smugdog:

And round :smugdog: :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

What's this factoid I see truthers bringing up sometimes about the 9/11 hijackers being terrible pilots? It's really tempting to just write it off with a "Well, the planes were supposed to crash :v:"-type statement, but my mind is telling me to go deeper.

• Locked thread