Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bedshaped posted:

"The core columns were made of tempered steel, who's melting point is higher than the temperature that jet fuel burns at."
Sure is. So what?

Go take a blowtorch and hold it up to some metal and watch what happens. You don't need to hit the melting point for it to start sagging, and when you're dealing with a building that weighs... uh, a quick Google says 200,000 tons of steel alone were used in constructing the WTC... well, I'm sure you get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Seems logical to me. Supertramp ought to do a song about it, a logical song.
They tried to tell us. It was the crime of the century!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Isn't there a larger version of this explaining how the orange juice represents a fireball and her nametag is relevant somehow too?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

McDowell posted:

but I poop from there!
Not right now you don't.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is colloidal silver also poisonous to cats?

I know that's a weird question, but I was looking at pictures of adorable kittens and they give you a care package with each newly purchased kitten that includes a jar of colloidal silver. And I think I already know the answer :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

moebius2778 posted:

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. I can try to explain, but bear in mind, I'm going off of a vaguely remembered explanation from an Econ class several decades again, and some brief article reading via Google.
Assuming we give him the full blame, Soros would have made the British government two point four billion Euros if they had enough dollars in reserve to ride it out.

Can we blame him for a failure of fractional reserve? He made a decision based on the fundamentals and stuck to it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

twistedmentat posted:

That is a deliberate choice, and yes I know is Molon Labe, but it basically looks like Motion Lube. Molson Lube would also work, but only to Canadians.
I prefer Moron Label.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

boner confessor posted:

it's also super easy to make history if you're not well behaved. what are jeff dahmer's non-murdery accomplishments?
Inspired a really good graphic novel by Derf.

...about how he went to high school with a future serial killer

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OwlFancier posted:

Unless not being seen by US mariners actually confers immortality which this being the conspiracy thread may be where the dude in question is going.
It's actually not being in the same room as a gold-fringed flag :tinfoil:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ashcans posted:

for example, the orbit tries to explain why the north pole sees very long days, but doesn't appear to cover this situation for the south pole. I guess because the south pole is faked and people in Antartica are frauds?
I would have expected the other way around if anything - there are people living in Antarctica full time but the North Pole is deserted (except for Santa who ain't talking)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skellybones posted:

What do you mean Nazi science was poor, the 'See what happens when you sew twins together', 'All celestial bodies are made of ice' and 'Let's look for Santa Claus and recruit him' projects were extremely well considered at the time.
you forgot "can we change peoples' eye color to blue permanently and also does that make them real Aryans" :(

• Locked thread