Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

For a lot of people it stems from a burning desire to justify perceived exceptionalism. That's why they frequently are libertarians, ("I shall rule this land from my fortress") Randians ("I'm just better than everyone else"), and frequent MLM schemes and internet frippery so they can claim to "own a business." If they have some kind of inside knowledge nobody else has then they are special and it starts pinging whatever short circuit in their brain that spits out dopamine when they get a reason to feel special.

It can explain the tie-ins with MRA's and PUA-ism and general wardrobe shitheelery like fedoras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread