Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

serewit posted:

Conspiracy theorists and Alex Jones types make me really sad because I'm marginally ethical enough to not start peddling their shill and making (presumably?) fat stacks off of it.

I hadn't really kept up with the 9/11 truthers, so some of these stories about what they believe are fascinating.

Dunno, most of the hardcore conspiracy people aren't exactly what you'd call wealthy, and I expect it'll be pretty hard to keep up with the big dogs like Alex Jones who already has a rep and who lives this 24/7. It's going to be hard to compete with either experienced, hardened con-men or else crazy people who compulsively spend enormous amounts of time on stupid garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Obdicut posted:

See, that site has some pretty immeidate problems.

There's a topic headline in there that says:

August 16, 2001: Moussaoui’s Belongings Possess Information Sufficient to Roll Up 9/11 Plot

But if you read the actual information, it keeps saying 'potentially' or 'may have'.

But moreover: Nothing in that at all points to 9/11 being an 'inside job'. I'm not sure why you think it does. Can you explain? There's no actual theory developed there.

Yeah all I see is a bunch of bumbling and gently caress-ups, which looks a lot more like regular incompetence instead of some sort of grand overarching conspiracy. Unless well-connected people failing up is a conspiracy, which I guess you could sort of say is (but really it isn't).

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Panda Bear posted:

I'll rephrase/reiterate what I prefaced that link with: that they're inconsistencies within and obfuscations surrounding the intelligence, and in my opinion, ground for suspicion of governments conspiring to let these attacks happen/let the people responsible off the hook. I don't know why you'd require an entire theory before considering that these notions are plausible/more interesting than another Alex Jones link or less boring than another post about the physics of the towers falling down.

Uh probably because there's zero evidence for thinking there's some grand conspiracy when regular incompetence and rear end-covering explains everything just fine. Being interesting has nothing to do with (and is usually inversely correlated with) being plausible. Real life is usually a pretty distinctive combination of boring and lovely.

• Locked thread