Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
win butler drinks from tiki mug bought at disney world "my god, the handiwork on this cup! those islander cultures certainly know how to make a mean device-to-hold-beverages-with"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Solidus posted:

fail butler

it's u

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
reflektor syncs up perfectly w/ the serpent and the rainbow.

weezerman river's cuomo's japanese album syncs up with black rain

k records gf.
Jun 14, 2012

thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
._.
the freddy vs jason songs from the motion picture album doesn't sync up perfectly with the film but features a lot of similar themes, like the ill niño's song is called "how can i live" and the film's protagonists will and lori are trying to figure out how they can live, and survive the clash between cinema's two most twisted killers

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
deep black eh, no octoroons for will butler

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

so that reflektor logo is like the world's saddest little vévé

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

so are all the tracks on the album going to be named after fictional Native Instruments plugins?

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

it was meant to come off, but it didn't, when you try doing something on the kind of scale we're talking about here, maybe then you'll have something to say. regards, win

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

lmao

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Ian says no veve.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

voodoo? who do?

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
this album is a challenge to karmin: can you whiten this up any more?

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

k records gf. posted:

win butler appears onstage in blackface dressed as baron samedi - "our next record will be a concept album about breast ironing"

gently caress i was JUST about to make a baron samedi joke

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaM6lTmhnak

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Meursault Horny posted:

That's some Win.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I open up my wallet....and its full of fail

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

code:
            spiritual     bl ack
v o o d o o               bl ack
v o o d o o        spirits

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

swamp waste posted:

code:
            spiritual     bl ack
v o o d o o               bl ack
v o o d o o        spirits

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
rhy thrns

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

so are all the tracks on the album going to be named after fictional Native Instruments plugins?

waaaaaaaaaahh

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

het posted:

rhy thrns

this week on Kerning With Het

Platitude
Aug 23, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

the accordion player sick with anxiety.

lol

Sonuvagroin
Sep 12, 2013

by angerbot

Skylark posted:

win butler made his own version of oblique strategies where every card says "Do what a black guy would do". black people's connection to music, and to the natural world is very pure and meaningful. i feel like one failing of us white people is we get caught up in all these complicated ideas that weigh down the white mind, that sometimes we can't even just feel the beat and really make the rhythm that's natural

the white man has to think about philosophy, but the black man knows all the poo poo in his soul already

Sonuvagroin
Sep 12, 2013

by angerbot
to put it another way: white people have these lofty abstract concerns, like the economy and God, where black people are more down to earth, and in touch with their animal side, which is why they make such good music without even trying

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Sonuvagroin posted:

to put it another way: white people have these lofty abstract concerns, like the economy and God, where black people are more down to earth, and in touch with their animal side, which is why they make such good music without even trying

yeah i guess you got the joke buddy, good for you!

Sonuvagroin
Sep 12, 2013

by angerbot

Past Tense Ragu posted:

that's not a joke

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Past Tense Ragu posted:

looool good first phiz post

animal drums
Jul 8, 2010

ManoliIsFat posted:

looool good first phiz post

Thats hater baby, hes an extremely potent hater.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
the prodigal sonuvagroin returns to claim the place of his father, the Hater Parrot Man

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

animal drums posted:

a hater beyond all haters we've seen before... the ur-hater

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2013/09/new-arcade-fire-terrible.html

Carles posted:

The Arcade Fire is easily the most annoying band in the world. I'm not sure why people are trying to make it seem like their new song "Reflektor" is anything more than another crappy, 4-minutes-too-long LCD Soundsystem song. Whenever the Arcade Fire releases music, they make it seem like they've taking a golden poo poo that we should all take a bite of.

(not sure about the lcd comparison but it's great for the joke. it really is some horrendous "dance music", like that Pheonix band)

quote:

It just feels like after the release of Modern Vampires of the City, Vampire Weekend has finally 'won' the indie era, and they will be the chill bros that every one is okay with going forward. AF should have just accepted themselves as being the 'old mother fuckers' that appeal to Springsteen/Coldplay fans that they have ultimately always been.

quote:

What about the red head dude in ur band? Is he not good enough?

Remember when he used to bang on poo poo emotionally?
carles just totally kills it with this one

animal drums posted:

oh i get it now

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 17, 2013

Sonuvagroin
Sep 12, 2013

by angerbot
indie

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

He's a hater, whose a baby.

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

this is funny

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, james murphy's beard extends to his chest. that's gross.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ManoliIsFat posted:

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2013/09/new-arcade-fire-terrible.html

(not sure about the lcd comparison but it's great for the joke. it really is some horrendous "dance music", like that Pheonix band)

carles just totally kills it with this one

oh i get it now

gotta hand it to vampy weekend on winning the indie era. they make boring music, but they do it on their own terms.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

i feel like vamp wknd just wanted it more, so they won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i think we're getting to the point where entire vampire weeks, even months may be possible

• Locked thread