Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

no fuckign way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the white mans burden is knowing too much about the beatles to be good at the drums

Pussy v. Sperguson
Apr 28, 2003

turns out it was just a rock lobster

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Arcade Fire wanted a '[percussion section] that conjured up thoughts of unspeakable Congo secrets and tom-tom poundings under an eerie moon' according to new interview with their lead vocalist, Win Butler

A SHAMEFUL CAT
Jan 20, 2009

~*confused dog noize*~
g. love & unspeakable congo secret

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

A SHAMEFUL CAT posted:

g. love & unspeakable congo secret

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Butt-Head: This is that Björk chick.
Beavis: I heard she has a, you know, like a schlong.
Butt-Head: Where did you here that?
Beavis: This one guy told me.
Butt-Head: What guy?
Beavis: This guy in a bathroom.
Butt-Head: You mean in the bathroom at school?
Beavis: No, the bathroom right here.
Beavis: Right here in this house.
Butt-Head: What are you talking about, Beavis?
Beavis: There's this dude that is in there sometimes. I'm serious. He's probably still there. He was there in this morning.
Butt-Head: drat it Beavis. There is no one in there.
Beavis: Yes there are. Go check it out.
Butt-Head: Beavis, you're a bunghole.
Butt-Head: Beavis, wash the toilet next time.
Butt-Head: There wasn't anybody in there.
Beavis: Usually he's in the mirror.
Butt-Head: Does he look like a buttmunch?
Beavis: Yeah.
Butt-Head: Does he have like blond hair?
Beavis: Yeah. That's him. Yeah.
Butt-Head: Does he kinda talk like this? "Oh yeah, heh heh."
Beavis: Yeah, Yeah. Kinda like that. "Björk has a dong".
Butt-Head: Dumbass.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

no they will not posted:

edit: it was just a reflektor

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

he had a wa-po op ed where he said food trucks were killing independent music

lmao

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
WIN BUTLER SAY
PLEASE RELAX
SUPER NOT MANDATORY

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

he had a wa-po op ed where he said food trucks were killing independent music

good poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

food trucks piss me off.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh hey i can has sandwich only it has a cutesy name for the hamburger like DA TWERKIN COW and it costs 14 dollars. wtf. jesus christ. what is this.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to make an okonomiyaki food truck and make a killing because every okonomiyaki i've had in the usa has been pure garbage like these idiots can't make hondashi from powder and grate up the disgusting nagaimo crap, then make a pancake. holy poo poo. fuckers.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

this except because i like it and think it's cool

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Davelord Cheeto posted:

i'm going to make an okonomiyaki food truck and make a killing because every okonomiyaki i've had in the usa has been pure garbage like these idiots can't make hondashi from powder and grate up the disgusting nagaimo crap, then make a pancake. holy poo poo. fuckers.
seriously

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

this except because i like it and think it's cool

why do you think i quoted it in the first place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQqR8x8dR4

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Davelord Cheeto posted:

really good idea

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Davelord Cheeto posted:

oh hey i can has sandwich only it has a cutesy name for the hamburger like DA TWERKIN COW and it costs 14 dollars. wtf. jesus christ. what is this.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder what a DA TWERKIN COW tastes like

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

seared udder with gruyere and basil, on ciabatta that's been fried in almond extract

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

has anyone mentioned how arcade fire has a dress code for their shows?

gonna go to the acc in a suit and purchase 12 dollar domestic beer under a banner of phil kessel. classy

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

I can't wait until I get the chance to spin the LP on my main stereo.

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool

Skylark posted:

win butler made his own version of oblique strategies where every card says "Do what a black guy would do". black people's connection to music, and to the natural world is very pure and meaningful. i feel like one failing of us white people is we get caught up in all these complicated ideas that weigh down the white mind, that sometimes we can't even just feel the beat and really make the rhythm that's natural

Platitude
Aug 23, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

unspeakable Congo secrets and tom-tom poundings under an eerie moon

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
http://www.stereogum.com/1628742/ar...heres-the-beef/

quote:

“Yeah, I read [that Washington Post review by the Q and not U guy],” Butler says, frowning. “I don’t want to say it was racist – but it was mildly uneducated.” He was particularly annoyed by the three jokes about the band’s new bongos, pointing out (rightly) that a professional music critic should know they were congas. He also says, not unfairly, that there may be some sour grapes: “The guy who wrote it played in a band that we used to open for. It seems like a bit of a conflict of interest.”

But when I jokingly ask if he wants to confirm or deny that he’s a gigantic dork, Butler rolls his eyes. “Whatever,” he says, his voice dripping sarcasm. “I’m a super-dork because I play with David Bowie. Bruce Springsteen wants to cover my songs because I’m such a dork. I’m not a dork,” he says earnestly. “I’m a loving rock star.”

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

"Whatever,” he says, his voice dripping sarcasm. “I’m a super-dork because I play with David Bowie. Bruce Springsteen wants to cover my songs because I’m such a dork."

this is not real

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

"Yeah, I'm gay alright, just a big gay," he said immensely sardonically. "I took the third hottest girl in school to prom as friends and got a half an HJ from Marla whitton, because of how much a raging homo i am."

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Iraff posted:

half an HJ
lmao

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
im fuckin dying

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Iraff posted:

this is not real

It's actually real poo poo and super cool. It's loving cool as heck. Win Butler is a rockstar and the Q and Not U guy is a huge dweeb idiot who's never done anything cool and is just jealous that the Arcade Fire are successful and friends with Bruce Springsteen

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

But when I ask if he wants to confirm or deny that he’s a gigantic dork, Butler rolls his eyes. “Whatever,” he says. “I’m a super-dork. I’m such a dork. "

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
anyone should be able to differentiate between congas and bongos when theyre listening to my records sneering in digust

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

That's so good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

so butler never grew out of being bullied in high school or what

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
*reads + responds to every negative review of his album* im a loving rock star

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

Oh so im really happy, thats what youre saying? Im a big bundle of sticks am I?? well if your referring to the earthen africana grooves and rhythms on my really good album, then sure, i guess im just one big bundle of sticks

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
He was particularly annoyed by the three jokes about the band's new "bongos", pointing out (rightly) that a professional music critic should know they were dark afrika voodoo drums, charged with primal jungle energy. "I don't want to say it was racist - but it was mildly uneducated."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

where were you when win discovered black people

• Locked thread