Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
CSA; game tonight at 23:00 CET/5PM ET?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have a lab that runs until 5 EST and I think Im scheduled for lab cleanup today too, so I wont be home until closer to 6pm. If thats no problem Ill just hop on when I get home.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

I have a lab that runs until 5 EST and I think Im scheduled for lab cleanup today too, so I wont be home until closer to 6pm. If thats no problem Ill just hop on when I get home.
Yeah I'm probably playing until 7-8 EST, got a sick kid at home so I can't work tomorrow anyway.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM
I'll hop on and send an invite. I may / may not have a headset depending on whether I can actually find it.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, we got a couple of games going and only ended up a few points from the division title. Playoffs have started now so I hope I'll see you guys tomorrow too so we can try to win four in a row!

Also, Xtanstic, D was a really good position for you. Despite playing your first EASHL games ever you're already a lot better than a big majority of the pubbies I've seen in drop-in games.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I was on D, he was our playmaker. :mad:

That was a lot of fun once we figured out a game plan (crush tiny mans).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

My guy is too slow and lovely to crush tiny mans I am so sad :(. Also what Furnace said. I was playing winger.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Haha probably shouldn't have written that at 4am. Still, I say we did fine considering our competition was quite a bit experienced than us, we just need to get that zone entry fixed and I need to pick up my backchecking.

The fact that we won the last game by the worst save attempt ever and the GWG being a tapout is not relevant.

We also should continue picking out the smallest non-AI opponent and focus on him more than neccessary, I actually got a hate message from it yesterday. :D

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 20, 2013

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Tried playing with you last night Rutkowski but I didn't get your reply until an hour later, I HATE the EA system. Just have a button that says invite friends. Oh well, I should be on so shoot me an invite and I can play some games, my RW and LW leveled up so I should be over 70 now.

Also post the hate message, we kind of dominated the first game you and I played together.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Tried playing with you last night Rutkowski but I didn't get your reply until an hour later, I HATE the EA system. Just have a button that says invite friends. Oh well, I should be on so shoot me an invite and I can play some games, my RW and LW leveled up so I should be over 70 now.

Also post the hate message, we kind of dominated the first game you and I played together.
Ah. Well, I'm ready to play from 4PM ET so if you roll LW, Xtanstic roll RW, Furnaceface roll any D and I roll C(or GK) and Cigarmoustache doesn't get stuck watching lovely NFL we should have a pretty decent grinding crew going.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 20, 2013

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Rutkowski, maybe put together something like what Rockatansky did in the 3rd post or whatever and PM it to him so he can stick it in that post? He also needs to update the OP I guess but that's less important if the new team info is in an early post anyway.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

There is a roster lineup in one of my posts on the first page that I'm updating daily if there are any changes.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Here is the club page:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/NHL14PS3/11861/overview

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

on now and looking to play gonna play GTA5 while I wait, PSN is Jarmak, hit me up when some games are on

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm hoping to get home from work by 6 EST. I have something at 4 that should last 1-1.5 hours. I started grinding LTL last night for some unlocks, but my game froze. I hope it autosaved :(

e: Also, is it impossible to change the camera angle in EASHL mode? It's really hard to stay onside when the zone entry is on the other side of the rink. Also, is there a specific button combo to do a lob/dump in/clear? I just keep flicking the right stick up or doing the wrist shot motion and half the time it's a SOG, which I don't want, since I want to send it in the corner.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 20, 2013

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

I'm hoping to get home from work by 6 EST. I have something at 4 that should last 1-1.5 hours. I started grinding LTL last night for some unlocks, but my game froze. I hope it autosaved :(

e: Also, is it impossible to change the camera angle in EASHL mode? It's really hard to stay onside when the zone entry is on the other side of the rink. Also, is there a specific button combo to do a lob/dump in/clear? I just keep flicking the right stick up or doing the wrist shot motion and half the time it's a SOG, which I don't want, since I want to send it in the corner.
You can change the camera options in the customize and then video settings. Also, to do a slapshot pull the stick back before forward and it should be a slap shot. To make it a dump-in do the same outside the offensive zone. To do a slapshot onetimer just hold the stick forward before the puck arrives to you(but is on it's way) and then he'll try to one-time it automatically(based on the hand-eye coordination). Also, turn off auto-aim so you use your directional stick to aim your shots which makes it a bit easier to do dump-ins inzone.

EDIT: Heading ingame to play some drop-ins as practice since I'm not playing goal in the playoffs unless the entire team is on at the same time.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 20, 2013

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
ill hop on in a sec.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

on playing drop ins, see two others

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Trying to gather the team.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
im one of em. i can play one now or I'll be back after like 7:15 est

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
We got five people in the game now we just need a sixth if anyone is reading this and jumps in.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Still stuck at work :(

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Rutkowski posted:

You can change the camera options in the customize and then video settings. Also, to do a slapshot pull the stick back before forward and it should be a slap shot. To make it a dump-in do the same outside the offensive zone. To do a slapshot onetimer just hold the stick forward before the puck arrives to you(but is on it's way) and then he'll try to one-time it automatically(based on the hand-eye coordination). Also, turn off auto-aim so you use your directional stick to aim your shots which makes it a bit easier to do dump-ins inzone.

EDIT: Heading ingame to play some drop-ins as practice since I'm not playing goal in the playoffs unless the entire team is on at the same time.

That's not quite correct. To do a slapshot dump in (around the boards) hold R1 and do a slap shot, whether in the zone or not. To lob it in (which is more effective this year cause of the way the puck bounces) hold R1 and wrist shot (make sure you aim!). Wrist shot is quarter circle up, left or right depending on your handedness. You can do it with your backhand too. Finally, to just flick it around the boards hold R1 and flick up on the right stick. I usually get in the zone and stop for a bit, then flick it around the boards if i have trouble skating it in. This draws the forwards to you, and slows the d down, while your other winger should be skating towards the boards.

When you do one-timers make sure you hold L2 to orient yourself towards the puck. You can hold L2 and up on the right stick even before the pass is made - however, be careful that you release the left stick while doing so, otherwise you'll be skating backwards. Hope that helps!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fun games tonight despite getting blown up every single time. It'll be nice when my guy is finally over 60 overall.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

drat I think we played a bit too long yesterday because I've slept four hours tonight and I'm tired as hell.

At least I know I'm not going to feel as bad as a certain drunk goaltender though. ;)

EDIT: Just played a game with my brother who ragequit after 4-1 in the early third, accusing me of using glitch goals.

I haven't learned any of the certain glitchgoals in 14 yet. ;_; And he is a dude that use the "pass into goalkeeper" move anyway.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 21, 2013

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Rutkowski posted:

drat I think we played a bit too long yesterday because I've slept four hours tonight and I'm tired as hell.

At least I know I'm not going to feel as bad as a certain drunk goaltender though. ;)

EDIT: Just played a game with my brother who ragequit after 4-1 in the early third, accusing me of using glitch goals.

I haven't learned any of the certain glitchgoals in 14 yet. ;_; And he is a dude that use the "pass into goalkeeper" move anyway.

Totally got stuck in bed rewatching archer until my body decided vertical was an authorized position.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
Thread explosion! (That's good!)

I'll update the OP when I get in front of a real computer.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Skizzzer posted:

Dump-in stuff

Well gently caress me, how did I never know about two of those? I feel like an idiot.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Seniors, game in 20 minutes?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

i'm on now

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'll be on in at most an hour, but hopefully more like 30 mins. I just need to grab a quick lunch and do a bit of housecleaning.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
gimme like 10-15/.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'm hoping to be able to join up with you guys soon. Just don't have my headset right now (packed away as I'm moving houses soon). Do I need to do anything special to join up with the group? My PNS id is Kragger99 as well.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Add me as a friend(forutkowski) and I'll invite you.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Playing goaltender for the CSA:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmYnUa4e7aE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQmYnUa4e7aE

(I'm bad)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, apparently our recipe of success is the following:

Put an enforcer on the right wing and watch him rack up goals and penalty minutes
Put a new dude in goal and have one AI defender and another fresh dude as his other D
Put our only offensive dude on the left wing and have him pull all the opposing players after him while also providing a lot of assists
Put an AI on the center position and watch him rack up goals, assists and hits and setting up sick plays

We're now in the second round of the playoffs after breaking out of a twelve game losing streak where we tried to play sensibly.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 22, 2013

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rutkowski posted:

Alright, apparently our recipe of success is the following:

Put an enforcer on the right wing and watch him rack up goals and penalty minutes
Put a new dude in goal and have one AI defender and another fresh dude as his other D
Put our only offensive dude on the left wing and have him pull all the opposing players after him while also providing a lot of assists
Put an AI on the center position and watch him rack up goals, assists and hits and setting up sick plays

We're now in the second round of the playoffs after breaking out of a twelve game losing streak where we tried to play sensibly.

Don't forget that our star AI center actually wins faceoffs now which half the time means that I have no idea what to do with the puck and end up taking it way too deep as a defensive D-man.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Don't forget that our star AI center actually wins faceoffs now which half the time means that I have no idea what to do with the puck and end up taking it way too deep as a defensive D-man.

One timer.

Doesn't matter what zone you are in, no excuses.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Time for the playoffs, seniors! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

If you round up some people, you may be able to drag me away from football.

• Locked thread