Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

LegioPraetoria posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what that is. Nobody click on it, maybe it will just go away.

edit: for real, they have a 70-45 record? So does that mean that at a certain point they stop hitting and try to score? Where do you think that point is, 150 hits? 200?

If you look at their career hits, it's pretty evident they were having a gimmick game or two.

What's strangely odd though, is if you coordinated a little bit better, and were good at killing off the power play, you could win a game playing like they did. Every single one of us was injured by the end of the game, most of us with multiple injuries. I know my Defensman was useless after his second injury (of four), if I didn't give them a 15 foot cushion, they would skate right past me. By the end of the game, all I was good for was shooting the puck on the point and passing, I was far too slow to make hits or get in position to block shots / disrupt passes.

I'm also sure that this game also confirmed that aggression does not lead to "intimidation", or at least that "intimidation" does jack poo poo. Each one of us was murdered a bare minimum of 20 times by the second period (on top of being injured, some of use more than once), and we still make crisp passes, shot well, and didn't seem to lose any of the close battles.

5 more wins till legend 1, I will probably grind them out Sunday if any other killdozers are on and want to get together for some games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
I'll probably be around Sunday for most of the day on my be a pro, if people are around ill play some games

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
While not exactly hockey, the Killdozers were hard at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlquxrhJzk

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

The Roadwarrior posted:

While not exactly hockey, the Killdozers were hard at work.

Man I sound drunk as gently caress.
That's because I was.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Anyone recognize PSN tag dakahepe? He applied to the CSA.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Rutkowski posted:

Anyone recognize PSN tag dakahepe? He applied to the CSA.

No idea who that is.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Killdozers,

I will be on tonight after work for some hockey action, be there....or don't be.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
My girlfriend is out from 530 to about 7,and the leafs don't play until 9. There is literally nothing I'd rather do than killdoze.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Scylla posted:

No idea who that is.
Yeah I denied him, didn't follow the application protocol anyway. >=(

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

LegioPraetoria posted:

My girlfriend is out from 530 to about 7,and the leafs don't play until 9. There is literally nothing I'd rather do than killdoze.

That sounds a lot like a new style of play...Red Dog Rampage style of play.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah I denied him, didn't follow the application protocol anyway. >=(

We really need to play some games, its been a week or two since the last one Apples and I played.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Flaggy posted:

We really need to play some games, its been a week or two since the last one Apples and I played.
Yeah sounds good. I've been playing some HUT today(still undefeated!) and would be up for something else later on.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah sounds good. I've been playing some HUT today(still undefeated!) and would be up for something else later on.

I might not have a whole lot of time tonight, but tomorrow night I should be on all night. I will try to jump on tonight. (I have GTA 5 now if you haven't noticed :ohdear:)

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

I should be free from 6 until around 6 so Id be in for some games

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

I think what's more impressive, is over the 4 playoffs games, we only let in 3 goals. All 3 of those goals being ones we would agree are completely random buggy goals that no one was to blame for.

All very close games, was quite the intense playoff run.

And for those who were asking after the game, the next club game played (by anyone) will show the playoff banner celebration - just be sure to have everyone on the team not press any buttons, or it will skip the cinematic.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Pro Champs! Too bad Legio couldn't get in on the action

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Wins are wins. If it's necessary to bench me to get a cup I'll pull the trigger on the staplegun myself.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

LegioPraetoria posted:

Wins are wins. If it's necessary to bench me to get a cup I'll pull the trigger on the staplegun myself.

We were in a groove. We'll win one together in a couple of weeks.

PS. Top gun/got life etc.

E: My dangerzone video from last year got pulled from YouTube :(

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

The Roadwarrior posted:

PS. Top gun/got life etc.

E: My dangerzone video from last year got pulled from YouTube :(

Sounds like you'll just have to make another one!

Highway to the... Brophecy Buttstuff zone?

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

The Rev posted:

I think what's more impressive, is over the 4 playoffs games, we only let in 3 goals. All 3 of those goals being ones we would agree are completely random buggy goals that no one was to blame for.

All very close games, was quite the intense playoff run.
Don't forget, 4 game-winners from 4 different players!
All one-goal games, too (3-2, 1-0, 1-0, 2-1).

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
:siren: The votes are in :siren:

October 31, 2013 10:07 PM - Sr_Smoove is an All-Star left wing in the EASHL!
October 31, 2013 10:07 PM - Gotlife22 is an All-Star defenseman in the EASHL!
October 31, 2013 8:59 PM - Your club has won the Pro Cup Playoffs

Wait...What?

So that's two All-Star nods for me, as a Defenseman and Left wing, when the bulk of my games are as center. And I believe Smoove normally plays on the right wing, and for our playoff run he was the center...

Also, RIP Raw Dog Rampage, 6 of their members quit the team, including all (I think) the players we played our graveyard game against.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Sounds like a great night! I'll be around tonight and tomorrow grinding away towards legend 1. Also is the email list set to public? I did a search for it and couldn't find it. I'll send Dyne a message when I get home and see if he can add me.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
According to Dyne: Tordah, Rock, and Legio (and maybe one other?) can now invite to the list. Next time you see one of them on, try to get ahold of them with your email address and see if they can add you on.

I think we are missing is you, Jovial, and Smoove from the list as it now stands.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Can I propose slightly altered killdozers away uni's?

The helmet should be white, I don't know why it has that blue-ish hue.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Jovial Cow posted:

Can I propose slightly altered killdozers away uni's?

The helmet should be white, I don't know why it has that blue-ish hue.

Not bad, but would it be possible to have a side-by-side comparison? I'd like to clearly see the differences.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Scylla posted:

Not bad, but would it be possible to have a side-by-side comparison? I'd like to clearly see the differences.

I'm not a owner/gm/ whatever you need to be to get into the jersey editor so I can't do a side by side. But off the top of my head the collar went from blue to white. The shoulders went from black to blue. The logo went from blue to black to match the homes. The pants went from black to blue. I removed most of the grey piping, and the blue is slightly different. I think it's a little closer to the home blue. I think there might be some other changes as well.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 4, 2013

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Promoted to Division 2 - First team we face is ~900 ranks higher than us

Here was the game in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOo2FiO2JA

We shut them out 2-0

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Rev posted:

Promoted to Division 2 - First team we face is ~900 ranks higher than us

Here was the game in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOo2FiO2JA

We shut them out 2-0

Amazing.

So sad I couldn't make it. Tactical decision for domestic felicity. Tomorrow is a possible, though.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Was that one shorthanded as well? We were on fire with SH goals, I had one, and GotLife had at least 3

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

Currently playing 3s with Legio and Gotlife. Playoff window closes tonight. With a couple more we could repeat as champs.

Anyone?

E: have Tordah. Room for one more.

The Roadwarrior fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 11, 2013

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

The Roadwarrior posted:

Currently playing 3s with Legio and Gotlife. Playoff window closes tonight. With a couple more we could repeat as champs.

Anyone?

E: have Tordah. Room for one more.

I'll be on after the Rangers game.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone in babydozers going to be on tonight?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Anyone in babydozers going to be on tonight?
I can get on in an hour or so.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rutkowski posted:

I can get on in an hour or so.

I probably wont be on until 6 cst. Still at work.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

BIG HITTER NHL14 NBA NFL FIFA

E: We are playing if anyone wants in.

The Roadwarrior fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 11, 2013

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Excellent games tonight dozers, 8 wins, 1 loss: 5 Shutouts, +15 goal differential.

Tordah - I have broken another one of your records, Hits in a game (26 by you), new record is 40!

The game was a double OT...

By the way, we beat two teams ranked 168 and 130. (we are 772 as of this post)

The Rev fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 15, 2013

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

And I got the game winner by finally completing a breakway! It was a great night for internet hockey. I was thinking maybe we could arrange a scrimmage sometime with the CSA. Just a for fun game.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Dale Meets Wall posted:

And I got the game winner by finally completing a breakway! It was a great night for internet hockey. I was thinking maybe we could arrange a scrimmage sometime with the CSA. Just a for fun game.

A scrimmage would be fun, the hard part would be getting everyone on each team online at the same time as I understand there are some Euros on the other team, yes?

I still want to Raw Dog Rampage another team, perhaps we can do that in a lobby drop-in so that the club doesn't have to suffer. We probably won't win the game (what a shock!), but as long as you stay below 40 PIM and get 1 assist or something, your grades should be B's or higher.

Rock needs to be present for this to record the whole game and upload it, this would be close to the best thing ever. My personal goal will be to railroad the goalie hard enough to knock his mask off.

I'm laughing just thinking about this... I think I need to make a pure goon and do some drop-ins today after work if no club games or going, you know, for practice purposes.

Seriously...make this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah you're gonna annihilate the CSA even if we can put up a full team. We got attendance issues(which is very much my own responsibility and blame) and the highest division we've ever been in is in division 8 and we regularly get routed there, badly.

• Locked thread