Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Rev posted:

Also, Smoove, you really need a mic! I am willing to PayPal you one of my hard earned American dollars to reach your goal.

2014: "A Dollar For A Dream", The effort to help the mute find his voice.

I will kick in 5.

Seriously dog, it's killing us. Bluetooth intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Ive got some dumb condo party I agreed to go to but I'll be around by 8 or 9. I hope there's space :(

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Roadwarrior posted:

Do old people still have key parties? I'm imagining an awkward party.

I'm playing all night until I pass out. I brokered the deal last night.

I think my gf and I are the only people in the building below the age of 45.

Awkward is one word, yes. It's technically the super's retirement party I think. All's I'm saying is there better be some loving wine.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
I'd be very happy to bounce between teams on nights when Killdozers are super busy but I created the drat team so I don't think that's even possible.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Scylla posted:

Who's shmish0? I just saw in on the roster, and I don't remember ever seeing him before...

Don't worry about him; he's been my buddy since grade 6, I added him so I could introduce him to eashl/otp poo poo in the training arena. He hasn't played NHL games since like '99.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Rutkowski, maybe put together something like what Rockatansky did in the 3rd post or whatever and PM it to him so he can stick it in that post? He also needs to update the OP I guess but that's less important if the new team info is in an early post anyway.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Skizzzer posted:

Dump-in stuff

Well gently caress me, how did I never know about two of those? I feel like an idiot.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Actually it's right from vet to superstar, then legend. So you're even closer than you thought!

I played my first real, honest, not-letting-myself-bail-if-we-get-throttled OTP game as a goalie yesterday and put up an .893 or something with n overtime 4-3 victory. It was gratifying as hell to play behind a team of 65 OVRs against a team of 75 OVRs and not give up any lousy goals. Might just go ahead and buy the boost pack though because that seems unsustainable at 57 OVR and frankly my luck is not good enough to make up for the combination of my bad rating and bad skills for very long.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Hey rut, can we get a screenie of your guys' jerseys? I'm curious, I don't remember even seeing them last year.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Good games last night, Killdozers, especially after that first turd we put up.

There are a few basic things we do a lot, lot better in games that we win, and last night we did 'em in spades. 1) cycle cycle cycle as opposed to throwing the puck into the slot right away, 2) skate to open areas of the ice on the rush and in the zone, 3) don't go headhunting. Seriously I was especially impressed by that third point; I think that we were severely outhit in pretty much all the games we won, which probably has SOMETHING to do with the fact that I don't think we took more than 3 penalties (at least after the lovely game, which I have mostly tried to forget).

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Pretty wild how things turned around last night. Not that we played our BEST hockey every after those 4 drubbings, but it was certainly DECENT hockey. THose games we got pummeled were easily the worst I've ever been a part of in EASHL and we played like a bucket of pig puke.

So we have some takeaways, as we were discussing in-game:

- on breakouts and transitions to zone entries, forwards need to stop streaking to the blue line. Small skating adjustments. We're just a better team when we lower the tempo. The fastbreak pass has a place, but only against teams who are very dumb about not keeping defensemen backing up.

-this means forwards at different levels and in different lanes. KEEP SEPARATION. Always always be skating for an OPEN area of the ice, not just straight ahead.

-this goes double for puck carriers. There's just no excuse, ever, to be holding the puck and find yourself running into a D-man. If you're entering the zone and you're along the wall, either dump it in directly, cross-dump with the flip, or pinn the puck on the wall and pass it down the wall. Which you choose will depend how far away you have puck support. But again, this should rarely be an issue. It's always better to gain the zone while still in control of the puck, which means LESS BEELINING. I'm looking at you here Bob.

- on approaches to the net, don't just skate. change speeds. When you're playing D, you know how you'rte trying to kind of match speeds with the man you're on and slowly shutting him down from there? Think about how you as the puck carrier can gently caress with that. The answer is hesitation and speed changes.

-in the o-zone, we do great work when we get it into the corner and then make a quick pass around the net, or back up to the point. We're less successful when we pullup at the half boards and lob a desperation pass into the slot. Forwards in the zone, don't automatically skate at the net. Again, find open ice and keep moving, but not necessarily skating max speed. Open ice is where the puck will end up going, if the carrier is smart.

- Tordah, we're so loving sorry.

That's about it for now I think.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
I'm pretty sure I know what that is. Nobody click on it, maybe it will just go away.

edit: for real, they have a 70-45 record? So does that mean that at a certain point they stop hitting and try to score? Where do you think that point is, 150 hits? 200?

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
My girlfriend is out from 530 to about 7,and the leafs don't play until 9. There is literally nothing I'd rather do than killdoze.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Wins are wins. If it's necessary to bench me to get a cup I'll pull the trigger on the staplegun myself.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Rev posted:

Promoted to Division 2 - First team we face is ~900 ranks higher than us

Here was the game in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOo2FiO2JA

We shut them out 2-0

Amazing.

So sad I couldn't make it. Tactical decision for domestic felicity. Tomorrow is a possible, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Ridiculous. Best fun ever. In history. Would have loved to have saved, like, 15, 20 hits from that one.

• Locked thread