Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Tordah is currently in the PIM lead with 135, someone needs to give him competition!

At least I lead in blocked shots :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Also, Smoove, you really need a mic! I am willing to PayPal you one of my hard earned American dollars to reach your goal.

2014: "A Dollar For A Dream", The effort to help the mute find his voice.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Rutkowski posted:

I'm a university student with two kids and a side gig as high school substitute, I think you don't have to worry about spending time in the game. He way I see it the babydozers are for the goons who are not good enough to be in the popular kids club.

By good, do you mean sitting in the penalty box a lot? if so, yes, we are very, very good.

In all honesty, most of us played for a long time last year, and kept on playing this year. Since only 6 can play at a time, it really doesn't leave room for anyone who wants to play club, but isn't a "regular". This is kind of why you see the people who think babydozers is a bad name, it really isn't the Killdozers farm team, it's its own entity.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Don't forget that our star AI center actually wins faceoffs now which half the time means that I have no idea what to do with the puck and end up taking it way too deep as a defensive D-man.

One timer.

Doesn't matter what zone you are in, no excuses.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Some interesting games last night, except maybe for the very last one... I sure hope one of you saved some of our airborne hits, and hilarious goals, those were great. I need to play some more games, still only Veteran 2.

I'm not sure I will be on much, if at all tonight, we will see. Tomorrow I should be on later in the night if anyone is around then.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
I like how I am an "EASHL All-Star Left Wing", when I don't even play left wing.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Felt good to get some hockey in, even if we were rusty as hell. I would be up for more tonight. 9 more games played for Super Star 3. Also, Tordah's jail time in the box was the best part of the night...sorry, Tordah.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
So there was a title patch today, nothing amazing, unless you are Tordah / UtterlyWorthless:

"Added the ability to turn game misconducts off for EASHL/OTP via tuner update. Player will still earn the 5 min major and then come out of the box."

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Rutkowski posted:

As the current holder of the Game Misconduct record for the CSA(all of them), gently caress that patch.

Come back when you've got 75+ (although, this is over NHL13 through 14). My name literally was Game Misconduct.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
:siren: Attention Killdozers! :siren:

Rock has come back from the grave, for today only (I have no real idea).

Me, Tordah and Rock are currently on, who will join us?

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
That or we invest in jumping better, this guy has it all figured out from our last game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T634em2Wlf8

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
I will be online today in roughly an hour, 11pm EST.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Great games last night Dozers, many wins including a rage quit and a triple overtime that was 1 minute away from 4 OT. A few of us are now getting very close to our legend 1 cards, and one of us already has it.

Some observations while I am bored at work waiting for an attorney to call me!

Penalties: We are taking MUCH less, and in fact, drawing more. Bob especially, you had a whopping 0 PIM in that last game, which was 119 minutes of play. Yet you still led us all in hits, had a ton of shots on net, and played like a man possessed. Excellent job overall. Boardings and trips can be 100% avoided, interferences are chincy, they're going to happen regardless. Remember that if you want to shot block, use L1 only, and try not to do it if a forward is right next to you, or you will end up going to the box just like me. the L1+R1 move should be used in an emergency to break up a cross crease pass, it's not a very useful shot block, and causes a ton of tripping calls.

PK's: Be careful about trying to get too fancy, you will never be faulted for just rifling the puck out of the zone for a clear. Try not to pass across or up the ice when you've got more than one forward attacking you. Even if you've got the angle, all it takes a someone with high offenseive awareness, who will automatically become clairvoyant and shove his stick out at light speed to break up your pass. I don't believe they can do this if you just shoot the puck out.

PP's: Cycling the puck works well for us in last nights game, but remember the concept is to score a goal. We cycled the puck for well over 20 seconds a few times, just to lose possession without ever having taken a shot on net. Use your Defense for point shots and make sure someone is crashing the net for a tip or rebound. Also remember to take your time. when they are short a man, you can afford to hold onto the puck a bit longer to make that nicer pass, instead of trying to get rid of it instantly.

Shoot Vs. Pass: I am a big proponent of always putting it on the net. How many times have we scored on "throwaway" shots? Don't get me wrong passing is great, but unless you have the confidence that you can make that pass, just throw it on net and go for the rebound. Our forwards are quite good at chasing the puck down in the offensive zone, give them that opportunity.

Puck Moving: The one thing I noticed more than anything else is the abundance of avoidable offsides we had last night. We had too many people carry the puck to the blue line and proceed to get either murdered, or attempt a deke which caused our other players to go offsides. The murders were worse, as it opened up a good amount of 2 on 1's, or breakaways. This is easily remedied by either dumping the puck, or passing the puck to someone else once you notice the other team is gunning for you. Similarly, if you are playing as a defender, and intend to take the puck in yourself when other teammates are in line or ahead of you, you need to let us know since it is assumed that most defensmen will pass the puck forward.

Offense as a Defenseman: In the offensive zone, the defenders must NEVER pinch unless another player has you covered, or it is the end of the 3rd and we are down in the score. There should never be a reason for a breakaway, 2v1 or 3v1 when we are at even strength. Remember that it's the forwards' job to forecheck. As defense you need to constantly be giving a cushion so you don't get burned and stay at or close to the blue line. If you're not pinching, you should never go further in than to the top of the faceoff circle. It's far more important to cover the cherrypicker/breakout, then it is to raise your shots on goal stat.

Defense: Don't go for the hit in our defensive zone (as a defender) unless you know for sure that you will land it, or you have backchecking forwards ready to help. This caused us to end up 2v1 a few times yesterday, and led to more than one goal against. Finally, remember your side and try to stick to it when defending a breakout. If there are two skaters charging into the defensive zone, and the puck carrier is on the right, while the open skater is on the left, the LD should not be charging the puck carrier, leaving the open skater free to receive a pass. This also applies for loose pucks, if a puck is loose in the left corner for example, the RD needs to stay away and let the LD chase it down...Too many times both Defenders (and sometimes a forward or two) chased a puck down leading to a cluster; this cluster makes it near impossible to pass the puck to a teammate due to proximity issues, and oftentimes the puck carrier becomes stuck on the other players, and ends up losing the puck to the eventual forechecker.

Positioning: Going with the last point, remember as a rule of thumb that (on defense) the wings should cover the point men, the D cover their side of the lower ice and eliminate any net crashers, and the Center puck chases or picks up the middle. I know it is tempting, but try not to puck chase as a wing and leave the top of the ice wide open. On offensive positioning, we pretty much execute well as is. Just try to have at least one forward in front of the net for tips and rebounds, ideally someone with high hand eye and offensive awareness.

Just some things to keep in mind as we play. We're on a roll right now and I'd like to keep that going. These tips above will help to eliminate some of the easier stuff we let in, and allow us to win those low scoring games more soundly.

I'll be around tonight to play if we have enough on, I'd like to get my legend card by the end of the weekend. I'm something like 19 games played out. I believe Tordah is even close than I am.

This has been Assistant Coach Divine Brophecy's tips for the day.

The Rev fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 22, 2013

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/NHL14PS3/22213/overview

10-26-2013, never forget. RIP Killdozers - There were no survivors.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

LegioPraetoria posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what that is. Nobody click on it, maybe it will just go away.

edit: for real, they have a 70-45 record? So does that mean that at a certain point they stop hitting and try to score? Where do you think that point is, 150 hits? 200?

If you look at their career hits, it's pretty evident they were having a gimmick game or two.

What's strangely odd though, is if you coordinated a little bit better, and were good at killing off the power play, you could win a game playing like they did. Every single one of us was injured by the end of the game, most of us with multiple injuries. I know my Defensman was useless after his second injury (of four), if I didn't give them a 15 foot cushion, they would skate right past me. By the end of the game, all I was good for was shooting the puck on the point and passing, I was far too slow to make hits or get in position to block shots / disrupt passes.

I'm also sure that this game also confirmed that aggression does not lead to "intimidation", or at least that "intimidation" does jack poo poo. Each one of us was murdered a bare minimum of 20 times by the second period (on top of being injured, some of use more than once), and we still make crisp passes, shot well, and didn't seem to lose any of the close battles.

5 more wins till legend 1, I will probably grind them out Sunday if any other killdozers are on and want to get together for some games.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Killdozers,

I will be on tonight after work for some hockey action, be there....or don't be.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

LegioPraetoria posted:

My girlfriend is out from 530 to about 7,and the leafs don't play until 9. There is literally nothing I'd rather do than killdoze.

That sounds a lot like a new style of play...Red Dog Rampage style of play.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

I think what's more impressive, is over the 4 playoffs games, we only let in 3 goals. All 3 of those goals being ones we would agree are completely random buggy goals that no one was to blame for.

All very close games, was quite the intense playoff run.

And for those who were asking after the game, the next club game played (by anyone) will show the playoff banner celebration - just be sure to have everyone on the team not press any buttons, or it will skip the cinematic.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

The Roadwarrior posted:

PS. Top gun/got life etc.

E: My dangerzone video from last year got pulled from YouTube :(

Sounds like you'll just have to make another one!

Highway to the... Brophecy Buttstuff zone?

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
:siren: The votes are in :siren:

October 31, 2013 10:07 PM - Sr_Smoove is an All-Star left wing in the EASHL!
October 31, 2013 10:07 PM - Gotlife22 is an All-Star defenseman in the EASHL!
October 31, 2013 8:59 PM - Your club has won the Pro Cup Playoffs

Wait...What?

So that's two All-Star nods for me, as a Defenseman and Left wing, when the bulk of my games are as center. And I believe Smoove normally plays on the right wing, and for our playoff run he was the center...

Also, RIP Raw Dog Rampage, 6 of their members quit the team, including all (I think) the players we played our graveyard game against.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
According to Dyne: Tordah, Rock, and Legio (and maybe one other?) can now invite to the list. Next time you see one of them on, try to get ahold of them with your email address and see if they can add you on.

I think we are missing is you, Jovial, and Smoove from the list as it now stands.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Promoted to Division 2 - First team we face is ~900 ranks higher than us

Here was the game in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOo2FiO2JA

We shut them out 2-0

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Excellent games tonight dozers, 8 wins, 1 loss: 5 Shutouts, +15 goal differential.

Tordah - I have broken another one of your records, Hits in a game (26 by you), new record is 40!

The game was a double OT...

By the way, we beat two teams ranked 168 and 130. (we are 772 as of this post)

The Rev fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 15, 2013

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Dale Meets Wall posted:

And I got the game winner by finally completing a breakway! It was a great night for internet hockey. I was thinking maybe we could arrange a scrimmage sometime with the CSA. Just a for fun game.

A scrimmage would be fun, the hard part would be getting everyone on each team online at the same time as I understand there are some Euros on the other team, yes?

I still want to Raw Dog Rampage another team, perhaps we can do that in a lobby drop-in so that the club doesn't have to suffer. We probably won't win the game (what a shock!), but as long as you stay below 40 PIM and get 1 assist or something, your grades should be B's or higher.

Rock needs to be present for this to record the whole game and upload it, this would be close to the best thing ever. My personal goal will be to railroad the goalie hard enough to knock his mask off.

I'm laughing just thinking about this... I think I need to make a pure goon and do some drop-ins today after work if no club games or going, you know, for practice purposes.

Seriously...make this happen.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah you're gonna annihilate the CSA even if we can put up a full team. We got attendance issues(which is very much my own responsibility and blame) and the highest division we've ever been in is in division 8 and we regularly get routed there, badly.

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah you're gonna annihilate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUmdqp7I_98

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Just going to leave these here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhjwKzKLho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQR148P-GbU

We won, 6-5, most of us also had all A+'s

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Hey CSA people:

If iham10 sends you a team invite, please accept it.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

The Roadwarrior posted:

If I get voted out I'm not sharing my coconuts and whale blubber with anyone.

I watched the donkey video the day after it was posted and didn't have déjà vu until the taxi driver "demonstration". I managed to block out most of it from an earlier viewing, most impressively that I never remembered watching it at all.

Preemptive strike: Kick all members out of the club. Can't force me to sit if there are no other members!

"But GotLife, you can't play a club game with 1 person, you fool."

Welcome to the club, Assistant Captain iHam10!

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUinrGIqJHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
L1 + X

I should otp today with my thug. Kill them all, no gods no masters.

• Locked thread