Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rutkowski posted:

So, we seem to be in a similar situation as last year. Killdozers got their group that's full(and I completely understand why, this is not a complaint at that in any way) and the babydozers are, well, stillborn. Other than me and the GM we got one application waiting and that's it. Two(+one) members...

...I think I'm gonna look for a new team because drop in games are only so fun as a guy who primarly play goaltender.

Well the OP makes it seem like both teams are pretty hardcore and thats why I didnt bother applying since Im a terrible player that hasnt played in a long time. Im also a full time student so my available time is all over the place. :(

If that isnt an issue Id be down for some games when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have a lab that runs until 5 EST and I think Im scheduled for lab cleanup today too, so I wont be home until closer to 6pm. If thats no problem Ill just hop on when I get home.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I was on D, he was our playmaker. :mad:

That was a lot of fun once we figured out a game plan (crush tiny mans).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Same, Ill be on in maybe an hour when I get home. Gotta crush some tiny mans to make up for missing Saturday because of stupid work.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It was asked a couple times over the last couple days how my guys have such high ratings despite never winning, so Im stealing and summing up Zip!'s amazing posts on how to do it quickly in Live The Life from the main thread:

1) Create a Center and set difficulty to rookie
2) Set periods to 5 mins and from the options tank all the AI stats while maxing the human ones (where applicable, dont max human injury chance :v:)
3) Start at the draft and play the Memorial Cup, get lots of points so you get drafted first overall
4) Sim first 2 periods, jump in and play the 3rd
5) Get a goal, an assist, crush a dude, and keep your ratings at A+, aim for the season expectations

Repeat a minimum of 50 times, you can sim the rest of the games, and then make sure you win the Cup in your first year for another unlock. A couple more unlock from playing a second season in the same manner. Overall a season takes a couple hours, and while it can get kind of boring, the boosts are why my EASHL dudes went from lumbering oafs to decent dudes that can now crush tiny mans and tiny pucks. :manning:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sorry, been a busy week at college. Spent all week cramming Pharmacology and P&A for my tests, but I should finally have some time to play again tonight around 5 EST. Ive earned it. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ugh, Ill be so glad when this little stretch of assignments is done. I might just crunch a bit tomorrow to open up Wednesday as a night to relax to the soothing sound of Rutkowski heading to the penalty box for the umpteenth time. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

I've been busy with real life and haven't had a chance to grind my guy at all ;_;

Yeah this. I was lucky earlier on and had time to play when the game first came out, but my program is really loaded at the back end of the semester so Ive been busy with 9 classes (thats 36 hours sitting in class every week :suicide:) worth of tests, assignments, and presentations. I get little breaks every now and then but I find no one is on when this happens. :(

• Locked thread