Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
One thing about these cameras and batteries. It may be best to NOT use rechargeable batteries. Alkaline batteries are best from what I read and from experience. I had some rechargeable batteries melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

\⚡/

⚡⚡⚡ ⚡

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 8, 2013

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

No school like the old school.

Very nice!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Very nice indeed.

Drunkin flash test with my 450.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Picked up a Polaroid Miniportrait 203 for $25. This is a really cool camera. Blew a few shots trying to figure it out but think I have it now. Can't wait to shoot more with it.

The film back was filthy. I bet they couldn't get good shots from it and decided it was broken and tossed it.

A few shots from my boys 10th b-day party.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 11, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

Picked up a Polaroid Miniportrait 203 for $25.

You've gone instant camera crazy.

Keep going. :devil:

Krelas
May 14, 2007

Be there none left on Earth but you,
one thing will still remain true...

Well poo poo, looks like 3x4 FP-3000b is being discontinued.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/11/13/fujifilms-fp-3000b-3x4-instant-film-will-discontinued-soon/

I was looking to get a Land Camera so I could do BW, I guess I'll get an Instax now.

Krelas fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 13, 2013

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I wouldn't believe it until word came from Fuji, there are always "tips" and rumours of film stocks discontinuing, it's pretty tedious.

All it will do is bring out everyone's inner hoarder.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

I wouldn't believe it until word came from Fuji, there are always "tips" and rumours of film stocks discontinuing, it's pretty tedious.

Except it's true that they already discontinued the 4x5 packfilm :tinfoil: As I understand it, even the smaller packfilm is mostly only used in some passport photo cameras anymore - and for that you need color. Hopefully that means FP-100c will last a while longer...

edit: I just ordered 15 packs of FP-3000b. Still hoping the rumor is wrong.

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 13, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

I hope it isn't true. I am hoarding it now.

Got a close up lens called a Kali-Copier. It's like a macro lens & it can be used to make copies of prints.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Goddamn it. I was about to order a couple packs... I'm ordering a bunch of packs now.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 15, 2013

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Well Fuji announced it officially :smith:

So I've jumped on the purchasing train and picked up 5 packs.

But on a positive note, my new to me Polaroid Colorpack II arrived in mint condition and cost only $12.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
https://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-discontinuation-of-fuji-3000b-instant-film-by-fujifilm

1000 signatures in a few hours. I doubt anybody at Fuji is listening, but just in case...

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

Well Fuji announced it officially :smith:

So I've jumped on the purchasing train and picked up 5 packs.

But on a positive note, my new to me Polaroid Colorpack II arrived in mint condition and cost only $12.

Awesome on the Colorpack II. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck on the Fuji 3000b. :smith:

Prices are up to $15 a pack now! I read this somewhere - "Michael Raso (Film Photography Podcast) contacted Fuji USA and was told there will be one more large batch coming to the U.S. in 2014 (no idea when) then no more. So if you like this film, better stock up soon."

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 15, 2013

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

There go my savings....

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
The worst part is I just started a personal project on 3000b and was planning to shoot a few boxes a month for the next six months. Guess I will go buy up all the local stock.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

8th-snype posted:

The worst part is I just started a personal project on 3000b and was planning to shoot a few boxes a month for the next six months. Guess I will go buy up all the local stock.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 8 boxes earlier. Hopefully it's enough :smith:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

aliencowboy posted:

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 8 boxes earlier. Hopefully it's enough :smith:

In my case it's actually sort of ironic because the project is about the ending of a relationship.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

8th-snype posted:

In my case it's actually sort of ironic because the project is about the ending of a relationship.

That's actually really cool.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Yes, make that a conscious part of it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spent packs make cool frames.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

You're really taking the peal apart film and running with it, the frame idea is brilliant. Maybe try getting a hold of the original polaroid ones which are made from sturdy metal, rather than the Fuji plastic.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I just shot some FP100C for the first time... everything is coming out with a pretty heavy blue tint and is generally underexposed. Is this normal or a bad pack?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
That is not normal, check the exposure on the camera?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

You're really taking the peal apart film and running with it, the frame idea is brilliant. Maybe try getting a hold of the original polaroid ones which are made from sturdy metal, rather than the Fuji plastic.

Yes I am! I doubt I am the first person to do it. I do have a bunch of the metal ones. The 1st one is a metal pack and I bent the little tabs out and they work perfectly as a stand. The 2nd is an instax.

aliencowboy posted:

I just shot some FP100C for the first time... everything is coming out with a pretty heavy blue tint and is generally underexposed. Is this normal or a bad pack?

What camera are you shooting with? What kind of light?

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Reichstag posted:

That is not normal, check the exposure on the camera?

The camera definitely underexposes, but I've been mostly shooting in moderate to heavily overcast conditions. I read in a few places some of the light meters can be a bit flakey in darker conditions, but I really don't know why the film has a blue colour cast. I'm fairly certain it wasn't blue out today.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

It was always my understanding that underexposing FP-100c turns everything green or blue, and I still see blue/green tint sometimes in shadows when shooting in difficult conditions. I always thought that it was just how the film responds.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

(FILM HOARDING INTENSIFIES)

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

image by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

My wallet is crying.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Instant Photography: Documenting Hoarding in Real Time

Content: I've been shooting with an Instax Mini 90 Neoclassic since last Saturday and it's a ton of fun. One of the best things about it is that you don't have to carry around that stupid lens attachment in order to get close focusing since it has a built in mode in the camera. Although, it's hard to recommend to any one to spend $220 on what essentially is a toy camera. Let me know if anyone has questions about it.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Scan some pictures, I'd really like one of those, but... $220

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Light Trails by jemuelb, on Flickr

Shot with the Instax Neoclassic with bulb mode (all shots are 10 second exposures).

Probably the biggest difference with the Neoclassic as compared to the rest of the Instax line is that it can do double exposures, has a bulb mode and a tripod mount. Another interesting thing is that it looks like the metering cell is right next to the lens so you could even hold a ND filter up to it if you want to try and limit overexposure.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I'm going to do some experiments with off-camera flash. Would I be correct to assume that with the ISO set to 75, the aperture settings for Polaroid 250 are f/8.8 and f/17.6?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Here's s couple from the project I'm working on. I left a lot of the dust on the scans because it sort of fits in.

itaoh-0001 by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

itaoh-0002 by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

itaoh-0003 by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This camera rocks! The vignetting and DOF!

Double exposure with the Polaroid Big Shot. The boy decided to fire it off in the back seat of the car and "forgot" to tell me.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
:siren: PROMOTIONAL POST ALERT :siren:

Now, you, too, can shoot the biggest and best instant format that isn't expired and/or $200/sheet!!!!! Buy my 4x5 instant poo poo!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
One month's worth of 3000b shot so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Here's a quick and dirty cell phone shot of probably the best one so far.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 9, 2013

• Locked thread