Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/be-positive

There an instant photography themed shirt on woot right now. It's adorable and you all need it.

Rontalvos fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 9, 2013

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

8th-snype posted:

Here's a quick and dirty cell phone shot of porbable the best one so far,

That rules. It looks like a horror movie poster.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
I just bought some cameras.

Goodbye, all of my money.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Rontalvos posted:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/be-positive

There an instant photography themed shirt on woot right now. It's adorable and you all need it.

No.

Captain Organ posted:

I just bought some cameras.

Goodbye, all of my money.

What cameras did you get?

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Whitezombi posted:

No.

What cameras did you get?

The first two are on a Super Shooter, and the last one is a 240 with some polacolor 108 that expired in 1982. Just saw your post in the buy/sell thread, that SE super shooter is so rad.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I dragged my mamiya to Hong Kong. I definitely need to get into a rhythm with that camera, as I took way too many photos with the dark slide in. Each time I do that my wallet cries. But I got a few ok photos in the end.

img046 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

img044 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

img041 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

img043 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

img037 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

img042 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

My vertical shots safe always off center as the rangefinder on my camera is off center as well. Something I need to work on more is recomposing after focusing, but with aperture of 2.8 its not always feasible.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Putrid Grin posted:

My vertical shots safe always off center

My everything shots are off center.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Putrid Grin posted:

I dragged my mamiya to Hong Kong. I definitely need to get into a rhythm with that camera, as I took way too many photos with the dark slide in. Each time I do that my wallet cries. But I got a few ok photos in the end.

My vertical shots safe always off center as the rangefinder on my camera is off center as well. Something I need to work on more is recomposing after focusing, but with aperture of 2.8 its not always feasible.

Are you shooting with a Mamiya Universal? Nice shots.

Captain Organ posted:

My everything shots are off center.

Nice. Is the 2nd shot on expired film?

Big Shot shots.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 20, 2013

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Thanks! Indeed I use the Universal.

Here is an attempt at negative reclamation from an underexposed FP-100c.

_DSC4571 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Completely insane question just to satisfy my curiosity, how complex is the mechanism of black-and-white peel apart packfilm, and could someone theoretically reload spent packs with their own materials and reagent? I'm just getting into instant stuff to do emulsion lifts and I have a taste for stupid pointless DIY bullshit, so I was curious as to how impossible this would exactly be.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

mr. stefan posted:

Completely insane question just to satisfy my curiosity, how complex is the mechanism of black-and-white peel apart packfilm, and could someone theoretically reload spent packs with their own materials and reagent? I'm just getting into instant stuff to do emulsion lifts and I have a taste for stupid pointless DIY bullshit, so I was curious as to how impossible this would exactly be.

Quite impossible, considering that the aptly named Project Impossible still can't make an emulsion worth a drat.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Putrid Grin posted:

Quite impossible, considering that the aptly named Project Impossible still can't make an emulsion worth a drat.

I suppose it is kind of telling that when you check Impossible's website their big gimmick is that they sell it with multiple colors of frame.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This with the new back?

mr. stefan posted:

Try some photo paper if you have the capability to process it.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

mr. stefan posted:

It's a DIY Type 55, not packfilm, and it's not that pointless or stupid, but it's definitely DIY: http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-instant-film-at-home-polaroid-55-/?ALLSTEPS

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

MrBlandAverage posted:

It's a DIY Type 55, not packfilm, and it's not that pointless or stupid, but it's definitely DIY: http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-instant-film-at-home-polaroid-55-/?ALLSTEPS

This is pretty awesome, thanks! Sadly I have no 4x5 cameras to do this with quite yet, but it's definitely something I'm going to check out.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

mr. stefan posted:

This is pretty awesome, thanks! Sadly I have no 4x5 cameras to do this with quite yet, but it's definitely something I'm going to check out.

The problem is your lack of 4x5? Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior Chamonix?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

This with the new back?

Yep - Polaroid 405. Leaks a bit if I'm not careful to hold it down when putting the slide back in.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dukeku posted:

Yep - Polaroid 405. Leaks a bit if I'm not careful to hold it down when putting the slide back in.

Can you fix it?

Conversion time!

Polaroid lens for conversion. Tominon 4.7 127mm by natebol, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Whitezombi posted:

Can you fix it?

The fix is to actually use the Graflok cams to lock in the back instead of just putting the back under the groundglass :)

It's an annoying extra step, but I always get way better results that way - not just from fewer light leaks, but the film ends up being at a more precise location, too.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

MrBlandAverage posted:

The fix is to actually use the Graflok cams to lock in the back instead of just putting the back under the groundglass :)

It's an annoying extra step, but I always get way better results that way - not just from fewer light leaks, but the film ends up being at a more precise location, too.

Here I am feeling bad for dukeku and turns out he is just a lazy bastard! :argh:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If it fits it should work, dammit! :)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

From a Colorpack II

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dukeku posted:

From a Colorpack II

I love that camera.

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

No school like the old school.
Diana with the instant back

Instax by boydy88, on Flickr

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Finally scanned more stuff in today, all shot with the Fujifilm instax mini 90 Neoclassic.

Double exposure stuff:

Double Exposures by jemuelb, on Flickr

The camera surprising handles tricky lighting situations pretty well, especially since it is capable of a faster shutter speed then the Instax Wide.

Fountain by jemuelb, on Flickr

Hand holding a slightly long exposure.

Christmas Tree by jemuelb, on Flickr

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone want two boxes of Polaroid 339 film for shipping costs? Expired in 2000 but I'm sure something can be done with them.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Chill Callahan posted:

Does anyone want two boxes of Polaroid 339 film for shipping costs? Expired in 2000 but I'm sure something can be done with them.

I would except I do not have a camera it will work in. I doubt anyone in the Dorkroom does. It's for cameras that have a CB-33 Back. The Polaroid Microcam and some Polaroid Photobooth cameras.

Also works in: Autofilm Miniportrait 203, FreezeFrame, ProPallette, Tektronix Oscilloscope Camera.

You may be able to get $25-$75 for it on ebay.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 12, 2014

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I read some things about people cutting the film up to fit into smaller backs or creating DIY backs for LF or MF cameras. Might just set a saved search for some of those cameras to see if I can snag one for cheap.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Do you have any links for that info?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
This guy (http://www.flickr.com/groups/polaroid_/discuss/72157623001125390/#comment72157623060413524) said he cut down the film to fit in a Spectra camera. I can't find any stuff now on making DIY backs for this specific film, I'm sure something is out there for other Polaroid films.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Hong Kong by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Kinda want the Instax Mini 90 even though it's stupid expensive and I'd probably only pull it out at parties and stuff. Somebody talk me into/out of this irresponsible impulse buy.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

404notfound posted:

Kinda want the Instax Mini 90 even though it's stupid expensive and I'd probably only pull it out at parties and stuff. Somebody talk me into/out of this irresponsible impulse buy.

Mest0r posted:

Light Trails by jemuelb, on Flickr

Shot with the Instax Neoclassic with bulb mode (all shots are 10 second exposures).

Probably the biggest difference with the Neoclassic as compared to the rest of the Instax line is that it can do double exposures, has a bulb mode and a tripod mount. Another interesting thing is that it looks like the metering cell is right next to the lens so you could even hold a ND filter up to it if you want to try and limit overexposure.

Mest0r posted:

Finally scanned more stuff in today, all shot with the Fujifilm instax mini 90 Neoclassic.

Double exposure stuff:

Double Exposures by jemuelb, on Flickr

The camera surprising handles tricky lighting situations pretty well, especially since it is capable of a faster shutter speed then the Instax Wide.

Fountain by jemuelb, on Flickr

Hand holding a slightly long exposure.

Christmas Tree by jemuelb, on Flickr

Buy one. I would if I had the cash.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Whitezombi posted:

Buy one. I would if I had the cash.

You make a convincing argument.

Looking around, it seems like so far it's all been import models, and it was slated for an early 2014 US release, and there were some more reviews popping up from as recently as a few days ago. Does this mean it's out stateside now?

Amazon has both an import and non-import model listed (with the non-import significantly cheaper), but I'm not sure how reliable an indicator that is--wouldn't be the first time an identical product had multiple Amazon listings. There's one person claiming that the 15th (today) was the US release date.

I guess I'll wait a few days and see if things sort themselves out.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

I got my Neoclassic at an Urban Outfitters a few months ago, I think the cameras were trickling in at random shops in the states. The Neoclassic is great, more control then the standard Instax cameras but not enough to get really technical with them.

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

No school like the old school.
I'm liking the slightly more control than the Mini 50s I'm getting with the Diana and instant back. Paired with the 'Premium' glass lens, the pictures turn out really well.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

__⚡__

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

welp, I bought it

• Locked thread