Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

dukeku posted:

Looks like you just didn't finish fully bleaching the backing off (let it sit for a while, it won't hurt if your tape is on right) and had bleach leak under your tape on the top.

I gave it another shot with a different photo. I let the bleach sit for a good while this time. When I hold the negative up to the light I can see different colors in the image (reds, blues), but after scanning and inverting it came out sort of monochrome. I messed around with the curves for awhile and couldn't make it look right. My best guess is that my scanner just sucks - it's some cheap HP all-in-one deal.

scan0006 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

e: Yeah, it's the scanner. I snapped it with my phone and it's got tons of color in it.

scan0007 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Instax film does not like cold weather.

Last shot from my dead ColorPack II.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Speaking of cold weather, I've not shot my 210 any since I got the film because it's been sub-30F. I know the film says it doesn't work well under 40f, but can I compensate for that by letting it sit even longer, or should I throw it somewhere warm until it develops?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Elliotw2 posted:

Speaking of cold weather, I've not shot my 210 any since I got the film because it's been sub-30F. I know the film says it doesn't work well under 40f, but can I compensate for that by letting it sit even longer, or should I throw it somewhere warm until it develops?

Those I just posted were shot in -20 or so windchill. Sit longer? It comes out and develops on its own. I took the photos and then threw them in my pack and didn't look at them until we got to the bar at the ski resort.

Oh - are you talking about a Polaroid Land Camera 210? If so then just put them in your coat or bag and then let them sit for a bit when you get home then peel apart after it warms up.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 13, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Untitled by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
My Fuji PA145 back has shipped from Japan, soon I will be shooting pack film on a real camera.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Limoncello by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Behind the scenes - Chamonix at full extension:

8th-snype posted:

My Fuji PA145 back has shipped from Japan, soon I will be shooting pack film on a real camera.

:getin:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

MrBlandAverage posted:

Behind the scenes - Chamonix at full extension:

:getin:

:gizz:

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC5671 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

You've been killing it lately.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Niiiiiiiice

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mmm, Ifi. My favorite fi!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

drat dude.

Took my 600 SE out for a test run yesterday. Love this camera.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Dang.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Am I missing something here? Wasn't Fuji Instant 4x5 killed a while ago:
http://www.lomography.com/magazine/news/2014/02/24/fujifilms-fp-100c-45-peel-apart-film-to-be-discontinued

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Yes it was.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It's still possible to use a back that takes the standard 4.25"x3.25" peel-apart film.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

I might be misinterpreting it, but I think this is just a "we're gonna run out of existing stocks really soon" message.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Expired instant film is the devil. 5 shots from this pack came out separated and I got nothing. Everything else is purple/magenta and really fubar exposures.

This building is green.

This is on good film.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Fuuuuuuuck

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

At this point in our sample size, "Motel" in your instant photograph = automatic winner.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It looks like a movie poster. Just need to slap some credits and fine print on the bottom. :science:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This guy is Bland and Average.

We got yelled at for taking pics of this car.

This pink stripe on the left seems to happen when you do not peel the print for many hours.

CU-5 Polaroid. Multiple exposures.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Looks like the guys working on their own 4x5 instant film are ready to crank it up, here's their kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobcrowley/new55-film

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

Looks like the guys working on their own 4x5 instant film are ready to crank it up, here's their kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobcrowley/new55-film

Old Type 55 rules (when you can get the massively expired sheets to work) and it looks like New55 has the potential to be even better (higher ISO, same ISO for positive and negative).

Here's some old Type 55 I did before this thread existed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I was really impressed with the images they've already made with their prototypes, they're getting a great tonal range and what looks to be fine grain (I'm guessing you can call it that in instant film). Looks to be a lot more impressive than the garbage coming out of Impossible.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

The new type 55 project seems to be still in very early stage, so I am wary giving them any of my money. But if they could make it work, it would be fantastic.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

:taco::gizz:

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the back and try to do the 600SE conversion myself OR throw money at Option8 when he decides to sell them.

This is where to get it. http://shop.lomography.com/us/belair-instant-back
It's an Instax Wide back for a Belair X 6-12 camera. The Belair camera is pretty lovely from what I read, so shooting with it is not an option.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That 4x5 Instax back looks pretty sweet, I'd be pretty interested if it's not at eye-watering prices.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

scan0005 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

scan0001_a by LargeHadron, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Crossposting from landscapes because 1) I really like this photo, and 2) this thread hasn't been seeing much love lately.

scan0001
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

• Locked thread