Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Looks like the new55 project got funded on kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobcrowley/new55-film

I pledged for a pack of film, but if anyone is interested I'd be happy to sell at cost, as I don't have an instant back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I shot a shitload of 3000b in the last 6 months.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

8th-snype posted:

I shot a shitload of 3000b in the last 6 months.

That looks like few thousand dollars worth of 3000b. Especially at todays prices.

img096 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Putrid Grin posted:

That looks like few thousand dollars worth of 3000b. Especially at todays prices.

img096 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Most of the film was purchased at my local store, cheaply. I think I would just get sadder if I counted how much money I have spent on it but I shot roughly 30 or 40 boxes.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype posted:

Most of the film was purchased at my local store, cheaply. I think I would just get sadder if I counted how much money I have spent on it but I shot roughly 30 or 40 boxes.

After scanning all that stuff turns out I shot more like 25 boxes of 3000b on this project.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Vivitar Slide Printer Prints. Tourists slides from Barcelona from the 50s (i think)

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I love the photography in this thread, but allow me to bring instant film back to its low culture roots for just a moment:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Polaroid 330 gets here on friday. Time to take some deadpan landscapes at 80cents a frame.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Musket posted:

Polaroid 330 gets here on friday. Time to take some deadpan landscapes at 80cents a frame.

Make it rain.

20+ year old Polaroid 600 film. I pulled old film out of an old film pack and put it in an Impossible Project film cart that someone gave me. Shot with a Polaroid Supercolor 635 CL.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Lan Su Gardens, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Lan Su Gardens, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
welp, just bought an instax

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
lkajshdflkajshdflkajshdfasdfh/ RAGE.

My scanner seems to have problems scanning FP100c negatives. It cant recognize them while pre-scanning. I found out the problem, the back light in the lid, isnt fully light across the entire plane it casts light on, its meant only for its proprietary 35mm/slide mask.

I thought I could just align the negative under the backlight and get a decent scan until I have a friend print up a negative mask with his 3d printer. I was wrong. Time to find a new flatbed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

When I scan mine on a V500 I just use the medium format holder as a frame to push the negative flat, works pretty well for no cost.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Spedman posted:

When I scan mine on a V500 I just use the medium format holder as a frame to push the negative flat, works pretty well for no cost.

I have to actually upgrade my scanner, its only good at doing 35mm. I thought it had enough room for Fp100c negative but it doesnt.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Another instant kickstarter, this time Lomo are making an Instax Mini competitor, worth getting one at the discounted price:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-camera

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Nice Street shot.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-snype posted:

Nice Street shot.

sorry brah but I don't see any people. can't be street.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's clearly a parking lot anyways.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

No, that's a building.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

negative or scanned image?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Musket posted:

negative or scanned image?

Negative.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Spedman posted:

Another instant kickstarter, this time Lomo are making an Instax Mini competitor, worth getting one at the discounted price:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-camera

drat you!

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Whitezombi posted:

sorry brah but I don't see any people. can't be street.

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

feigning interest posted:

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.

For each of them, however, only one exists, the other can never be real.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Because noone ever looks at your photos?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

deaders posted:

"The photographer" is merely a social construct.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
literally shaking the rodinal

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

deaders posted:

el oh el

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

Ease up if you shake that poo poo like it owes you money your contrast will be terrible.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

8th-snype posted:

Ease up if you shake that poo poo like it owes you money your contrast will be terrible.

One of these quotes is a good title of a photobook. Or a good subtitle.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I just ordered a pack of Project Impossible "Instant" Film.
Morbidly curious if it is as lovely as it seems.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Putrid Grin posted:

I'll save you the trouble: yes.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Putrid Grin posted:

With the money you wasted on that, you could have gotten a lovely colorpack and 5 boxes of FP100c.

Father and Daughter, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

FP3000b loving owns.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Musket posted:

With the money you wasted on that, you could have gotten a lovely colorpack and 5 boxes of FP100c.

Where are you getting fp100c so cheap?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

This is what happens when you use Impossible Film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrb_3NO69g

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I'll turn into a slightly effeminate hipster with poor speaking skills?

Fair enough.

Yeah, I hear that the film is not as much poo poo as it used to be, but its still poo poo. The IP PR team is amazing to be able to sell it in quantities it does.

But I am still curious enough to have this film inflicted upon me, at great monetary cost and loss of my street creed.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Putrid Grin posted:

Where are you getting fp100c so cheap?

FROM YOUR MOM!!!! :snoop:

Amazon has it for 8.49 USD a box sometimes, and I can walk a few blocks, buy it locally for under 12bux if i cant wait for amazon 2day shipping.

The problem for me with impossible besides how smug their "street krew" is (they had a demo at the local photo shop near me and were pretty much insufferable to anyone who didnt give a poo poo about how cool they are), is that their film doesnt offer up anything awesome that you cant find anywhere else. You can get into InstaxWide, with cheaper more readily available film, Instaxmini for funsies and smaller size and still, cheaper film, or you can go find a cheap rear end Polaroid Colorpack or any of the cheap 100/200/300/400 series land cameras and shoot pack film and get not only better prints in under 30 seconds, but negatives you can reclaim. In the long run, Impossible film is just flat out expensive when you consider the alternatives that are out there.

Musket fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Mother and Daughter, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

• Locked thread