Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters
I need a recommendation for what to do with a LIRA (Locked-In Retirement Account). Keep in mind I am clueless when it comes to investing. I worked 3 years in a union who held almost $10,000 for a pension that was somehow "locked" and I didn't know what to do with it. A family friend, who works for Investor's Group (yes I'm a sucker), said he could transfer it to one of their funds. It's in their "Investors Real Property-A" fund which has a MER of 2.53 (according to this link). If I Google Finance the fund, I see since it's inception in 2008 it hasn't gained anything. My clueless investing mind thinks I'm screwing myself with no gains while taking the MER hit. How hosed am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU