Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I love that tangerine redesigned their site a while back and decided that the bills page needed to talk about easy it is to track and pay your bills, but doesn't actually give you any way to view any of your bills. Every time I check, then have to go hunting through my inbox to find the pdf of my statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Methanar posted:

I have a serious question
how much happiness is worth 90k vs 150k savings per year

I have two job offers. One that I want more, one that pays a fuckton.

Either way I have enough to live but the difference is amount I sock away per year in retirement savings.

If you are able to live comfortably and still save enough on the lower paying job that you will actually enjoy take that.

Hating 1/3 of your life isn't worth a bit of extra cash.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Now that tangerine has dropped its cash back rates, what is the best cash back card available. Or are there other good cards besides cash back that are worth looking into?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

What are the go to cards for travel and cash back these days? I have the Fido card and the basic tangerine cashback right now.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Fun fact about the RRSPs. If you log into the cra website and look at your available room for RRSPs and TFSAs, they are not actually correct. Those are your theoretical contribution amounts and are not actually representative of reality.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

iv46vi posted:

What’s actual reality?

You have to look at the letter of assessment you get after completing your previous years taxes and it will tell you what your real amount is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

iv46vi posted:

Thats the same amount as cra shows to you on my account. So are you saying it’s wrong on website but right on NoA at the same time?

Exactly. Which lead to me over contributing and then having to scramble to fix it.

Always check your notice of assessment!