Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Earwig posted:

I figured as such, yeah. So far as I know, FATCA is for $50k in your account at the end of the tax year (don't have to file if you spend it or remove it from the account), or $75k total at any point during the year. Since I'm currently at $0 a year it's crazy to think I'd hit the point of $75k-- but if I do it right I guess it's not too far out of reach after all.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! Means a lot since I'm kind of blindly wandering through this for the first time. No one I know has an interest in investment or finances so I can't really get real-world advice. Mainly I just get hearty shrugs.

Are the guidelines on this up somewhere? I've read seperately that if you have $10k outside the US in all your accounts at any one time you have to file, but here you're saying $50k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU