Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

themongol
Apr 30, 2006
Let us celebrate our agreement with the adding of chocolate to milk.
I'm a big dum and over contributed to my 2023 RRSP. I've spoken to a CRA agent, withdrew the excess contribution from the RRSP account after 2 months of not noticing it. The withdrawl was done in 2023 proper, and for ~5k so over the 2k wiggle room. I undersatnd that I need to file a T3012A form (according to weathsimple: https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/learn/rrsp-over-contribution#the_bottom_line). I also understand that since I haven't file my 2023 taxes yet, this convercontribution is not "already deducted." Does anyone have any tips or experience or resources they can share? I do intend to call CRA again to make sure I do it right, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU