Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i dont feel there was enough fight to make definitive statements about anything

henkman posted:

Stupid ugly yuriy

you make these bitchy little posts every time i post, its kind of sad

especially because im hard pressed to find a point where you made an informative, funny or somehow useful post in the mma forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

You can use this logic for nearly any match if you try hard enough. I don't think this makes your case look any better if you're being serious.

i am serious because it was what, 3 minutes of fighting interrupted by a thumb to the eye and the ensuing shenanigans

we have no idea how the rest of the fight would have gone because sapo's ability to defend those takedowns would diminish with his gas and it's not like he did any damage to askren

he spent the fight defending TDs and reversing them but no one did any damage till the eye poke

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i don't understand this line of commentary over "desperate takedowns" the dude is a wrestler how is it surprising that he goes for takedowns when thats where he's dominant

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Kekekela posted:

Pardon my thread ignorance but its been a long time since I cared enough about a Bellator card to wonder, but is this actually the appropriate Bellator discussion thread now? I can't seem to find an actual Bellator thread anymore.

Bellator doesn't get its own thread anymore now that it doesn't do weekly shows

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

you know how the best part of bellator is oddly enough the commentary?

well they're loving that up too

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/sean-grande-replaces-veteran-bellator-brodcaster-sean-wheelock

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i can't think of a single heavyweight in any organisation that i'd want to see fedor fight. like maaaaaaaaaaybe you could sell a rematch with crocop off of pride never die nostalgia but imagine the loving sad reality when the fight actually starts.

james thompson.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

its going to be bobby lashley but i want it to be JT

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

however if he's a LHW outside the ufc his toughest competition is what, liam mcgreery?

i mean poo poo, lhw outside the ufc is probably the most drastically bad division

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Yup we're watching here in #mma on synirc.net

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

origami posted:

Is there an alternative for this? it's not loading for me

That's just for prelims, main card is on Spike TV or just use http://taima.tv/r/mma

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Keg posted:

Explain please, this sounds hilarious.

Explaining here since it's about a b-league fighter:

You can track down Fox's fight at CFA12 yourself, however:

quote:

The tables quickly turned in the second. Evans-Smith rocked Fox early and unleashed a flurry of punches and knees from side control, mount and crucifix positions. There was controversy at the end of round, as the referee motioned that the fight was over, but was unable to hear that the bell had rung just seconds earlier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1808902-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-loses-via-tko-to-ashlee-evans-smith-at-cfa12

On the broadcast, basically Evans-Smith wrecked Fox's poo poo once, but because of the bell/ref thing, they just let it go to the next round where Evans-Smith promptly wrecked Fox again.

As far as the Invicta backstage stuff goes:

quote:

Fallon Fox showed up to the last Invicta FC event and managed to get inside the area designated for fighters. She acted aggressive towards some of the fighters, so an Invicta FC exec asked her to leave but she refused.

Allegedly Fox claimed she had an AXS TV crew with her (which was false) and from what I've been told she wanted to get a confrontation with a fighter on camera to set up a future fight in Invicta.

quote:

Robert Sargent of women's MMA-focused website MMA Rising further corroborated the report, claiming that his own sources attested to the rumor.

quote:

Although there was seemingly no end to the highlights of Invicta FC 5, it turns out that there was more action brewing in the locker room.

Several rumors from within the all-women's MMA promotion claim that infamous transgender fighter Fallon Fox was trespassing at the April 5 card in Kansas City, reportedly attempting to bully several of the female competitors in attendance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1614222-transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-threatened-bec-hyatt-at-invicta-fc-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Yea bud, I was typing it out