Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Hopefully we'll get here quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I think she's talking about Cain's tattoo, which is clear proof that he's racist and wants to exterminate white people.

Yeah, I suspect she is. I was thinking less about Zimmerman and more about the White Entertainment Channel.

Coming on the heels of 500 posts debating the acceptability of a white lunatic calling a black man a "nigga" as opposed to a "friend of the family" (of course this happened), I expect this poo poo will cause the UG to explode into a hive of white rights activists.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't think it's that he feels excluded or spiteful over their success. Maybe he's just sick of people saying what a rube he was for selling it in hindsight.

I don't think that's fair to say though, given that I can't imagine the UFC becoming what it is now without the Fertitta's NSAC connections playing a big role early on.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

henkman posted:

Two dead pitbulls would send the wrong message

This ain't Bellator.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Different sports and it's just training and all that, but that video of Askren tooling the NCAA Div I champ makes this video of Marcelo toying with Askren even more impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyTjseL40aw

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I am not part of the in crowd. What's the secret move?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Chexoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nltcFB4kI

Powerful Scientific Techniques Tell No One.

Thank you so much for this.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Finally, the dream matchup of Nobutatsu Suzuki-Ben Askren is a possibility.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

1st AD posted:

I think Gregor Samsa lives in LA or thereabouts and also trains, he should show the Cookie Monster that goon love is the best love.

Female fighters make terrible dates (also I am on the east coast now).

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lid posted:

Story there?

Yes.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Plato? Is that you?

Yes?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
e: nm.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

When asked if he thinks he's sticking around too long in MMA

So in other words, yes.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Yuriy posted:

Haha :ortiz:

Tito never stops being funny

Over/under on whether Tito pleads not guilty and represents himself?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bluedeanie posted:

I think you need to show a degree of competency to be allowed to do that, don't you?

Hello lables and jurormen, I am of course your defendant, the policecop said I was over the limit and here in a minute I am going to show you that this is literally impossible for that to have happened *stammers on for four more minutes before shotgunning a case of O'Doul's*

You see I have a broken skull and several slipped vertebrae and so I had drink to kill the pain but I'm a warrior so of course I drove and like a warrior I was determined to go out on my shield and also if you fine me I can't pay my training partners.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Do we know where Urijah Faber Alex Stiebling is right now?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

Didn't he drown in his own blood after babby Anderson kicked his head open in Pride?

Well, there is a Brazilian Killa on the loose, you see.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I was looking into becoming a boxing judge in NY yesterday, which looked like a fairly involved process.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Allahu Armbar

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bean Fried posted:

The problem is that Ali Abdel-Aziz, who isn't even a great promoter, is also the matchmaker while also having a day job as a fighter manager (albeit mostly for some UFC fighters), and he's loving horrible at actually using the whole roster. This has led to numerous notable talents retiring because of lack of fights (Din Thomas, Gilbert Yvel, Jorge Santiago, and Gerald Harris off the top of my head). They burned through their entire Welterweight division before making a title match between Josh Burkman and Steve Carl, and did the same thing at BW before Marlon Moraes tried to win.

They've managed to piss away their HW and LHW divisions both into utter states of disarray.

They've signed Ashley Evans-Smith after she beat Fallon Fox, but have signed no one for her to fight. Their women's Strawweight division is utterly hosed should Jessica Aguilar lose.

He has the matchmaking skills of a slightly above-average Sherdog fantasy-booker and the same level of tact to boot.

If Guillard doesn't win against JZ, watch AAA forget that he even exists.

Does WSOF not run shows in the US? Cuz my understanding is that being a promoter/manager violates the Muhammad Ali Act.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Nobody's sure if it even applies to MMA, nobody has the money or the inclination (yet) to go to court to find out, and nobody's ever been prosecuted under the act anyway.

Of course.

That said, Kathy Duva just filed suit alleging Al Haymon violates the act, so we may have a first.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

That is effectively a low kick to the head.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

I'm visiting Ireland in the fall so I may actually briefly be the best wrestler in a country

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

usually i hate onefc but when the lumpinee champ was in there i actually kind of enjoyed the grimy spectacle of putting two guys from the sex tourist parts of asia in a cage and seeing who dies of soccer kicks first

Who was it?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

ONE FC @ONEFCMMA · 6h
NEWS ALERT: MMA Superstar Brandon Vera has officially signed with ONE FC, Asia’s largest MMA organization. @Verafied @victoronefc

MMA Superstar: aspirant to two belts, holder of none.

Incidentally, I wonder how many people have noticed that ONEFC could also stand for ONE FAILED CAREER. At this rate" "ONEFC after another" would probably be a more appropriate name for the organization.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Huerta used the jumbotron to elbow an opponent with back control in the head. He's cool in my book.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

the sex trade in singapore is thriving.

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/event/1/Pictures-Aoki-and-Imanari-the-Odd-Couple-16454

(apologies for a Sherdog link)

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

He comes across as a far, far more grounded and sensible human being than I expected for some reason.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Maybe ONE FC is more financially promising than I assumed, or maybe Manny Pacquiao simply will not stop being an irresponsible dipshit with his money. Either way, he bought a stake in it.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/8/4/5966333/manny-pacquiao-purchases-stake-in-mma-promotion-one-fc

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

CommonShore posted:

Where does James Thompson fight?

Twitter

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

When was the last time Bellator even had a women's match? Do they have any other women under contract, even? I thought just about all of them had gone to Invicta.

Strikeforce is back, homie.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Does Nevada have a three strikes law?

It's Nevada, so I expect at least one judge will sentence Christy Mack instead.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

yea ok posted:

i will not

I wish I hadn't.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

sportsgenius86 posted:

wish it would've been Rob Emerson

hahahahaha

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wish Tattoos worked like that. I would be a product of the Orange Music Electronics company.

Tattoo Harvard Business School on your rear end, collect your 150,000/year starting salary.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
B-League MMA has suddenly become the Unbelievably Brutal Domestic Violence thread.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

What did I do? :ohdear:

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just when you thought War Machine couldn't get any tanner...

fuuuccckk

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

This is the best thing ever.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

You win street fights by doing everything Marco Ruas did, duh.

You throw leg kicks for 5 minutes and then quit on your stool between rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm pretty sure it was coco.

Edit:

Sorry duder.

TMZ's track record for determining whether a fighter is alive or not is spotty. Let's not bury coco just yet.