Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Dude just absolutely hosed up a Latvian Nazi and celebrated with a raucous folk dance, Oplot is where its at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

RELIVE THE GLORY

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

david carmichael posted:

how does oplot put on so many shows

malnourished slavic peasants

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

The first time was the fight that ended with the guy dancing

Lest it ever be forgot

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Once upon a time we had ShockFights, now we're gonna get Unified Weapon Master.

Here's a vid of a dude getting smacked around a bit inside one of their armor suits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIJpoM2YwM

This seems absurd on the level of that Onion MMA news report about The Man With The Iron Fists, it is unreal. Against all hope I really wish they get at least one show off the ground, just for the sheer WTF factor of witnessing the spectacle.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

individual865 posted:

In a similar vein of absurdity, I present: http://matrixfight.com/. Dude wants to hold MMA fights on parabolic flights. Amazing.

The ring girls. The poor, poor ring girls.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Page was tentative and bad in his two SFL wins and I lost all interest from that point onwards. Take from that what you will.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Yuriy posted:

http://www.glaz.tv/online-tv/boec-tv

I don't know if this is MMA or kcikboxing but Russian Buffer is there + eastern european violence

I probably missed all the fights but I did tune in to see Russian Buffer singing ZZ Top's "Gimme All Your Lovin" inside the ring, so I don't know if actually ended up on the winning side here.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Its moments like these that remind me why I watch b-league shows.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Jomanz Omanz vs. Dejamrong Sor Amnyuasirichoke just sounds like two create-a-fighters in an UFC game going at it.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Is Egyptian Top Team like, an actual thing

*fight begins*

*fight ends*

Nope.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Do you think they're worse than the Anik/Florian team? I feel like Hardy and Gooden are a pretty spectacular together, especially considering how short of a time Hardy has been at it.

Maybe I'm just so accustomed to Gooden from Cage Warriors, which had/has a underrated commentator team.

Hardy is hardly (har har) the worse one out of the duo, hth

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Now we know the true reason why SFL did not allow soccer kicks.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I applaud this feed for looking like a bootleg underground cage fight tape from the 90's.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I would like to remind at this point that according to War Machine's old blog his goal in life was to get stabbed to death outside a Puerto Rican bar when he turned 40. And he won't be able to manage even that.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

attackmole posted:

I always thought people who trained HISTORICAL WESTERN MARTIAL ARTS with swords and shields were mainly lame nerds but I'm way more amused by those .gifs than I thought I would be.

Historical martial arts manuals (those that have been found anyway) are hilariously full of such underhanded poo poo you wouldn't believe. Nothing screams "chivalry" like a training regimen of how to throw your cloak on a dudes face and then batter his helmet in with the pommel of your sword.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Neurosis posted:

What was that promotion that ran an all-heavyweight card thinking it would be great and the tweet at the end of the day was "Never again"?

The first event featuring Strikeforce HW tournament fights was all heavyweight fights on the main card and it is a classic so I am disputing this mystery promotion's take on this.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

DekeThornton posted:

I'm watching Cage Warriors 71 right now and it surprised me that they really focused on how Cage Warriors is the way to get into the UFC for European fighters in the promo at the start of the event. Does Cage Warriors have some formalised deal with the UFC? Because it struck me as a bit strange to be so explicit in how they are a sort of feeder League for a rival promotion.

I think it is more to do with the fact that currently CW is pretty much the premium European B-leeg that regularly run events and have in a short order gotten two highly-hyped peeps in Conor McGregor and Joanne Calderwood get called up/noticed by UFC. Its probably just a way to drum up more interest in the fights, as in "we have the UFC stars of tomorrow fighting for us, come check us out".

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Road FC is just starting off. Fighters are tiny, the arena hosting the event surprisingly big and loud and everyone's named Kim.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

If the UK can make Crazy Frog into a #1 hit, we should be able to make Bas into a top 10 single.

He's already got a song ready as well

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Lol I can't believe this is going ahead, JT just had a baby and all the drama that comes with it.

Please do your job as #1 stalker and make sure he doesn't take parenting tips from Houston.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Holy :drat:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Ahahahah oh god yes please tell me everything about this. I want to go beat a balding fat guy half to death and be a champion of this mystical league.

Come to Finland, we have got you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fj69uRxW8A

Pretty sure these guys let you just sign up on Facebook and then come and fight at one point in time.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I had to go check Fedor's record because I apparently forgot that the Bigfoot mauling ever happened and noticed this hilarious piece of sour grapes. Wikipedia's MMA community is great.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Jesus H. Christ :stare:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Japan, meanwhile, is going full-blown 90's all over everyone.

They do know their audience though I do want to see people get knocked out into a moat.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I think it's important to note that tonight's Oplot is subtitled "For The Glory Of The Fatherland". I am stoked.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

M-1 is live, featuring folk dancing, men in chainmail armor marching and adorable little kids carrying flags.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Oplot stream is also live but at least for me it's glitchy as gently caress right now and so far nothing but people filing into the venue.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BAMMA prelims are live after missing a few fights it seems

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BAMMA's (lack of) production values coupled with interesting or just hilarious fights has been the highlight of b-league MMA tonight, at least for me. These guys have p. big shoes to fill if Cage Warriors ends up going under.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Taijiquan vs Karate was everything I hoped and even more :allears:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

Who takes this fight and how?

Us, the audience, on the chin.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Danny-Mitchell-40523 actually made it to the UFC tho

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Yuriy posted:

yea so we're watching ACB and some guy just soccer kicked the poo poo out of a brazilian's skull but then they restarted the round for some reason???

no doctors no cornermen no nothing, just a few minutes of laying about and then the ref restarted the fight lmao

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BAMMA 20 prelims are live, and for once it looks like they have their poo poo together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsmMe9AcZvY

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

They have loving hammers and two-handed axes up in this bitch, this is some serious poo poo. I have not been this giddy about a Youtube stream since SFL 1.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Benji Radach is fighting on the Bellator prelims, his first fight since 2010. His opponent is Ben Reiter, who has spent a lot of time fighting in Peru's Inka FC. Inka FC has the greatest event subtitles in the history of combat sports:

Inka FC 10 - ALL TOGETHER FOR THE CHILDREN THIS CHRISTMAS

Inka FC 11 - YES TO SPORTS, NO TO DRUGS

Inka FC 18 - ALL AGAINST PEDOPHILIA AND DRUGS

Inka FC 25 - NO TO RACISM

Inka FC 26 - Jon "Bones" Jones Edition

That is just someone sneaking their WMMA3 game data into Sherdog, surely, not actual fighting events.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

When did Pudz learn to actually punch, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

MMA fights on a Cruise ship are happening right now at http://mixedmartialarr.com/

the ref and ring announcer are dressed as pirates and there's 12-6 elbows and soccer kicks