Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

wtf, Jonathan Brookins fought for Legacy 2 months ago? Why didn't the UFC want him? Seems kind of odd considering how they normally treat TUF winners.

They probably want to see if he's got his head-stuff sorted or he'll flake out.

Also, Rin Nakai is fighting Sarah D'Alelio, so I expect Pancrase has made it a "Only people named Rin Nakai can punch or kick or grapple" fight, so expect Rin to win a majority decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
In case there is a stream of the event later, I will spoil the big Pancrase news:

Rin Nakai beat Sarah D'Alelio by unanimous decision

Highlights from the play-by-play:

(Rin) sneezing almost one min.

(Rin) catches her arm and jarking

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheTrend posted:

That's loving lame. I train with Sara, but didn't see the fight. Was it any good?

No idea. From the more readable PbP, Rin basically took Sarah down each round and looked for a kimura the entire time.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Reminder that the Titan FC card features Dave Herman vs Kalib Starnes at supperweight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Probably in the old B-league thread since that's from 2012 and I remember going mildly nuts for Page back then. Now I just kinda want to see someone wrassle him severely.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Ring of Combat was a pretty good show tonight, but possibly the best part is that fully half the fighters were sponsored by pizzarias

The Matt Serra dream card

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here's the full fight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamWcOX4hfM

Dude gets taken down into mount within like 20 seconds (he does sweep soon after). There have certainly been worse beatings that have been allowed to continue.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Matt Riddle's facebook, according to BJPenn.com posted:

“So I’m pretty sure my wife cheated on me, she got a text last night from a guy named Gavin saying” hi sexy Lisa” then I made my wife call him and when she did he was acting like they knew each other, until she mentioned I was listening then he changed his tune said he doesn’t talk to married women, so I asked what the girl looked like and he described a brunette with fake boobs, which is my wife, she says nothing happened and that her friend got the number and texted him from her phone. I wanna believe her but I don’t and I work to hard to be treated like this” Phone Post 3.0

poor, poor matt riddle

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Matt Hamill signed with WSoF. Not sure who he'll fight. I don't know who's in WSoF's LHW division other than Spong, and he's got a broken leg (And might be fully in kickboxing, maybe?)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

for a second there, I thought you meant Mark Hamill and I got really excited because Team Jedi might win fights now.

Just cheer for "Jedi Master" Tank Scoggins.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Hamill/Pellegrino is the match to make

It's no Hallman/Howard

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dang it, I wanna watch the terrible fights, too! :(

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

Both Tecia Torres and Thug Rose throw murderous leather. Soon there will be punchy retired women's MMA fighters.

I'm Bart Scott CAN'T WAIT for Rose, Tecia and Jojo to fight each other all the time in the world famous octagon

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

Matt Riddle owns, cool dog

Wait, did all the weed give him glaucoma?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Is this going to be another sad deflating balloon, or a glorious trainwreck?

A zeppelin hit by a train

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Anyone want a GDT for the WSoF show on Saturday? It's got 3 title fights, plus Derrick Mehmen, destroyer of Rolles.

Or we can just talk about it here, since Justin Gaethje vs Nick Newell isn't happening on this card and nobody will care.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ditch posted:

Why is it that the hardest chins in MMA belong to the very worst Japanese fighters?

Every fighter gets at least one skill, and the lure of FIGHTING SPIRIT is too much for some

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I almost forgot that WSoF 11 is in the mid-afternoon on Saturday. Gaethje gonna ruin a handi-capable man. :getin:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Someone explain Fitch's and Hallman's weights to me

It's a PRIDE welterweight fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Holy poo poo. I'd never heard that about Fitch having a losing record in wrestling one year. That's crazy.

His career record is 27-39

He wasn't very good, but he was GRITTY and SCRAPPY, with a TON OF HEART and HUSTLE and OTHER WHITE GUY DESCRIPTORS

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Sefo is starting to sound more and more like a guy that's been punched in the face as often as he has. :smith:

His Pacific Islanderness is failing him? :ohdear:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

you can tell he feels terrible whenever he throws at Newell's left side

Kinda like the Moraes/Rettinghouse fight with the leg kicks

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I usually don't condone the current crop of Gracies winning in MMA fights, mostly because it's hilarious to see them lose (Like when Rolles Gracie got obliterated by Derrick Mehmen), but Neiman Gracie is a hero because he tapped out [http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/7/5876311/wsof-dustin-holyko-white-power-domestic-violence]immense shithead, criminal offender, and basically neo-nazi Dustin Holyko[/url]

You'd think an organization making its network TV debut would run a background check on guys before throwing them in the cage, but whatever, I guess?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dustin Holyko, that racist shithead, fought without a license

"Administrative oversight", also known as "we are Florida and we are terrible at things"

Also, his previous license applications didn't disclose his criminal background.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

That's what I figured. Since tickets aren't available for the show yet, I looked at a different MMA promotion's setup that's playing the same venue later this month and this is their floor plan. I imagine Invicta would feature something similar, but since it's not a traditional mezzanine setup I'm not sure which spot would be best. Any experience with something like this?

Get either a seat close to the booth so you can yell at Mauro/be friends with Julie Kedzie, or an aisle seat so you can steal some hats.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Leonard Garcia should only fight those Brazilian knock-offs of real fighters, like Wanderson Solva or whatever.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Fedor definitely deserves to be in the MMA HoF, if it were to exist

He'll be featured in the H-Bomb Knockouts section

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

At least we aren't having 5 page discussions about Jon Fitch anymore.

I thought we were suggesting to put Fitch on top of Wandy earlier? :confused:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The best thing about Aoki in the past few years has been the FakeShinyaAoki twitter account.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheReverend posted:

I'm thinking Aoki won't fight in the US because they won't let him wear his cool pants.

He has basically said that foreigners have more sweat, so he needs pants to grapple with them.

I guess he could do that thing where someone wears ankle wraps, knee sleeves and compression shorts to simulate grapple-pants

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Titan FC just tweeted there's a new main event for their 8/22 card:

Ben Saunders vs Jose "Pele" Landi-Johns

I guess Matt Riddle hosed something up, as he is known to do.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

nobody cares about wsof 12, right?

good

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Just read that Mizuki Inoue won by armbar in round one of DEEP JEWELS so she's the actual champion now. :swoon:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Getting stabbed to death next to a Puerto Rican behind bars is probably close enough

He'll probably get punctured, but I don't know if it will be fatal :huh:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

I didn't realize MMA Fans are still twitchy about noted bad fighter, Fallon Fox. I got challenged to an MMA fight, guys :(

What did you say, coco?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yeah, the Bellator women's division(s) got shut down a while back, so weird. Thank you based Coker :confused:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

ken pavia, still a oval office as of an hour ago

in response to

was war machine listening to a lot of papa roach? :emo:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

I hope their parents have been sterilized to keep this from ever happening again.

war machine's dad died when wm was 13 (wm tried and failed to cpr his dad back to life), so i think we're good

except he's got sisters, i believe?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

You win street fights by doing everything Marco Ruas did, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gregor Samsa posted:

In this sense, we all suffer.

It was time to end this suffering.

Sorry, I just need a minute to myself.