Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Will WSOF 30 be worth watching? I'm gonna be in Vegas that weekend and general admission tickets are like $35 after convenience fees, I might just try to convince my friend to go with me and see my first live fights.

Card looks like this:

MMAJunkie.com posted:

Champ David Branch vs. Clifford Starks – for middleweight title
Jon Fitch vs. Joao Zeferino – for vacant welterweight title
Jake Heun vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Abu Azaitar vs. Danny Davis Jr.

No info about the prelims yet. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Thanks for the recommendations, all. Bought two tickets today. Really looking forward to it, I'll post a trip report =)

Looks like there are still a lot of seats available too, if anyone wants to jump on it. Judging from the floor General Admission seems like a good deal and things seem like they'll be nice and visible. I was only able to find them on the AXS webpage: http://www.axs.com/events/308245/world-series-of-fighting-30-tickets Be sure to bring your printed tickets or they'll slap a $10 charge on you.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Posting from WSOF 30! Prelims are good so far. The Ponce/Acquaviva RNC finish was worth the price of admission alone, and it's only the second match!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Was good to see Jake Heun bringing it out at the end but I guess Vinny won it :shrug:

I wonder if everyone heard the boos clearly at the end of Azaitar/Davis Jr. Crowd was massively on Danny's side and EVERYONE was pissed that he lost.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Fitch turned Zeferino into his plaything in the 5th round. When he took a head kick and responded by falling straight into side control was so slick.

e: 50-45 all three cards! drat.

e2: tons of people are walking out on the main.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 3, 2016

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Dada please don't fight again I don't want Bellator's pockets lined over the spectacle of you dying for real.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
How is "Z-league" stuff? There's a local promotion just a few knocks away from me having their first show, where hometown fighter Not Mickey Gall is gonna fight a one Mark Climaco from the South Bay. The only other MMA live event I've been to is a World Series of Fighting - how would this compare in atmosphere, in resources for the fighters, etc.? Can I expect a lot of doctors present or will I feel extremely uncomfortable watching the whole thing? Seating's only $35 so the price is right. VIP is only $20 more so I'd get that if it means free drinks. Sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks in advance.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 22, 2016

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/740008034982756353

How is Billy Corben as a source?

If this is real, RIP =(

e: I got a picture of the tweet before it was deleted.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 7, 2016

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
drat it, I should have learned by now to take pictures of tweets.

Here is a more trustworthy source, however.

https://twitter.com/mauroranallo/status/740012231610359809

:smith:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/740023871227584512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I love Lenne Hardt so much

e: What is Yumiko Hotta doing here rofl how long has this been a fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Well this went exactly as I should have expected. =(