Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

El Roncho posted:

Trying to relive the glory of coming out of complete obscurity to knock out Lil Nog when he was easily a top 10 light heavyweight. What a crazy upset.

And arona. Back to back. Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
However arona lost because he had *rummages through filing cabinet* jungle fever so bad he had to retire. So. Fight doesnt count

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
In the promo for the fight it was just arona running barefoot through the jungle and hanging out with tigers, then immediately after he got knocked out he was like "somehow i ended up with dengue fever. Who can say how" and then that was the end of ricardo arona

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Thats a very winnable for our sergei

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

remember strikeforce: nashville?

Every god damned day

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I am laughing aloud

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

They've spent a lot on building up their LHW division but don't really have any good HWs other than, uh, Nelson? If they got some big scary Bob Sapp type cans and matched them up with MW/LHWs for some kind of Absolute Undisputed Superweight championship, it might get some eyeballs. I've never watched Bellator at all other than Chandler/Alvarez 2 but I would probably tune into Melvin Manhoef vs Roy Nelson

Sergei.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

*bangs fork on the table* Open. Weight. Grand. Prix.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
https://youtu.be/WgcovIu3k9o

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Jake fuckin Shields just beat up Danny Davis on PFL to scores of 30-25, 30-24, 30-24

Good

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Actually the ufc offered him a deal that was less guaranteed money but had higher earning potential if he won his fights. Ben publicly said that he didnt think he would be winning fights, so he took the bellator deal. And by god he was right

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I still dont understand why he got cut from the ufc and why he never made it back

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
1) openweight grand prix
2) no sergey no fun

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Sergey.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

JaySB posted:

It's not like a real thing. Pretty sure that was Ricky The Dragon Steamboat's move in WWF

Theres been a few finishes with it before, both as a choke and a neck crank. Im not sure if ive ever seen it in the ufc

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
No sergei no interest

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
The ufc hired people who are in shape and werent taught how to defend a triangle the wrong way. Shameful

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
But did he win

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
And yet it is the only match i care about

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

coconono posted:

man, what the hell happened to Benson? At one point he was regarded as a well rounded insanely technical guy. Now he's just really bad. Last few fights felt like his striking volume was way down.

He was a solid grappler who was huge. His striking was always not great, but he threw a lot of side kicks/low kicks that people had trouble figuring out. He narrowly defeated frankie edgar, a tiny man who cries when he gets hit, in fights where nothing happened. He crushed nate diaz, but not as badly as joe stevenson did. He lost the josh thomson fight. Then people figured him out a bit and now hes gonna have a lot of trouble against anyone decent who isnt really physically weak

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I agree with dunc that no heavyweights from 10 years ago will pass through the never good scrutiny. Its ok to look back at what fedor actually did do and judge him to be cool. Its also ok to say that he almost got arm barred by mark hunt. When mark hunt didnt know how to do an armbar

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

since cheeseburgers are being discussed, "big mach" sakurai is loving enormous now

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/992610747162148864

Magnificent

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Trigg, Aoki, alfonso, pulver hansen gomi (in order), danzig. His losses to anderson and hughes were cool as well. I forget if the diaz fight was good.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol, for context aoki is basically the colby covington of japan (posts on twitter saying all foreigners smell bad, etc) and recently has been posting about how even though sakurai beat him twice he's better than him, and calling him fat. then he went to sakurai's show and took a camera crew into his dressing room sarcastically showing respect and, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCki_xg4Ak&t=73s

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Chael says a lot of things