Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
lol what's the story with the microscopic image next to the "terrible contract" explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Oh, I see. Seems above board, much like the rest of pancrase forever and always

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

fatherdog posted:

My favorite Rumina Sato anecdote is after getting his first professional loss against Joel Gerson, he flew to Canada specifically and solely for the purpose of entering the Canadian Jiujitu Championship tournament because Gerson was competing in it and he wanted his win back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbSQFvZRa9M
A good effort

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

fatherdog posted:

I forget who called Bitcoins "Dunning-Krugerands" but they were a genius
Ahahaha, that's a good one and this story is sensational

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

mayhem eternally a piece of garbage. lol

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

yet he's less intentionally funny than that comic strip, as well.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm married to the sea... but in another, more realistic sense, I'm wholly unlovable
*looks up from peering into microscope* This checks out.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

fatherdog posted:

Really Miguel is an example of what your career looks like when you have terrific offense but awful defense in every area. Striking, wrestling, jiujitsu, that's pretty much how it went.
You're right. It's downright bizarre how his streak of overwhelming victories based on that offense fell off so sharply, but that assessment completely explains it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

CommonShore posted:

He was fighting top-level guys, so he was against the guys who were at the top because they were first starting to show actual defense in their games, generally. This is a sport in which you're either good or you're not.

I wonder if we'll see the same thing happen to Rousey.
If it were always that utterly simplistic then MMath would actually mean something

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

What's more droll than a feel-good z-league spectacle that makes the rounds for a day or two?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I just saw the fight, and I wanted to say those guys were 91 years old in the bellator dodecahedron, and that their entrances were lifted verbatim out of the straight to video Scooby Doo Wrestlemania special

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

glib perjoratives aside it's been determined that Palhares is legally retarded by North American standards

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

it's unbelievable that a retarded person just owned duncan
lmao

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

no, he won't learn. he hasn't. he probably can't. that's the crux of the issue

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Captain Log posted:

That's pretty God damned insane but if it makes a Ronda/Cyborg superfight I'm all for it.
that's an awfully generous superlative for this destination

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

jungle fights referee

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

this hamburger eating contest is causing flashbacks of kimbo/houston alexander

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

manyak posted:

Lol big surprise that the woman who turned herself into a 6'2 220 lb steroid hulk in order to compete in jiu jitsu is actually a coward who sucks at fighting
lmao the flailing

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Triticum Guzzler posted:

for all the haters out there who think i shouldn't fight here's a picture of me dead from light sparring. the comeback begins.
lmao

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 30, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ahahahaha

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I.N.R.I posted:

God help any people in this forum who actually want to see that retarded video
oh no it's quite easy all they have to do is click the "hyper"link. apologies for getting into technical jargon

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

execute this worthless subhuman piece of poo poo with no value on earth, and immediately.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Bushmeister posted:

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/734141575182319616

This was a really good card with actually minimal b-leeg shenanigans. Mismatches? Sure. But apart from those a really enjoyable event.
this is very good

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

lmao i just set my watch to that decision 5 minutes in advance

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the bulk and skull music plays while scott coker and rich chou surreptitiously adjust the hurdles on kato's track to be 6 inches higher than schilling's ahead of their televised race. the broadcast cuts to a test card for 30 seconds, when it returns kato is just crossing the finish line and joe schilling is halfway along the track, stiffened, unconscious, next to an upturned hurdle.
rofl

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

manyak posted:

Im glad Palhares got kicked out of every organization with top level fighters and is now getting murked by guys no one has ever heard of
:thumbsup:

sick accuracy on that uppercut, and he was ducking directly into it bwahaha

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Grandmaster.flv posted:

man this is weird

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/6/13187164/fedor-criticized-chechen-dictator-child-mma-fights-threatened-by-kadyrov-cronies

I know Fedor is close buddies with Putin so I'm not really sure why Ramzan and his cronies would call him out.
Fedor advocating against something that's ethically reprehensible? Take a picture!

lol @ the mindless seething anger of the retaliation too

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

bad news: when you have literally no other detectable personality or insight that isn't pertaining to a years long "gimmick posting career", you don't get to decide when it doesn't apply to you any more by sending out a memo that you're not being interpreted correctly. you'll have to act in a different, non-embarrassing way for quite a while

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 14, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

lmao. is his eye getting ever lazier than before?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

colonel_korn posted:

Apparently Joe Riggs vs Cody McKenzie is a thing that's happening tonight in the appropriately named Z Promotions fight league.

The saddest weigh-in
this couldn't have been put together better by photo manipulation to encapsulate all the gravitas it deserves

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Triticum Guzzler posted:

chanting "fat shitrione" at different timbres to various sacred gems, crystals, and similar in an attempt to find their spiritual resonant frequencies so that mitrione may be "overflowing with energy" in the same way as bigfoot when he illegally beat fedor with shaman magic
that weird choral chant they do at the beginning of sacred vatican ceremonies, except replace all the latin lyrics with an endless unbroken log of Faa~aaaaa~aaT~SH~IIIIIIIiiiiiiiit~ttttrioooooooohn~aaaaa~aaaaAY~

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

^
lmao

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Chandler with a PERFECT suplex on Henderson, goddamn

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wanted the old Bendo special as they were reading the scorecards.
48-46 is literally the kind of insanely retarded scorecard that makes those incidents happen

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

for the most difficult part of his training camp, tito hired a speech coach so he could get the final retirement sentence out in one complete piece

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Schwarzenegger: "Chael. I will naht tolerayte cheatahs, in my boahroom." *without standing up Arnold propels his own aeron chair around table and out the door *

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

henkman posted:

As long as it's not someone from USADA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The second bonus stage with the barrels that roll off the conveyor belt, except he's just letting them land on his body and break open. they're all marked "TRT" on the side

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

This is good, except that Bellator's commentary A-team is already the best thing about the entire org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

against all reason, Goldberg on the mic really is lending Bellator an associative sense of seeming more established