Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Why is Rollister Gracie fighting a fat dude.

And why do I think he'll lose, bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Need a gif of his body crumpling in the wrong direction post-KO

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Make this the new OP please.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

what is it with successful female fighters slumming it up with dinks like bryan caraway or joey villasenor

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

david carmichael posted:

ok, so i'm assuming that eddie alvarez is probably at least kinda well known by the bellator audience. does him being on a show boost their ratings at all?

I don't think Bellator has an actual audience, I've never met anyone who actually knows about it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

detroit is not really "east coast" either

it's not on the coast

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Well the government IS coercing big companies like Facebook to turn over data to the NSA, and fracking IS really bad for the environment.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I bet Spike will just throw him a pile of cash to keep him happy.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hahaha the RFA main event has seen a welterweight gas himself out by holding rubber guard for 3 minutes. He can't even complete an omoplata despite the guy on top having his posture completely compromised.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The 10th Planet fighter was outstruck and outwrestled and outgrappled by a basketball player training with Roufus. Sounds about right.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

the least weasel posted:

Kinda feel that makes sense. How is that any different from actual greasing? Granted I say this without ever having used spray tan, is it really perfectly dry?

It's not perfectly dry, but once you take your initial shower a huge amount of solution comes off. I mean unless the other fighter was developing splotchy tan lines in the areas where she was making skin contact, I doubt the spray tan was the issue. And if that happened I would expect that she did a spray tan literally the day before.

The thing is, you're expected to moisturize regularly after getting sprayed and I imagine that's where the greasing aspect comes into play. Basically Akiyama did this.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Haha, so Bob Meyrowitz is talking about starting up YAMMA and the name was created as a result of a misunderstanding - as he explains it, he was in a restaurant pitching the idea to Russian investors and they couldn't understand why a curved pit was even necessary, so he got a frying pan and they all exclaimed, knowingly, "yama!" So he thought it meant frying pan. Later on he was talking about YAMMA with Oleg Taktarov and was corrected and yama actually meant "burial pit."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Well Bob was probably trying to explain the whole thing about the stupid "fighters can't get trapped against the cage" and the Russians probably thought "Oh sweet they're fighting in a burial pit that is also maybe burning hot."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bob Meyrowitz literally blew off Dana's invite to this week's UFC show because "I had a family thing."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i agree

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rousimar Palhares, WSOF welterweight champion

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Askren/Shields is the kind of fight that could actually cancel the UFC.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Listening to Ariel's show right now. Per Shannon Knapp, Miesha Tate, Michael Schiavello, and King Mo to commentate Invicta this weekend.

Miriam Nakomoto had a UFC offer but turned it down. She wants to fight Cyborg in Muay Thai. Also seems to have a Diaz-like aversion to fighting, except she's about 100 times more coherent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Shannon Knapp is basically doing everything at Invicta. She sounds really stressed out :(

Also she says that she is the sole owner of Invicta which kind of dodges the question of whether or not the UFC is funding them, but I think it'd be a good idea for Zuffa to get involved and then have Sean Shelby take over matchmaking. From the sounds of it Invicta is not making a ton of money because their show expenses are really high, and because of the nature of their business model (like a women's WEC) they really can't afford to do cost-saving poo poo like most regional promotions do (i.e. undercard featuring only local scrubs).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's too bad he didn't sign with WSOF because those are the most interesting matchups for him outside of the UFC.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bean Fried, are you doing an Invicta GDT? I recognize about half the names on the card, but a lot of the opponents to the named fighters are blank slates to me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Miriam Nakomoto was offered a UFC contract but turned it down (which is smart because she'd get wrestlefucked by anybody), but if the UFC can sign Holly Holm they should try to get Miriam for a fight. Their styles should line up pretty well.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Redondo Beach is too far for me to drive to right now can one of you LA goons take care of this?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I think Gregor Samsa lives in LA or thereabouts and also trains, he should show the Cookie Monster that goon love is the best love.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

:unsmith: Yay, she totally deserves a non-fighting job that's important

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Eh, other feeder leagues manage just fine, they just have to CONSTANTLY be scouring for talent and can't spend too much promotional effort on any single fighter.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's too bad the UFC can't just buy Jag's contract out too, because she should be in the 115 pound tournament as well.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't think there's a kickboxing thread anymore but I figured this deserves to be posted here anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsIY-O6Ig1E

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

If Ray Sefo at any point gets pinned, does that mean he has to give up control of WSOF?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bean Fried posted:

Barring a controversial decision in a fight involving the eventual champion, or an injury to one of the top four fighters in the tournament before they've lost, it's going to be hard for any of the othter fighters to come out of the TUF Finale with the needed credibility to be be next-in-line for a title shot.

Put the losers of the semi's into a title eliminator on the same card (unless one of them got stopped or otherwise dominated).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That would be a fantastic card, will never happen though.

Also Rumble can't make 205 anymore, can he? :laugh:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's because he's back on his meds.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Why is Tate ranked so high?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bean Fried posted:

Her grappling with Rousey for 2.5 rounds and even putting Rousey in trouble some (yes I know Ronda still won very decisively). Forced me to reevaluate her. I knew she's spent a lot of money on her training camp and looked bigger than before but I didn't expect her to actually make Ronda look vulnerable, even if she got flipped every time she shot for a double.

I didn't realize you could get ranked #4 by not losing as badly as you did the first time to the champ. Also, I can't really think of any time Tate actually did anything resembling offense. Like just because Joe Rogan goes OHHHHHHHH! doesn't mean that you actually did anything important.

I mean if you're going to go by in-fight performances and not wins and losses, her getting beat up by Julie Kedzie should shoot her pretty far down the list.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah I was going to say the same thing, on top of that Kaufman actually does have a win over Tate and actually defended her belt (even if Roxy is a very favorable stylistic matchup for her). Kaufman's wins over Tate, Shayna Baszler, and Alexis Davis trump Tate's wins over Marloes Coenen and Zoila Frausto.

I would have Miesha closer to where Liz Carmouche is, which is pretty appropriate considering Sean Shelby's matchmaking here.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

I created a fighter that went undefeated his entire career until I hosed up his retirement fight real bad and lost to Kevin Randleman. The resulting blog post was reminiscent of the wailing and gnashing of teeth that occurred after Fedor lost to Werdum. I couldn't have planned it any better.

Holy poo poo I need to see a screencap of this.

Yuriy posted:

TitanFC is like signing every UFC person that WSOF and Bellator aren't and now added to their roster is george sotiropoulos

Edit:

That's great for him but I find it really, really funny that Bellator was paying their best champion less than 25/25

Bendo was making that until the Eddie Alvarez UFC offer came out, and he was a reigning UFC champion.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Do you at least have a reel of the stuff you've done? That will help a lot when it comes to getting people to say yes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I recently got ahold of a Canon Vixia hf100

Get something that's not a handheld tiny chip camcorder, like a used T2i and a couple cheapo prime lenses. We're probably past the point where anyone will take your work seriously if it doesn't have short depth of field and even a cheap DSLR will look better than anything but the best small chip video cameras.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Do you know any AE, Nuke, anything like that?

You should steal appropriate Roland's submission stats and make an infographic video and show people that, doesn't require anything but your time and maybe pulling some stock images from Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

PM me if you need any input and stuff, I've been freelancing for years and I've wanted to do something MMA or BJJ related but I don't have the motion graphics chops to really pull off what I see in my head.