Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFargate
Oct 6, 2007
So after coming across his thread I finally motivated myself to do something with the 1084 stock i purchased a while back. I have gotten to the point where i am shaping the blade itself. My question is what tools are best suited for working the blade edge? I originally ground out the angles on a bench grinder but im unable to get any real symmetry. Would i be better filing the edges? Any advice would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFargate
Oct 6, 2007
Theres a bunch of diy forge info in that thread

TheFargate
Oct 6, 2007

Gealar posted:

I had a question. I know earlier in this thread or the blacksmithing thread someone mentioned places they used to get metal for knives. I was browsing through amazon and they had blanks and bars of steel for sale. Has anyone tried buying from there?

This place is hard to beat for knife steel
http://newjerseysteelbaron.com/