Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
First one in progress. This crap is harder than all you a-holes made it look:

1095 steel, the handle is black/green G10 sheet, which looks a lot more like a pickle than I anticipated. Still needs to be tempered and have final sanding done, also gonna rub in a thin layer of epoxy to seal the handles. Trying to sort out kydex holster making- I have the supplies except for rivets and it seems hard to find a cheap way to set rivets. If it finishes out well this will be a gift for one of my boys, and I'll dry-moly the blade so I can laser engrave his initials on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Working on a small one using primarily angle grinder and dremel instead of hours of filing and sanding. I am gonna cover up my lovely job by scalloping the surface so it looks cool. :thumbsup:

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Just about dun.

Oh poo poo it glows in the dark whaaaat

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Thanks. That’s the idea, I used glow pigment powder mixed in with the epoxy.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLnqr6IGVgs