Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
I just found out that I'll be getting a propane blow-torch for free in about a month. Some quick googling tells me that I'll need to build a forge in order to do any real blacksmithing. Have any of you guys done that kind of thing, or should I check out the blacksmithing thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

rio posted:

This is a very cool thread. Is there a general knife thread on the forums? I just got into knives and now have 9 all of the sudden and am teaching myself to not be poo poo at sharpening with a 5 stone sharpening kit and I just got a strope today. I would love to get into making them and it will probably happen at some point. I have trying to keep the purchases under 50 bucks but just opened the floodgates today and got a Spyderco PM2 so yeah let's see how fast I go broke buying knives for no reason.

TFR has a knife thread.