Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but I'm figuring people who make knives also know about sharpening them. I've made my own sharpening jig

http://i.imgur.com/YA5kGyl.jpg

To start with I'm putting a compound edge on my s30v leatherman blade. The cutting angle is between 36 and 38 degrees or so. I started working on it only to realise two things, first my oil stone is no where near flat and second grinding paste is no substitute for honing paste.

The question is what sort of stone should I buy? I'm looking to spend less than £40 if possible, on the stone and am thinking some kind of combination stone would be good. The other thing I'm after is recommendations on honing paste because as far as I can see they all look the same.

Solly fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU