Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Had my first failure of a PUG group today because of a derp tank, in Brayflox's Longstop. I've been told it's a common hurdle for, you know, idiots. That dragon seems like the most serious test of "can you avoid standing on bad things?" so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love that they offer the Entry subscription, especially considering how obviously this game has been designed around having a single character do everything. It's a nice alternative for people who don't care about having multiple fursonas or whatever.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Oh yes, PUG Titan is down! I'm proud of myself for keeping it cool and calmly explaining that no, my teammate wasn't experiencing a glitch, they just needed to dodge stuff faster. Oh, you couldn't see it until really really late? I'm sorry... guess you need to see it faster too. And then dodge faster.

EDIT: Haha, I've seen some videos of quirky AOE detection, now I'm glad I wasn't a dick to those people. It's frustrating knowing that most of them are probably just bad though.

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 18, 2013

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think someone mentioned there being a Malboro goon group, anyone know who to talk to? I don't think it's in the OP.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I had a nice Stone Vigil failpug today. It was nice because the tank and/or healer were so bad that we had to quit within 25 minutes instead of struggling the whole way through only to run out of time at the boss or whatever. I wasn't even mad.

On that note, I asked earlier but didn't see a response, is there a goon presence on Malboro? Would be nice to not need pugs.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The tank is like your loving, caring mother. Would you steal aggro from your own mother?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Whew, my strategy of being broke and lazy has paid off!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Aw yeah, got a nice group for Castrum Meridium and then Praetorium quickly followed. Very impressed by the cutscenes and well, actually all of Praetorium was great.

Now to coast my way to epic gear, right guys?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love the unpredictability of Duty Finder. I accidentally found myself in AK after meaning only to queue for Aurum Vale (once I realized that they changed the Grand Company quest to be Aurum instead of AK); I let everyone know I was new and was there accidentally, but they were awesome and we finished super quick with no deaths.

Then I finally get into Aurum afterwards and we get half an hour in, wiping repeatedly to the first boss, before I quit for the night.

To reiterate though, I didn't see anyone mention it... you no longer have to do AK in order to get promoted and pick up a level 50 Grand Company weapon. Aurum Vale has replaced it for that quest.

Martman fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 16, 2013

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

sevenflow posted:

Looks like you have to run in circles.
I bet like a million people had this idea but didn't want to say it 'cause it sounds dumb as hell.

EDIT: Also they have a monk in their group! Woohoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Someone called something an anime but it isn't? Oh man, goooooons are gonna go to town on him!! Us SA forumgoers hate anime misidentification.

• Locked thread