Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Everyone should fish. EVERYONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey seorin I love being a botanist so there :colbert:

edit: but seriously, nice guide!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

From playing EQ, FFXI, and even WoW to some extent, lots of players are trained to wait for a rez. Even though in FFXIV this is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. But that's the breaks. :v:

Its the same as why everybody fights things solo. In this game, all you have to do is deal 20% of the damage and you get credit, you get XP just the same and you even get quest credit.

You can go through your quests 10x faster if you just whack everything everybody else is fighting. There's absolutely no need to be the first to target a mob.

And yet, because people are used to FFXI/WoW, they assume you have to have the mob tagged to get full credit. In Square's defense on this one, the game actually did have a popup which tells you this very clearly, the person who tags gets full credit automatically, and everybody else gets credit if they contributed enough.

And yet here I am level 30 and there's still people all around me that run after a mob, but then when I tag it, they ignore it and go looking for new ones. Then I /t them and let them know, and they're like "oh poo poo really?" :doh:

I do love how some people simultaneously bitch that the game is too easy / tells you too much obvious information, and then later complain there's things they didn't know (Like the threat meters). Pick one, dudes.

That is really awesome and I did not know about this at all, thank you!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sankis posted:

Aw, man. You were doing so well, Square! Why does my 50 dragoon chest piece have an exposed navel :(?

Male summoners are forced to wear the exact same leather-strapped dress as females, so I'm not too broken up over the exposed DRG tummy.

See also: subligar.

Poor dudes :(

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Subligar is both a blessing and a curse. (I love it.)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Watch the cutscenes and blacklist the awful people. Your experience in the game will be better for it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Khisanth Magus posted:

Items that are even more useless than the other ones, but also look awesome. Well, go Exodus I guess!

Here's hoping for earring vanity slots.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Definitely the best PlayOnline Viewer song.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

Actual image of me crafting:

I miss Quadavs.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lalafell haters :frogout:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

or Sastasha

Or Costa del Sol

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
For anyone interested, Excalibur is open right now.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ith posted:

Why is there no Roegdyn Scion? I think the Scions are racist.

Does Biggs count?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is a weird request but can someone with the Lightning hair post a screenshot of what it looks like with a hat/helm on?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Iowa posted:

Let me know if this works for you.

Perfect, thanks! Ah Roegadames look great with that hairstyle too.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I noticed that the male Hyur midlander "default" hairstyle (#1) will clip very rapidly through the collar on the yukatas when running. Is this something that happens with higher level gear as well?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Volt Catfish posted:

I think all of the clothes clip through a Miqote's tail :v:

I can handle the tail (I don't play Miqote anymore though) but the constant hair blinking on the collar while running is starting to grate on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I feel using the Ixal dailies on any crafting job below 15 is a bit of a waste because even as a casual (like myself) you can get from 1-15 in an hour on any crafting job. Scaling with your level is very neat though and I'm excited for that!

• Locked thread