Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Just in case it hasn't been made clear yet: This is a fun, non lovely mmo that has fishing and a playable falafel race.

If you're sick of wow style combat, you won't find anything new here, and if you're a poopsocking internet dragon slaying hero you'll burn out of l50 content quickly.

But if you like Final Fantasy, you like mmos, you like wow combat, you like cool dungeons and fun boss fights and sweet music, you'll find plenty to enjoy here. Crafting ain't half bad either.

Game is also loving beautiful and runs quite well.

edit: And if you were somehow scared off by 1.0 or rumors of 1.0, this game shares 'great music' and 'great graphics' as about the only similarities. Even more amazingly, they integrated the literal destruction of the world into the storyline in a pretty cool manner.

Oh, and I totally forgot about that. It has a real, legitimate level 1-50 final fantasy storyline. You could absolutely play this game to the level cap, watch the credits, and call it done without subscribing if you wanted to (you monster).

victrix fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Are the animations for the /visor command not in the game yet or something? I'm tired of seeing my guy, well rather not seeing his face, with the heavy armor set. The hide-head gear feature doesn't seem to work when you have that kind of armor, nor does /visor to show the face.

Visor works for the Warrior AF helm specifically, I don't know if it works on any others.

We need cosmetic armor :(

They said it's getting patched in eventually at least.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rafzakael posted:

It probably doesn't need to be said, but I'll say it anyways.

Slap an authenticator on your account please! Don't be dumb and think that just because you browse safely and scrub your machine that you will never ever get hacked. If you have a smartphone (and really, you do, it's tyool 2013 you can get smartphones for free probably), download the authenticator app and link it to your account, it's free, it's easy, theres no reason not to.

Quotin dis

There are SO loving MANY hacked accounts gold spamming in town

Don't let the tiny inconvenience of typing in a code be the reason you get hacked and spend two weeks dealing with SEs overloaded CS

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Nightwatcher posted:

How is tanking in this game?
That aspect of MMO's has always held my interest the longest in these games and I am curious about FFXIV

Good. Ironically the same issues that make it lovely with lovely players make it more entertaining as a tank.

Aggro management is actually a thing again, and the 2.5s gcd means you need to think about what to fire and when, and weaving in 'instant' abilities between attacks is interesting (there's a .5s icd, so you can't spam all your oh poo poo buttons in a row, weaving them into your rotation is the way to do it whenever possible).

The dungeons are really surprisingly tank friendly too, there's not a lot of bullshit random patrols and I don't find trash excessive (ymmv).

Mob groups can be done with cc, without it, or with aoe.

Bosses have increasingly complex mechanics as you level, up to fights that rival any sort of modern mmo raid boss mechanics.

The progression through that complexity is, although probably slow for veterans, really well thought out. Everything you learn from boss fights, you use in the last dungeon. Everything you learned from that trip, you use on the post storyline battles, and each time they add a few more layers to the encounters.

(None of this helps lovely players learn anything, they will still steal threat, attack random targets and slept mobs, etcetc. But it's fun otherwise!)

One other point - there are a lot of new players in FF14, not just to 14, but to mmos period. If you don't like teaching newbies, you could grow frustrated with their performance. Even if you don't, hairtrigger whiners often will.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

For every DF group up until hard post-story content, the worst experience I've had has been 'this guy is kinda below average or maybe new' or 'this dps/healer is getting snippy at that other dps/healer for reasons'

Granted, tanking my way up means I could control a lot of stuff you have no power over when you're not, but still. A little patience and some explanations go a long way.

Ironically the first time I ever failed a dungeon was an AK run with a full FC group. DPS could not handle demon wall :pseudo:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Is the level 10 Arcanist quest implying the Foreseer got raped. This game gets dark very quickly. :catstare:

There are some very sad things in the story :(

It is incredibly, incredibly atypical for an mmo/videogame/japanese rpg storyline in that there are plenty of things that people say and do that wouldn't be out of place in a non-horrible novel.

The translation quality is loving aces basically. I've heard it's better than the native japanese, though I cannot read the moon runes to know if thats true.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone have issues with push to talk in mumble and xiv?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Do you have that on a webpage somewhere? I mean I'll just bookmark the post but :v:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Titan HM query for anyone doing it - how do you avoid the bombs safely when tanking Titan?

Particularly during the final phase, if you get bomb rows and row 2 drops on your face, can you shift from the edge to the center row 1 fast enough to avoid the second detonation?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

Eorzea isn't exactly a very friendly place to outsiders, especially in Gridania and Ul'dah.

The Gridanians are such assholes I find their entire town repellant :mad:

But I like the Shroud a lot, it has some of my favorite areas in the game :3:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

eggrolled posted:

What starting zone did you guys enjoy the most?

I don't really care about the initial class since I can change easily enough later, but when I tried out the game on a friend's account, I started in Gridania which felt kind of... meh. I actually felt like Gridania was kind of disorienting and found it really confusing to get around. :buddy: Are Uldah or Limsa better? I know it's kind of s ubjective question, but am still curious. :)

Ul'dah are a bunch of greedy merchant bastards and mercenaries, their scenery is all desert and steppe style terrain

Limsa is a bunch of pirates and traders, their scenery is all coastal seaside cliffs and beaches with jungles in the interior

You'll have access to all three areas fairly quickly regardless of where you start, but since your starting city is tied to your class, you won't be able to (easily) travel to the other areas till level 15 (which does not take long)

Both Ul'dah and Limsa's areas are indeed much easier to navigate than the forest around Gridania.

I like all three :v:

edit: Also I cannot unhear the superman theme song during daytime in Ul'dah. Gridania has the lord of the rings shire thing going on.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not entirely true, you can craft ilvl 70 stuff that can be socketed with materia, making it equivalent or possibly even better than the current best non Coil gear

... except doing so is insanely expensive in terms of Philosophy stones, which you could just use to gear yourself out in Darklight soooo :shobon:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Manslaughter posted:

I know this was seven pages ago but in order to get the GC level 50 weapon you need to be 2nd Lieutenant. And in order to do that you need to do the trial given by the Commander, and that trial is clearing AK. Or am I missing something? I really don't want to run WP over and over just to get a 1/8 chance of a weapon from each run.

You don't need anything but a high level weapon and your AF gear to do AK, despite the :byodood: rantings of DF dwellers.

I haven't farmed it nearly as much as some of the truly dedicated poopsockers, but not once on a run have I ever failed because of a mildly undergeared dps - failed because dps could not execute on demon wall, yes, but not because of their damage output (well, maybe indirectly, but being dead you tend to do 0 dps soooo).

I tanked it fine with no prep, never had a healer complain, and if I've ever had an undergeared healer for it, I've never noticed.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Speaking of, if you haven't, get thee to the Sahagin lands once you're at 50

Those are some cool looking areas

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

boho posted:

Apocatastasis (BLM): Defensive cooldown that you can't cast on yourself. Raises the target's elemental resistances by 30%. I don't know if this means they get 130% of their current resists, if they get enough additional resists to reduce damage by 30%, or if it flat reduces incoming elemental damage by 30%. It lasts 12 seconds, has a 2 minute cooldown, and a target cannot benefit from it more than once every 60 seconds. This is pretty obviously a "help the tank survive a big elemental attack" move. Probably more of a hard mode/raid thing. People smarter than you and me will tell you when to use it.

Aetherial Manipulation: You teleport next to another party member in a 25 yalm range. 30 second cooldown. I guess it helps you get out of the fire? A pretty huge disappointment for our level 50 spell.

Virus: Reduces a target's STR and DEX by 15% for 10 seconds. 90 second cooldown. It's nothing earthshattering, but take it for soloing since you can't cast Eye for an Eye on yourself anyway. I'm not sure if it beats out Eye for an Eye either due to its low uptime and the fact that Arcanists get something that makes Virus way better.

Just commenting on these from a tanks perspective after doing all the dungeons and hard mode fights:

I like any BLM who casts Apocatastasis on me. Odds are if he's doing that, he knows wtf he's doing in general. Yes, I notice the tiny little buff icon. Yes, I appreciate it every time. On some very hard fights, this can save someones life if you cast it on the right person at the right time.

Aetherial Manipulation is totally pointless until it isn't, and then it can save your life and possibly save the raid a wipe. If you're out of position during a bad aoe, this can get you to a safe location instantly.

Virus is very useful for cutting damage from predictable huge damage abilities on certain bosses. Learn the timing yourself, ask, or listen, as appropriate. No one will notice or get angry if you cast it on cooldown, and no one will notice but you'll be helping if you cast it at the right time and save a bit of extra damage.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Just curious - anyone here who has done Ifrit Hard on PS3 (or with a controller, more importantly?)

I play on PC with kb/mouse, and won't use anything else, but we were chain running it last night. Some people just consistently suck at that fight. Then I realized they never chat. Then I'd watch them, and from the way they move...pretty sure they're using a controller.

Just curious if anyone has managed that fight with a controller that could report how it was.

There's zero reason the controller would impact their movement (hell, if anything, I find it easier to lazily move around with a controller than I do with the keyboard).

There is a notable exception however - if you 'lock target', this fucks your mobility all to hell. You only strafe relative to the target, and you can't do a 180 and run at all, only slowly backpedal.

Another issue could be 'auto face target', which I think is enabled by default, and can cause some problems for healers and classes using instant abilities.

Some combination of those two things could well cause problems for a controller user (the latter can affect m+kb users too).

Finally target selection requires using the dpad - and that could be bad news for healers who don't have smart macros set up.

But just in terms of 'move out of that poo poo dumbass', no, controller won't affect that.

victrix fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 17, 2013

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Coach Sport posted:

Is crafting and gathering a trap? Seems like you can stay up to date on gear while levelling just from sidequests, not to mention the market board. Does it end up being worth all the effort lategame?

Either you enjoy it or you're aiming to make cash selling stuff.

There's no reason to do it for leveling gear, no.

You need it to meld materia, but that's a longer term goal for players who prefer combat classes, and they can get friends to do those melds anyway. It's a convenience thing otherwise.

In terms of high end gear, it can make competitive stuff, but it's currently just as/more expensive than farming up the tokens for the gear normally, and then costs either a lot more time or money to get the materia necessary to make it better.

That last point can and will probably change in future patches, but for the moment yeah, I'd say either do it because you like it or do it to make gil, don't do it to make combat gear while leveling or whatever.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Subligar rules forever and always, I will not hear otherwise

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

threat stuff

Yeah, this works. Although what the gently caress is your healer doing casting medica 2 or some poo poo at the start of a pull and yoinking aggro that fast? That sounds like more of a stupid healer issue than your problem really.

Anyway, with no weaponchain involved, Butcher's Block will give you 500 potency worth of aggro, Overpower 480 (aoe), Tomahawk 390.

victrix fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 17, 2013

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lumis posted:

Question for all you PLDs out there. I'm having a lot of trouble in fights that have mechanics that need to be stunned while simultaneously trying to build aggro, namely Chimera for the relic quest and HM Ifrit. It seems every time an ability comes up that needs to be stunned, if I'm main tanking, I'm waiting on the GCD and can't hit it in time, and if I'm not MTing (particularily on HM Ifrit), I have to do literally nothing but stun for risk of it being on GCD if I do anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can correct this? I feel like I'm doing something incorrectly and being terrible at my job.

I haven't farmed HM ifrit enough to be sure, but if his eruptions are on a fixed pattern, you can simply learn that pattern and be waiting with your gcd ready to interrupt.

Chimera is more problematic - I can't think of a great solution there, because I'm not certain he's 100% predictable. I *think* a voice comes each time he empowers one of his heads, making it glow, but you'd need to verify that.

Currently you can cheese the Chimera battle by pulling him up the hill outside his cave - Dragon's Voice has no Z axis, so if all your ranged dps are down the hill, it'll never hit them, and only Ram's Voice needs to be interrupted ever.

Also I think Silence and Stun do not share diminishing returns, if true, you can have Bards silence to interrupt Ram's voice on top of any Warriors in the party stunning. I don't think you'd hit stun immunity if you're only interrupting Ram's Voice (until they patch that exploit anyway).

If you're not doing the Z axis bit and you trust your ranged (haha), there's little reason for the ranged not to stay close and only worry about interrupting/dodging Ram's Voice though, dying to Dragon's Voice is dumb. They can run out if they get targeted with an orb, and you have to kite him around to avoid Ram's Keeper ice patches on the ground. That's the hard/actual coordinated group method of doing the fight though.

I'm increasingly growing to hate the interrupt mechanics in this game, the disconnect between PLD/WAR interrupts on cooldown/gcd is a real problem.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Here's a protip for Warriors doing stun cycles. This is a really lovely solution for a problem I wish didn't exist, but hey.

Warrior 1 marks target with a 1 when his stun is up. He interrupts, marks the target with 2. Warrior 2 waits until he burns his interrupt, then marks the target back to 1.

You could do this with any number of stuns on cooldown, but good luck even getting this method to work in a pug, odds are they'll just whine and drop in a hm titan df.

Also Monk Silence seems like absolute garbage, unless I'm reading it wrong, they have to be in a specific stance to silence, which makes it even worse than Paladins on GCD stun in terms of reliability.

Bard Silence is excellent however.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

He's not doing anything wrong, this only recently became an issue on caduceus because he hits me so hard immediately that I basically need 2 cures off the bat, and I guess a tomahawk and heavy swing isn't enough to hold threat off that.

Depending on what you have on your bar you could blow cooldowns to amp your damage output. I'm reluctant to use Berserker because of that retarded rear end pacification at the start of a pull, but if you aren't using a slot for Mantra you could use Internal Release and Infuriate->Unchained at the start of the pull, unless you need either of those soon after.

Otherwise yeah, Tomahawk into double or triple Butcher's Block might work, though I'm not sure if doing more than one BB is worth it over one string... lesse

Full hate string is 150-600-1400, 2150 total

Compared with 1500 for three BBs. So not really. It would be more over the first three moves of the fight though, so you could do Tomahawk, BB, BB, then hate string, which would put you at 1390 instead of 1140 on those first few hits. Hmm. Seems kind of dubious. And you lose that big Butcher's Block at the end of the first three hits.

Ugh, this looks worse the more I examine it. With just the one BB...

If you do Tomahawk, BB, hate string, you're getting 390, 890, 1040, 1640, 3040
If you do Tomahawk, hate string, you're getting 390, 540, 1140, 2540, 2650...

So you do get a slight jump by inserting that first BB. I don't know if it'll be enough to hold it, but if you stack some dps cooldowns on there, it should help get you anchored.

The order you use them in basically just changes where you spike your hate it looks like.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

If you are running with people you know, and are probably on mumble or something, just communicate. Know who is supposed to do the first stun, say when your stun is used and that the next person is up. Not any different than a lot of mechanics for tanking in WoW where 2 tanks have to be in communication to know when to do something.

Of course, but I'm talking about in pug groups, you're never going to get them on mumble. Also even in vc, tagging the target has the advantage of warning everyone, including say monks or bards that your stun is up/down without cluttering voice chat with stun comments.

Stun rotations aren't an issue when I'm playing with my friends, but when I'm playing with my friends, we're trying to figure out clever ways to get each other killed in aoes. In DF pugs or even public pickup pugs for Relic mobs I'm just trying not to pull my hair out.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, so full party fights aren't two tanks at all, they're "a tank and a totally bored stunbot"?

:geno:

For two very specific fights in the endgame questline, yes

And not because they have to be, but because that's the path of least resistance way that requires less from any given pug dude in df

The same groups that will howl for a paladin only to tank Chimera or HM Ifrit will also look at you blankly if you ask them to silence and exclude you from the group entirely if you are a Warrior

Glad I decided on Warrior as my tank job :eng99:

(Only an issue in the court of public opinion, not with friends obviously, but I'm even having issues getting a HM Titan invite in my FC because so few people are on it, so I'm stuck in DF waiting to get my Relic)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

If someone is wailing about two tanks in Titan when random queuing they are a loving hell idiot, also they will never beat Titan for multiple, self evident reasons, one being that the party composition duty finder enforces is not ideal.

I've seen precisely one report of a DF kill on HM Titan.

I have lots of practice on the fight up to p5 at least :shepface:

The really really stupid thing is that many of the groups I've been in have had what it takes. PLD mt, War dpsing, all dps and healers dodging everything correctly, heart dying fast even without charging a lb. But then one wipe to mountain breaker or the final triple row of bomb patterns with landslide that people aren't familiar with and welp, wrap it up kids, time to requeue.

Totally baffling.

I mean there are plenty of groups I've been in that have dps or healers with like 2.8k health and no prayer of getting through p5, but I'll chalk that up to 'hey, it's the next mission, I did Garuda, let's do it!', and that's by no means the majority from what I've seen.

It'll probably be clearable in a few weeks time in DF, partly because by that point everyone queuing will be able to do p1-p4 in their loving sleep, and partly because people will have naturally geared up a bit more over time.

Otherwise, save yourself the trouble and do it with friends, your FC, your linkshells, or a pub group from your server in that order. And don't roll a Warrior :haw:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm honestly sort of shocked they didn't revamp their account system totally. MogStation looks to be an attempt to do just that, but their backend must be a nightmarish byzantine hellhole, because it still links right back to the old poo poo SE account page for some things.

I'll never understand how they maintain subs with such a horrible loving account site.

And it's better than it used to be for FFXI once upon a time :psyduck:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Confirming wind up cursor pet best pet, confirming ffxiv best mmo:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Also as far as sleep goes, if you can keep the tank standing, it's not needed, and it won't speed anything up - it can even get you chewed on a bit if you sleep and the tank doesn't have Flash. Warrior's can't use Overpower with slept mobs around, and not all of them have/use Flash. That means a slept mob is sitting there building hate while the tank is whacking on the primary target.

I think the first time sleep is important is Stone Vigil, and that dungeon is also one of the first places with nasty sleep immune mobs, go figure. Still a good place to start practicing.

Sleep is dead easy to use if the tank is willing to mark two targets.

It's worth asking if you're going to aoe or sleep stuff, and it doesn't hurt anything at all to sleep a mob that gets loose - I appreciate it when casters do this if something breaks free because it freezes the mob in place, instead of having to play the keystone kops routine chasing them round in circles.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

xZAOx posted:

What kind of gear is required for Hardmode Garuda? 50 GC / Ifrit weapon, a few pieces of darklight?

I'm a healer, but just wondering in general what's expected to make the fight mostly-puggable. Also, any quick guides about the fight would be nice. I think us Midgard guys are getting close to it.

I'm actually not sure - I did it with a group that had three tanks in it, so it's not exactly a huge dps check. As long as you have enough healing to keep everyone standing through the add phases, you're pretty much good to go. Everything other than that is execution.

I'd say dive into DF just to see how you feel, if you're really straining, either your healing might be a little low, or the tank/ot are positioning the mobs badly and you're eating overlapped 360 aoe.

Watch a video on the fight, but I'll say you can make things a lot easier during the add phase if all the ranged/healers stand in a tiny pile as far from the mt and ot as they can - avoiding all the 360s helps.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Manslaughter posted:

I've already had a couple WP df groups whine at me for being a Warrior :smith:

People whining in dungeons can suck a fat cock and gently caress right off

People not inviting you period on your server are sadly not far off the mark, for various reasons

Thankfully only for the last few top end fights in the game

Unfortunately only for the last few top end fights in the game :eng99:

We're apparently pretty crap in Coil. Part of that is probably that everyone is, essentially, doing Coil in a tier of gear too early due to the lack of Crystal Tower, but even accounting for that, I've read some fairly grim reports from Warriors who are gearing up IN Coil and still having issues.

Anyway, barring my personal frustration with the situation (I want my Relic :qq:), I really love the Warrior playstyle, and I'm confident they'll tinker with any issues one way or another.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Aladar posted:

Is this option broken or something? :confused: I mean, considering their account system, I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but.

Worked perfectly for me. I bought Crysta, plugged in the exact amount needed, done. Got my 3 month subscription rewards instantly on login.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Please play what you enjoy and try not to cater to what min-maxing elitists claim.

So much this. A large chunk of the issue with Warriors has nothing to do with the class and everything with social perception plus the desire of the masses to take the easiest road through content.

You can't ever stop that trend, it will always be an issue, and some class will always get the short end of the stick in that respect. There's a fair number of Paladins who aren't happy with being 'stun bitchbot' for a few high level fights, which is, again, a social issue as much as a class one (there are plenty of other ways to handle those specific fights).

And we're talking about issues with a tiny few fights in the game in comparison to the entire span of, what, 18 dungeons, 2 boss fights and 6 primal fights? Somewhere in that neighborhood.

I'd say they hit pretty close to the mark as is, and they'll get tweaked eventually.

Right now they're dealing with completely full servers and will be for some time until the first month freetime subs fall off. We only just hit the first gap (1.0 players free time expired today).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Do NOT use Legacy movement if you are a tank. It turns your back and disables dodge/parry/block.

It's probably ok for most caster/ranged types though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hobo Siege posted:

I'm coming to think of this game as a return to form for the series overall; it's easily the best entry since X. Aside from being a great MMO, it's just a good, classic Final Fantasy game like IX before it. I really hope it does well going into the second month.

I actually totally agree with this. You could buy it, play it to 50, finish the storyline, and move on happily.

Or you can subscribe and continue to bake cakes as a lalafel :3:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Harettazetta posted:

So, I just did the Garuda fight for the first time, and holy poo poo am I ever perving on that boss music. Epic.

Now fall.

It gets more epic in the later missions :stare:

But yeah, Garuda was a defining moment where you went from 'these dungeons are kind of neat' to 'oh poo poo!'

Though I thought Ifrit was pretty drat badass too

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Should I be playing this game like WoW? I've just been doing quests solo to level up but I'm level 12 now and getting pretty sick of these loving fetch quests. So much running I just wanna kill stuff.

So kill poo poo :v:

Exp-chain parties are actually great exp, but you have to a) kill mobs above your level b) kill ALL THE THINGS c) get in a FC party because pugs just run fate trains all day

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Eyespy posted:

Is there a guide anywhere on exactly how to set up a subscription? Mogstation refuses my mastercard, and nowhere around me sells game time cards. I'd try Ultimatepay, but there's nothing to tell me how to go about it.

I just want to play games :(

Use Crysta

Then buy Crysta for your account with a credit card or ultimate pay.

You can buy Crysta in specific increments, click the 'set a custom amount' button

So

1) Set the type of subscription you want

2) Set your payment type to Crysta

3) Load account with Crysta via cc/ultimate pay

4) Catgirls/falafel/chocobos/profit?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

Running Bray with my 34 Dragoon with pugs. Scalemail chest drops, says item lvl 32 and includes LNC/DRG.

It wouldn't let me roll need on it so a Whitemage won it with greed. This is my first time in here, I definitely don't already have it.

Anyone know what could have happened? Literally said "Not suitable class" or whatever

There's some weirdness with the way loot allocation works, at that point in the game I don't think there's 'full' heavy armor, so it was probably tagged as PAL/MRD loot for needing

Some similar issues arise with aetherial loot later on, because it doesn't really consider what stats the item rolls, so it may be greed only for literally the entire party

It's a little annoying, but really not much of an issue - none of the leveling dungeon gear is remotely important for getting to or succeeding at 50, and the 50 dungeons have class specific sets that you can need on correctly

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Every Dungeon chest that drops gear should give a useable piece of gear to each party member. gently caress this Need/Greed bullshit.

Nu uh, can't have you getting your equipment and unsubscribing that fast bucko :smuggo:

Protip: The sum total of gear you need to see 95% of the content in this game is a few farming runs of AK at 50. You can see and do everything else in the game without farming any dungeon.

Literally the only content in the game you need to farm gear for is HM Titan and Coil. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

jjac posted:

So does this game have a wardrobe system like RIFT or is everyone stuck looking like their current equipment like some sort of chump?

Cosmetic armor is on the list, it's not implemented yet, I can't remember if its patch 2.1 or 2.2 though

• Locked thread