Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
This game owns, and everyone should come play it with either Excalibur's Please Be Careful or Exodus' Principality of Zeon, or one of the many other groups I don't have memorized yet. :v: Come on over! Fish. Fish for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

No More Heroes posted:

It must be hard for them to respond to anything in party chat too? We had a lovely tank in a brayflox run and we were trying to explain to him what to do for the last boss but the dude would not respond or acknowledge anything in chat.

We chalked it up to: maybe he didnt speak english

It depends. On my PC I can switch between 360 and kb/m input very quickly, and using the controller doesn't prevent me from typing anything.

On PS3, though, I can't help but imagine there's some poor dudes out there who just don't have a usb keyboard to plug in. :v:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Coach Sport posted:

Is crafting and gathering a trap? Seems like you can stay up to date on gear while levelling just from sidequests, not to mention the market board. Does it end up being worth all the effort lategame?

Crafting is a lot of fun, you can make high quality gear, and you can slot materia (which, I believe, is a requirement for the relic weapons).

Gathering really needs some tuning with regard to exp gain, and a few other things about it are rough, but overall it's not a trap (it's just way too slow for what it is.)

Fishing is the best. Do it constantly. :v:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

hi liter posted:

What server should newb-goons go to? Are there any goon guilds that have a particularly high amount of newbies to join?

As someone on Exodus, I can tell you that we reliably get newer players joining up. I imagine the same situation is going on with Excal and the others. Pick whichever server sounds good (and is open!) and come play with us. :3:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Manslaughter posted:

I think we armchair speculated for several pages that DRK is more likely to come from GLD because there's pretty much no shield-using jobs left in the lore and the only excuse is that Cecil used a shield.

Red Mages use shields, at least they did in XI. Beastmasters, too. And Thieves could, but that's highly unlikely.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Why did DoL classes get the shaft? Apparently tradeleves bring in xp like a loving flood, meanwhile I'm mining materials for pittance!

FIX THIS SQUEENIX

It's a really weird thing, but someone posted a huge writeup of 'what's wrong with DoL leveling' that summarized all my complaints. A big one is that it feels like the exp was never tuned up based on the beta- it's still giving you pittances for xp, to the point where at some levels you need literally more than 500 successful gathers to level up. It's ridiculous.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Because it's the first time that healers need to cleanse status debuffs and it's the first time that tanks have to be mobile during a fight.

As an added bonus, one of the two healers at that level has no cleanse, so someone going 'Yeah I can't wait to be a Scholar in this dungeon!' is struggling pretty drat hard against poison they can literally do nothing but heal through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Is Excalibur still permanently locked out of new characters? I wanted to roll up and see what's happening but apparently poo poo's still restricted. :smith: Should I wait, or is it more or less hopeless?

• Locked thread