Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I liked fishing but then some assholes found my secret fishing spot and then I stopped. That fishing spot was special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

edit: blah blah blah read closer next time volt catfish

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I cant wait to change pretty anime hairstyles on my Lalafell :3:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Edit: i can't read I am sad

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Since we're on the topic of Summoners, it kinda seems to me that Garuda outclasses Ifrit in every way, am I wrong?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

apple orchard of dreams posted:

Has there been any talk about summons in certain dungeons being a little unfair? In Qarn, your summon can get doomed and will die, but this boss isn't that hard so fine.

I have a lot of trouble with the final boss of Qarn as a Summoner. I just can't do enough burst dps to stop the cage lasers, and I think getting paired with two Summoners would make that phase of the final boss near-impossible.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Man the final boss of Cutter's Cry would've been much easier if the tank and dragoon had understood the boss's simple mechanics :cry:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Spaceman Future! posted:

This is one of those instances where you have to micro your pet. It takes too long to build up fester on the turrets and ruins just don't cut it fast enough. Its a pain because that little fucker just wants to run back over to the boss but its kinda necessary. Unless you have a bard in the pt in which case they will wipe them out before your pet can even fly over so jus do your thang.

Yea did Qarn again tonight and we smoked it this time :toot:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Brayflox has been good to me. I got the entire Battlemage set (Minus the gloves and, if it even exists, the waist) in 3 runs. :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Side jobs have pretty much nothing but fates, sadly. But if you know where to go to fate grind, you can go from 12 to 30 or so in a day or 2.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I hope wearing the Lightning costume changes all battle music to "Blinded By Light" unironically thanks square gbye

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fisher only being at 5 is a problem you need to fix right now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So is it even possible for 2 summoners as the DPS in the Garuda story fight to even succeed?

Trying to take down all the adds right before the big explosion is really difficult/impossible due to cooldowns and no aoe. Should I do it on my Bard?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ah poo poo guys, you're right. Not only Bane but I could've used Tri-Disaster as well to stick them to one place.

Well I'm a dumbass. I'll give it another go :shepface:

Edit: Do I need to get Garuda-egi to get my AF? The AF would help and I am level 45...

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 28, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't remember ever setting a secret answer/question, but I picked the only thing I would've chosen and answered with the correct answer and it still doesn't work so ???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I kind of think the SMN AF is a mess, but each element individually is great. Well, except for the boots. They're awful.

Summoner AF is great what're you talkin about? Now the Bard AF, that's a true clusterfuck...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So how do you pull off the mission where you have to protect the magitek armor as a white mage? The enemies seem to ignore everything you and the npcs do and go straight for the armor no matter what, and the white mage can't do enough dps to kill the guys before they waste the armor. Also, you can't seem to heal or buff the armor either. Is levelling the only answer?

(Note: I'm not the white mage and I don't know anything about white mages)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Etrips posted:

Anyone happen to know if the Bard songs stack?

You bet your fuckin' rear end they do. Well. At least I've heard that they do, anyway :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Downtime posted:

With multiple bards you can have one of each song up. Two of the same song will not stack.

Well yea, that would be ridiculous. I suppose I misunderstood his question because I've been fate grinding for the past 8 hours and feel faint.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tell me about HM Ifrit since I haven't beaten the game yet. Does everybody at least get the weapon drop? All I hear all about people trying so hard to get their weapon drops and failing, but hey, getting any loot at all would prevent me from getting too angry.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

I know GLA is lovely DPS but holy hell :psyduck:

Leveling from 1-15 is really easy when you know how to do it, and when you're not wasting time doing the boring fetchquest-y early quests.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got kicked out, too. It seemed like a colleague of mine also experienced freezing for a minute but he didn't get kicked...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't understand why you wouldn't greed on everything. If someone actually needs something, greed isn't going to do poo poo, right? Unless people agree upon loot distribution ahead of time, of course...

Note: I probably don't know what I'm talking about and I know there are (rare) exceptions

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

goldjas posted:

Just ran Wanderer's Palace for the first time. Tonberry King dropped a Darklight bow. Of course our party had no Bard.

I hope you greeded that poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pomp posted:

Allagan pieces are randomly distributed.

And always useless!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Concurred posted:

So I need to do AK, a dungeon that requires decent gear, in order to get rank 3 in my GC which is the first place I can get a level 50 weapon? Am I missing something? Because I've run WP around 15 times and haven't seen poo poo there.

How can you stand fighting the Tonberry King? That guy is one annoying rear end in a top hat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So is there a way to put together a goon group for Ifrit HM or something? Trying to organize something like that with the FC doesn't seem to work, and I have tried like ten times in the DF and none of them seem to be able to kill Ifrit :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Welp, I did Haukke Manor last night after a spot of crafting, and I, uh...I forgot to register my WHM job crystal as part of my equipment set.

Never before have my heals felt so weak... :negative:

So this is probably why I ended up doing Stone Vigil once with a Lv. 42 Pugilist...it all makes sense now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Please look forward to the future hard modes of dungeons. I seriously can't wait for a level 50-tuned Qarn :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

By the time you're a level 50 Summoner/Scholar, you probably have way more than enough seals to buy the potions that reset your stat allocation.

It's not exactly always affordable, but you can swap back and forth relatively easily like this...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RVT posted:

PBC just got done chain running Ifrit for the night. I did two runs and two goons got their weapons. They did a bunch without me though, so who knows how many dudes got their stuff. Took me about 40 runs myself.

What I'm trying to say is I'm everyone else's good luck charm.

DGKK is mostly quiet about this kind of stuff. I'm waiting for the opportunity to switch to PBC.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

What cross-class skills should I have on Bard?

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Invigorate (level 22 LNC), Blood for Blood (level 34 LNC), Second Wind (Level 8 PGL), Internal Release (Lvl 12 PGL), and any other skill. The last one is kind of pick your poison.

In other news, what exactly is the WP drop the Bard needs for the relic, anyway? Is it the bow the guy needs materia melded into?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Etrips posted:

It somewhat is though. You can't spam flash for 15 minutes straight.

It sounds like you need more Bards in your Fate party!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

12 Ifrit HM runs.

Haven't seen the sword, the staff(?) for BLM, the summoner tome or the bow yet which I need. This guy isn't even hard it's just time consuming. There's also the fact that now that I've started, I am not stopping till I get that bow :cry:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Level 50 DF can be pretty bad, yes. Make friends in an FC or something. Be social, etc.

I try to form parties all the time and people hardly ever respond.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finally got that Ifrit Bow after 17 runs :toot:. First bow I've seen drop, and thankfully the other Bard already had it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pocket pool posted:

Can you describe a scenario in this game where PvP would make PvE worse?

Well I suppose they could do what Guild Wars 2 did, that is, fine tuning all of the classes and abilities for PVP and nothing else. Thus some of those classes sucked in PVE as a result.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait, since when are the Relics -hard- to get? It's more time consuming than anything else.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

No wait please don't nerf CM, I don't have full body Darklight yet and I don't wanna get yelled at for not having it all :( (Still haven't done AK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Vil posted:

From what I hear the only CM nerf was that a few trash packs were moved slightly so they're no longer unskippable. If it adds a total of 5 minutes to the run I'd be surprised.

That said, you now get 100 philosophy whether you do AK, WP, CM, or Praetorium, so...

So I'm assuming they moved the guys by the first chest slightly to the east so you can't run behind them anymore? Heh.

You know with like 4 bards it's not hard to gather up and eliminate the trash in CM quickly anyway.

• Locked thread