Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Martman posted:

Had my first failure of a PUG group today because of a derp tank, in Brayflox's Longstop. I've been told it's a common hurdle for, you know, idiots. That dragon seems like the most serious test of "can you avoid standing on bad things?" so far.

Its a roll of the dice everytime with a pub group. I did 2 runs today each with a paladin tank. I was the WHM healer. First run went flawlessly, second run the tank had zero aggro whatsoever. Every single pull came straight for me when I cast my first heal.

Nevertheless, this game is fun as hell and has grabbed me like no game has since EQ1 in '99

:getin: when you can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Aurain posted:

Man, the last 4 Brayflox runs I've attempted on my grind for that set have all had Gladiator/Marauder tanks in lovely gear. I'm incredibly well geared as the healer so I can just about manage to keep them up through the first three bosses, but it's difficult and the chest pulls body people.

I shudder to think how discouraging it is for DPS'ers who need to pass it for story. The super long wait combined with bad tanks who are not up to the job must be so terrible. Why aren't they even getting their Job Crystals? It blows my mind.

On my last run I had a tank stand right in the middle of his narrow corridor AOE attack, each time it would knock him down to 1/4 HP. Needless to say: I was out of mana pretty quick.

I thought Haukke was an idiot check but Brayflox is on a whole 'nother level :cripes:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Doublestep posted:

You don't even have to say it, most controller users are fairly obvious just from moving (you'll walk instead of run a lot on other players screens)

It must be hard for them to respond to anything in party chat too? We had a lovely tank in a brayflox run and we were trying to explain to him what to do for the last boss but the dude would not respond or acknowledge anything in chat.

We chalked it up to: maybe he didnt speak english

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

boho posted:

For EQ nerds, did anyone else think Coerthas Highlands had a very Marus Seru/Sanctus Seru vibe going, except for the fact that their city looks like Katta Castellum?

I hope they eventually open that city in a content patch. Maybe as a raid so I can kill those fanatical fuckers. So many times in that quest line I wished I could just blow those pompous xenophobes up and take what I needed instead of playing Game of Thrones or whatever.

Actually it reminds me of Narshe because of the snow

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rerolled on Midgardormer because the server issues seem to be a thing of the past, can someone pm me with who to talk to for an invite?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jerichojx posted:

1. Did you do your class quest? All class quests give a level appropriate weapon.

2. At level 15-20, you should be working on the 3 dungeons that are back to back. That should bring you to 19. If you need a little extra xp, Ale Port is actually one of the better locations for 15-20 for Fates

I'm only level 40 but do the class quests quit after 30? I havent been back to check lately but I'm pretty sure I didnt get one at 35..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

AdamXIII posted:

With server xfers coming up I'm looking for an FC for me and my SO. I'm a 50 PLD workin on AK farming and primal HM's. I'd really like an FC with some more casual players but also at least 1 raiding group. I want to raid but when I play with my SO i switch over to a lower level class/job. I'm happy to tank things for people and help out form time to time. Also be good if there's an active voice chat server.

I'd like to go to Excalibur but my SO isn't a goon. How is Aethernet Famous?

It's pretty casual but there are a group of 50's that are grinding the high level stuff, and the linkshell on Midgard is pretty active too.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress. I'm really loving conjurer healing. I'm only level 20 and have only run the first three instances... but it feels so good. It feels like holy paladin healing circa Burning Crusade.

Guys.... I... I think I'm in love.

I played Conj up to 30 and unlocked WHM and loved the healing too, and then you get into the 30+ instances with 40,000 aoe's going off everywhere and constantly having to be moving and was like :smithicide:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

sentrygun posted:

If you're just Fate grinding nobody's gonna care if you're running around in a bikini. So long as you're generating enough enmity to get golds

I just assumed that fate performance was based upon damage done this whole time..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

notZaar posted:

I think it's still agro. That's the only reason I can think of for FATE mobs and bosses being immune to Provoke.

Does running around spamming Flash work?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

As someone who rolled Dragoon first and is now leveling arcanist for both jobs I can tell you both are fine, being a drg can be kind of hard at times, as it's a little more involved than initial impressions may make you think, it's hard and nobody understands.

I plan to be an arcanist in the long term after I've also leveled the tank classes however.

Leveling is my life in game right now.

Oddly enough I'm waay more satisfied leveling rather than just sitting on my thumb being 50. I started off Dragoon too and then deleted that char when I ended up with 3 hotbars worth of abilities and combos to manage. Then I rolled a Bard and played that up to 50, finished the storyline and then looked at all the raids I had to complete just to get the class weapon let alone all the darklight poo poo.

So that character is sitting now as I play a Paladin and WHM :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

Jesus christ at least get to 50 first.

I got to 50 and glanced at the Darklight and Relic grind... and then promptly started crafting and forgot about it :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jsr v2.0 posted:

I did my Titan relic fight using the DF on Diablos. I'm a BLM - the queue was never longer than 10 minutes. Not sure if it was due to a lack of DPS queuing for Titan or what, but I never had to wait. I also cleared it on the 3rd group I joined.

After hearing about how awful it was, I was pleasantly surprised. Got it done quickly, and painlessly.

This current crop of DF guys are probably people on their 2nd or 3rd 50 trek by now. I've noticed pugs getting better at poo poo across the board, from Haukke to Brayflox on up.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I can not, off the top of my head, think of a single contribution Minfillia made to the storyline that could not have been replaced by an Etch-a-Sketch that someone had drawn a smiley face on.

But her outfit has a butt window...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Musket posted:

So this BRD stuff. We dont actually use your songs much? I keep hearing we are nothing but "huntards without pets" who could use songs but really dont. In a FATE group lastnight, bored waiting for one to pop, I used my [Chocobo Mazurka][Gather] macro/song and got laughed at... "Bard dont sing bro, they just pewpew".

At End Game, im aware I wont be playing like I did in FF11, but come on... do brds not at all have any legit support roles here other than TP (which I hear most dont need a song for) and a debuff on a mob?

I honestly was expecting to have some use for my songs or to be more support than a direct dps class. Maybe I just didnt read very much into what I thought I was signing up for. I like how theres a 20% damage reduction for using songs.

I've used the mana song in Brayflox before, people used to ask for it in fates (DD) RIP Dark Devices, and then again in CM. It definitely doesnt feel like a support class like an EQ1 Bard where what songs they were singing was like the most important thing they did. I hope they flesh out the class more over time :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

So, I've started taking up Botany in my spare time, an have noticed that some of the items in the 1-5 level range only list level 30 and level 50 trees as dropping them. Any idea what's up with that?

e: My current working theory is that they're just low-level items that can only be accessed at a higher level, which seems stupid but you never know.

You should hit level 5 chopping maple logs outside Gridania easily.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OWLS! posted:

Dunno, I've run into a some really bad tanks.

But there are more really bad dragoons out there, than bad tanks.

I came back recently after taking a couple months off and only encountered one really bad DF tank who ignored adds beating on the healer so I kited the adds off the healer with my Bard.

One thing I noticed with the low level roulette is healers really dont like Haukke. I had one queue where four times in a row the healer dropped as soon as they seen it was Haukke. Haukke hasnt been hard since forever wtf healers :cripes:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I still find fate groups in Costa

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vil posted:

I pre-emptively quit raiding.

I pre-emptively never started raiding after too many failed titan runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CrimsonObserver posted:

Gold Saucer has been confirmed between the last two live letters, they've even shown concept art of it being a city in the sky. We just don't have timing nailed down other than most likely before 3.0.

I would totally come back for Gold Saucer. Is there room on Excalibur yet?

• Locked thread